4,500 at Boeing to lose their jobs

Congratulations Unions for destroying US Aircraft Manufacturing. Textiles, Steel, Autos now the last remaining bastion, Aircraft.

Full Story
Church Slave

Federal Way, WA

#1 Jan 12, 2009
First the Unions destroy the US CAR Manufacturers and now Boeing.. Who's next?

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#2 Jan 12, 2009
The shipyards!
Church Slave

Federal Way, WA

#3 Jan 13, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
The shipyards!
And after the shipyards? Microsoft and Starbucks? We will have to wait and see.

What a crazy time we live in.

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#4 Jan 13, 2009
The border patrol is hiring!
hijos delos conijos

Philippines

#5 Jan 13, 2009
are you prpo illegal or vice versa? i relly like your barrel sombrero.

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#6 Jan 13, 2009
hijos delos conijos wrote:
are you prpo illegal or vice versa? i relly like your barrel sombrero.
Wouldn't it be silly to be "pro-illegal"?
Unless of course your a criminal.
hijos delos conijos

Philippines

#7 Jan 13, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
compadre amigo, welcome to ouir usa.
Church Slave

Federal Way, WA

#8 Jan 14, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
Senior Roger.
I was wondering if you have a perspective to share about news that the US military is predicting the collapse of Mexico. I know that Russians are predicting the collapse of the USA as well so anyone can predict anything.
Are the drug gangs and thugs really winning?
And would it not be helpful for Illegals to return home to Mexico to prop up their democracy?
Any thoughts and please, do not answer if you are not comfortable.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_1144...

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#9 Jan 14, 2009
Church Slave wrote:
<quoted text>
Senior Roger.
I was wondering if you have a perspective to share about news that the US military is predicting the collapse of Mexico. I know that Russians are predicting the collapse of the USA as well so anyone can predict anything.
Are the drug gangs and thugs really winning?
And would it not be helpful for Illegals to return home to Mexico to prop up their democracy?
Any thoughts and please, do not answer if you are not comfortable.
Do you have any links to that story?
There is a finite number of narcotrafacantas, or cartel members dealing drugs, although many heads of that snake have been cut off, there are those to take their place. Less power, less experience, less trafficking contacts will hinder their ability to function. This snake is in it's death throws, they are given too much credit, they do bleed like anyone else.
I don't however believe we should send millions to Mexico for their war, we should direct that money to our own border and port security. But, that's me.
Chuckup

Tacoma, WA

#10 Jan 14, 2009
[What shipyards?]

I read it was just one Russian who used to be a member of some top-secret Soviet intelligence organization that predicted an American collapse. Not to disparage the man, he did accurately predict some other economic event of late. Read all about it on the internet.

Drug gangs don't want to win anything - they just want to operate freely. But it not's working freely as alot of people are dying, so maybe it's suffering and being moderated.

The mayhem is outrageous, but we don't need an Armeggedonesque outrageous response - deliberate thought, a plan, goals, policy is what we need.

[Illegals are reportedly going home more and more.

- it's happening - that's what we want. So that's a positive.]

I think only a small portion of sturbucks employees are unionized in North America - not much union influence there.

Boeing will be hiring again when the economy turns and lots of people will be applying. It's a good company to work for.

I'm looking forward to moving out of this recession. The recovery, when it comes, will be great and alot of hard lessons are going to be learned. Let's get on with it.

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#11 Jan 14, 2009
Chuckup wrote:
[What shipyards?]
I read it was just one Russian who used to be a member of some top-secret Soviet intelligence organization that predicted an American collapse. Not to disparage the man, he did accurately predict some other economic event of late. Read all about it on the internet.
Drug gangs don't want to win anything - they just want to operate freely. But it not's working freely as alot of people are dying, so maybe it's suffering and being moderated.
The mayhem is outrageous, but we don't need an Armeggedonesque outrageous response - deliberate thought, a plan, goals, policy is what we need.
[Illegals are reportedly going home more and more.
- it's happening - that's what we want. So that's a positive.]
I think only a small portion of sturbucks employees are unionized in North America - not much union influence there.
Boeing will be hiring again when the economy turns and lots of people will be applying. It's a good company to work for.
I'm looking forward to moving out of this recession. The recovery, when it comes, will be great and alot of hard lessons are going to be learned. Let's get on with it.
Lake Union Dry dock, Foss, Marine Industries northwest, Duwamish Ship Yard, Todd.
You live in Seattle and a guy in Mexico tells you about shipyards?
Chuckup

Tacoma, WA

#12 Jan 16, 2009
Again, what shipyards?

The one's you list scrape alot of barnacles, but they don't build alot of anything.

Foss is a tug and barge company. Lake Union Dry dock, I've never heard of. Marine Industries northwest, I've never heard of. Not big enough to be heard from. Duwamish shipyard? My uncle used to be a welder at Lockheed, they locked out their workers in the '80's and dissolved - that Duwamish shipyard?

Todd builds ferries.

You leave out Martinac in Tacoma - they also build ferries and fishing vessels.

Tacoma Boat was a major player since after WWII, but went during the '80's. They were what you think of a shipyard. Lots of cranes and welding, noise and gigantic pieces of ships being put together, not simply scraped and re-painted.

Bremerton Naval Shipyard is still the biggest player on the Puget Sound. I knew a guy there that was a 'cutter'. He cut ships up. He quit and went to work for Boeing in Everett.

There are also naval bases, submarine bases, air stations, numerous Coast Guard stations. Is that what you mean by shipyard?

Also, both ports of Tacoma and Seattle are served by container ships: Maersk, Hyundai, APL, K-line, Horizon, Evergreen, MOL, Cosco, Tote, Hanjin, AGM(?), Yang Ming, and numerous consolidated carriers. I suppose those could be considered shipyards, but they're really container-handling facilities.

But yeah, if all of those activities mentioned above went away. The Puget Sound economy would be hurting.

[The ships are smaller and they are less full now. I saw a damn-near container less container ship this morning, they just are piled as high as they were last year.]

Hope you had a great day today in the great Nation of Mexico.

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#13 Jan 16, 2009
Chuckup wrote:
Again, what shipyards?
The one's you list scrape alot of barnacles, but they don't build alot of anything.
Foss is a tug and barge company. Lake Union Dry dock, I've never heard of. Marine Industries northwest, I've never heard of. Not big enough to be heard from. Duwamish shipyard? My uncle used to be a welder at Lockheed, they locked out their workers in the '80's and dissolved - that Duwamish shipyard?
Todd builds ferries.
You leave out Martinac in Tacoma - they also build ferries and fishing vessels.
Tacoma Boat was a major player since after WWII, but went during the '80's. They were what you think of a shipyard. Lots of cranes and welding, noise and gigantic pieces of ships being put together, not simply scraped and re-painted.
Bremerton Naval Shipyard is still the biggest player on the Puget Sound. I knew a guy there that was a 'cutter'. He cut ships up. He quit and went to work for Boeing in Everett.
There are also naval bases, submarine bases, air stations, numerous Coast Guard stations. Is that what you mean by shipyard?
Also, both ports of Tacoma and Seattle are served by container ships: Maersk, Hyundai, APL, K-line, Horizon, Evergreen, MOL, Cosco, Tote, Hanjin, AGM(?), Yang Ming, and numerous consolidated carriers. I suppose those could be considered shipyards, but they're really container-handling facilities.
But yeah, if all of those activities mentioned above went away. The Puget Sound economy would be hurting.
[The ships are smaller and they are less full now. I saw a damn-near container less container ship this morning, they just are piled as high as they were last year.]
Hope you had a great day today in the great Nation of Mexico.
Get a phone book or something. Look it up for Christ sake. I only listed the ones I worked at as a machinist for years.

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#14 Jan 16, 2009
http://www.toddpacific.com/company/
http://www.northlakeshipyard.com/
http://www.foss.com/services_shipyard.html
http://thecaptainsmate.com/fullpage.php...
http://www.marinetalk.com/articles-marine-com...
Bremerton Naval Shipyard Bremerton
Foss Launch & Tug Shipyard Seattle
Kaiser Shipyard Vancouver
Lake Union Drydock Seattle
Lake Washington Shipyard Seattle
Lockheed Shipyard Seattle
Puget Sound Bridge Yards Seattle
Tacoma Boat & Drydock Tacoma
TODD Shipyard Seattle
TODD-Tacoma Shipyard Tacoma
Marine Industries Northwest Tacoma
Here's some help.
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#15 Jan 17, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any links to that story?
There is a finite number of narcotrafacantas, or cartel members dealing drugs, although many heads of that snake have been cut off, there are those to take their place. Less power, less experience, less trafficking contacts will hinder their ability to function. This snake is in it's death throws, they are given too much credit, they do bleed like anyone else.
I don't however believe we should send millions to Mexico for their war, we should direct that money to our own border and port security. But, that's me.
Hi Roger, this is one of the stories I read. It is unsettling and sad that we are even considering the possibility.

It is my understanding that hundreds and perhaps thousands of police, military and judges have been murdered just this past year.

Also, to be fair we have The Russians dreaming of getting Alaska back and predicting the USA to collapse... Who knows what it is all about. Much of it can be propaganda to break our spirit and resolve to promote democracy around the world.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1230511007096...

The russians may wish one thing but that doesn't make it so... Still we are in for some hard times especially due to Global cooling which will be hurting crops worldwide.
Living today is almost like being on a rollercoaster.

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#16 Jan 17, 2009
Looking at the provided map, I would say, highly unlikely, but interesting. The history of the Soviet Union was much shorter then the history of the usa other then Hawaii and Alaska.
Wishful thinking on Russia's part.
Chuckup

Tacoma, WA

#17 Jan 18, 2009
I don't need to look it up. It's not that important.

The one you list are not the humming goliaths you think they are.

The money is in containers, and that's slowing down.

The safe money is in military - that's likely to stick around.

Have a great Mexico Monday!

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#18 Jan 18, 2009
Chuckup wrote:
I don't need to look it up. It's not that important.
The one you list are not the humming goliaths you think they are.
The money is in containers, and that's slowing down.
The safe money is in military - that's likely to stick around.
Have a great Mexico Monday!
Well, thank you. Every day in paradise is good.
As for your snide remarks about the Humming Goliath, I don't recall any mention of size, do you?
Must be hard for you to except being wrong, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former city councilman dies Sep 18 kevin kirkland 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Sep 14 anti obama 2 717
Street Life Sep 3 Joe 1
Review: United Towing A Sep 1 JFrank Parnell 1
Hey any girls wanna text me i need new texting ... (Nov '10) Aug 31 Bradley 77 48
Sexting buddies Aug 30 Snowman 3
women Aug '14 TRAVELER 1
•••

Renton News Video

•••
Renton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Renton Jobs

•••
•••