First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike From Yakima

Seattle, WA

#1 Aug 21, 2009
I am considering moving to Republic in the next 3-5 years. My only concern is the high unemployment rate. I am in my mid 40's with a family and would have to secure a job before I could make the move. Is the job market as meager as I have heard??
Jessica

Okanogan, WA

#2 Aug 22, 2009
I consider Republic a great place to live and raise a family. The school is great, little to no crime, beautiful scenery, and a lot of friendly people.

My question is, why are you moving here? Have you been here before?

Yes, jobs can be hard to find, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. What kind of skills do you have? The two biggest employers are the local hospital and the Kinross gold mine, but that's not to say they are the only thing around town. have you checked out the local webpage? maybe they have links or ideas for you.

good luck!
Mike From Yakima

Seattle, WA

#3 Aug 22, 2009
I have been going to Curlew Lake for 33 years as of July. I had always considered moving up there after I retired, my wife's god-parent's lived on the lake for a few years but health forced them to move back to the Seattle area. I want to move up while I'm still young enough to enjoy the surrounding's.
As far as work experiance, I worked in a hardware store, and micro-brewery, a beer distributorship, and currently working with hop co2 extract.
I contacted the Republic Chamber Of Commerce about jobs and there descripting was "challenging"
Nana in Malo

Cambridge, OH

#4 Aug 22, 2009
Welcome to a little bit of Heaven You worry about Jobs? well I always say if you want to work there is work out there. You won't get paid as much. I see a lot of jobs out there. There are a lot of retired people moving here, and you are welcome to start your own business this is a peace full place to live. I have lived here for 20 years now. I have not regreted it once. I love the winter as much as the summer. the school's are very very good. And have a couple of grand kids going though. Nice people good luck and welcome to Republic
mrs bruce mcauley

Graham, WA

#5 Oct 1, 2009
town is not quiet. republic has track,rifle range,and dirt bikes. the dirt bike kids and there parents made it impossible for me to stay. they are also making it impossible to sell the place. can hardly stand to go check on the place. republic city of broken dreams for me.
Loves Republic

Okanogan, WA

#6 Oct 14, 2009
Mrs. McCauley,

isn't your house that dump down by the Chevron station? I'm not surprised you can't sell it! And of course you would hate the dirt bike riders since their trail goes right past your house, which at one time was a decent piece of property. I used to live about a block from there and I never was bothered by the bikes, and the rifle and track range is a mile away...it's trashy neighbors that bother me the most!

I live right on the hwy now and it's quiet. City life will always be louder than here.
mrs bruce mcauley

Idanha, OR

#7 Oct 14, 2009
besides the dirt bikes in republic we had a wonderful lack of response from the local police. we were harassed and i was hospitalized more than once by the effects of the harassment. i was injured by a rock through my window hitting me. yep it is a trashy place i paid to have over five tons of stuff hauled off. i also paid to have the rest cleaned up by locals. they were paid the job was not done. if the place does not sell will burn the house this winter. my husband and i gave away tons of stuff to people when lived there. i was robbed and cheated when he died. still find it strange the emt dispatcher(next door neighbor) who. was on duty could not tell ambulance how to get to the house. how many peace signs in republic across from school?
place lovely town republic
mrs bruce mcauley

Idanha, OR

#8 Oct 15, 2009
good luck in red neck ville
Republic AKA Home

Wenatchee, WA

#9 Oct 26, 2009
Republic, Washington has been my home for 23 yrs. We've raised all three of our children here! All are very successful.. They are 18yrs to 24yrs.
This community doesn't always agree(rarely) but that's ok with me. Lots of free spirits!
Red Neckville AKA home sweet home.
Ms. Mcauley as a resident of Republic, I am so glad that you no longer reside here. Your constant whining and complaining isn't missed. Your rude ,obnoxious harrassment of our youth isn't missed.Let us know when you plan on burning the house, I'd love a front row seat.
Jessica

Okanogan, WA

#10 Oct 27, 2009
No wonder no one could find you! A peace sign by the high school on a back road? Sheesh! Don't you know your address or read a street sign?
mrs bruce mcauley wrote:
besides the dirt bikes in republic we had a wonderful lack of response from the local police. we were harassed and i was hospitalized more than once by the effects of the harassment. i was injured by a rock through my window hitting me. yep it is a trashy place i paid to have over five tons of stuff hauled off. i also paid to have the rest cleaned up by locals. they were paid the job was not done. if the place does not sell will burn the house this winter. my husband and i gave away tons of stuff to people when lived there. i was robbed and cheated when he died. still find it strange the emt dispatcher(next door neighbor) who. was on duty could not tell ambulance how to get to the house. how many peace signs in republic across from school?
place lovely town republic
chantel

Barrie, Canada

#11 Oct 29, 2009
Mike From Yakima wrote:
I am considering moving to Republic in the next 3-5 years. My only concern is the high unemployment rate. I am in my mid 40's with a family and would have to secure a job before I could make the move. Is the job market as meager as I have heard??
Yes, the jobs are meager. You should make sure you have guaranteed employment before moving here, or being self employed. As you can see for yourself, many residents are mean spirited and vindictive. The majority of children are following in their parents footsteps ie. bullies growing up to be narrow minded hicks that enjoy putting decent people down.
Dan

Barrie, Canada

#12 Oct 29, 2009
Don't forget the meth labs and perverts that are moving back in too. When the bike tracks closed you can see the kids throwing rocks at the deer and fawns in town to pass the time. Probably get a window or two besides. To pass their grades, they gotta go hunting. like it or not or no brownipoints. This town needs alot of improvement.
Local

Spokane, WA

#13 Nov 16, 2009
Don't let all the negative talk sway you. There's both good and bad in any town. A lot of it will depend on what your interests are.

Also, I graduated from Republic High School and none of us were required to go hunting in order to earn our grade.

Talk to the local Chamber of Commerce or maybe contact Gena at The Newsminer for more helpful information. Good Luck.
Mrs Bruce Mcauley

Tampa, FL

#14 Nov 30, 2009
mrs bruce mcauley wrote:
good luck in red neck ville
How much are you asking for this place ? Please send price and info about it to my personal Email
Dragonov43@yahoo.com
Thank you
Mr. Don Anderson
CAVEMAN

Chatsworth, CA

#15 Dec 9, 2009
Lived near Republic in 1999, had to move do to no work. I loved the place. I still own the place and plan to move back in spring. I'd rather be poor liveing in Republic, than runing the rat race in California.
Mike From Yakima

Seattle, WA

#16 Dec 13, 2009
CAVEMAN wrote:
Lived near Republic in 1999, had to move do to no work. I loved the place. I still own the place and plan to move back in spring. I'd rather be poor liveing in Republic, than runing the rat race in California.
My main reason for moving to the Republic area is my love for the area!! Each year I go there I find it harder and harder to leave. I know there can be negative people but I deal with that everyday here in Yakima, we have a pretty bad gang problem. My neighborhood is not bad, but you hear about gang related shooting's every night or so on the TV!!
Jessica

Okanogan, WA

#17 Dec 16, 2009
Mike From Yakima wrote:
<quoted text>
My main reason for moving to the Republic area is my love for the area!! Each year I go there I find it harder and harder to leave. I know there can be negative people but I deal with that everyday here in Yakima, we have a pretty bad gang problem. My neighborhood is not bad, but you hear about gang related shooting's every night or so on the TV!!
I hope you both move here. We need more positive people here who love Republic for what it is!:))
knows truth

United States

#18 Dec 22, 2009
To whomever, beware of the property in discussion...NO clear title.
putt putt

United States

#19 Dec 23, 2009
if you would like a taste of gods country here it is but you better move fast there are a lot of well intended people trying to change it to make it better they dont under stand this isn't a park its our home and we dont need and can not afford all those things that Seattle has . A lot has change sense they let non property owners vote
StarznHead

United States

#20 Jan 3, 2010
Thank you for providing advance notice of your intent to commit a feloney (arson). I would suggest that the local Fire Marshall keep your letter of intent for use during your trial.

I have been in many places in this world, have found good and bad people everywhere, and figure that a place is what you make it. I like Republic, and have met many nice people there. If you think it is so bad, try moving to Seattle or Portland or any of those other big cities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Comments { 0 } Apr 29 kulo 1
Debate: Nuclear Power - Oroville, WA (May '11) Mar '15 Chief Tonasket 12
$5000 Reward (Jul '12) Dec '14 STARHEART 8
News Nearly empty gold E. Wash. mine to close in 2015 Dec '14 Tlh 1
Iso Tyler - late Horsewoman's grandson. son of ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 LGBTsupporter 1
Autumn Hendershot (Dec '08) Aug '14 Bonnie 3
stolen tablet (Jun '14) Jun '14 tanja 1
More from around the web

Republic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]