Review: Creative Kitchen Works LLC

Posted in the Renton Forum

SLV

Seattle, WA

#1 Jul 31, 2008
I would say it is the best commercial kitchen in western Washington! The first commercial kitchen that is build for food prep companies and their customers, it is not an afterthought. The decor is warm and elegant and the kitchen is clean and spacious. We are very lucky to have friends that are members and we enjoy going to the facility and helping prep for events!
TracyM

Seattle, WA

#2 Aug 22, 2008
I have a cousin that is a member of this kitchen and she invited us to the open house last week, it was the best commercial kitchen I ahve seen~
Tammey

Seattle, WA

#3 Oct 14, 2008
I went to thier open house last week and I could not believe the amount of food they had out for me to try.. I gained 50 lbs just walking in the door. They had each member display thier food and styles.. it was very exciting.

Thanks Tammey
Myra

Seattle, WA

#4 Mar 11, 2010
Tried to rent space from this owner, then after realizing their kitchen would be difficult to bring to compliance standards (Organic), cancelled and requested a refund of the $500 deposit paid in 2009. It's March of 2010 and the owner continues to stall. Terrible service.

First she claimed she'd issue the check as soon as she was able. Then she was ill. Then she claimed there was a 60 day waiting period before all deposits could be returned. Then, she went completely silent. Called the business and even the voicemail message says NOT to leave a message because calls cannot be returned. What kind of business voicemail message is this?

We will be reporting her to the BBB and filing a small claim suit this week.
My recommendation to anyone looking for a space minus the drama, keep looking...
Dave

Kent, WA

#5 Mar 19, 2010
Same experience as Myra. Paid the $500 deposit, then decided not to use the facility due to a suspect contractual agreement that is so vague (Intent to Rent?). You are expected to pay a monthly fee which is not stated in the non-binding agreement, even if you do not use the kitchen. Also, this agreement states on the back; "Letter is still under construction."

The place also gets crowded because the owner has taken on too many members - there is only so much space, and too few cooking appliances.

The owner has decided to keep my $500 bucks, which after discussing with my attorney, was probably well spent, in deciding to simply walk away form this particular kitchen.

As Myra, will report this kitchen the BBB, and advice to others...keep looking!
koowi

Tacoma, WA

#6 Jul 6, 2010
Myra wrote:
Tried to rent space from this owner, then after realizing their kitchen would be difficult to bring to compliance standards (Organic), cancelled and requested a refund of the $500 deposit paid in 2009. It's March of 2010 and the owner continues to stall. Terrible service.
First she claimed she'd issue the check as soon as she was able. Then she was ill. Then she claimed there was a 60 day waiting period before all deposits could be returned. Then, she went completely silent. Called the business and even the voicemail message says NOT to leave a message because calls cannot be returned. What kind of business voicemail message is this?
We will be reporting her to the BBB and filing a small claim suit this week.

My recommendation to anyone looking for a space minus the drama, keep looking...
We're also currently in a dispute with her right now to get my deposit back. We've been trying since fall of 2009. It's now July and she claims she wants to keep our deposit in lieu of "holding" our space over the winter. We never asked her to hold our space and now she is not returining our calls or emails. Will be taking this company to court. I adivse anyone considering ths space as a kitchen to move on.
renter

Seattle, WA

#7 Aug 31, 2010
I have rented space from this place and has been the best experience for a shared kitchen i have had all the other ones in seattle are dirty and i don't know what the other people are talking about there probably just bitter that they started a company and got no business. that has to be a tough part of having a shared kitchen is that people sign up and lose money and then they have to point blame somewhere. i think this is a great i deal because you don't lose to much trying your company out here then to buy your own place and go bankrupt and the owner sandy has been very generous with us

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy Parker scammer 1 hr Eric 1
Hey any girls wanna text me i need new texting ... (Nov '10) Dec 21 Sajad 62
SeaTac Garage Door Repair Dec 17 StefanieMErb 1
Tukwila Garage Door Repair Dec 16 KariRBowens 1
Seatac Locksmith Dec 13 alanmnealy 1
Garage Door Repair Renton Dec 1 josephsctthoonover 1
Sexting buddies Nov 25 dirtyboy 4

Renton News Video

Renton Dating
Find my Match