Microsoft hopes for a fresh start with Windows 7

Full story: The Washington Post

A small crowd begins to gather outside a Fry's Electronics store in Renton, Wash., before the doors opened at midnight, Wednesday, Oct.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 46 of46
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
watefer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

rasmasyean wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I like work for MSFT or something because I state referencable facts vs. bold claims by some of you who like to come into Windows threads to throw in your “Get a Mac”,“Convert to Linux”, played out rap? LOL Last-resort fall-short ammo for someone who has run out of reputable arguments…I’ve seen it so many times, I’m not a forum noob just you know? You should have just said “You Shill!” for short!
If you can come up with a new business model that gets rid of the IT “hindrance”, you’ll save thousands of companies the $millions and $billions they spend on this useless department. If you are that enlightened, why are you arguing on topix about which IT solution is better for whatever instead working on the next Non-Information Revolution of the 21st century?
Once again Jane, you ignorant slut, point out where I stated that Apple was better.
My experience with IT personnel is one of frustration getting them to quit blaming 'operator error' and learning how to interact with actual people.
Did I even suggest that one should purchase Apple products?
Get the kludge out of your brain and try and read what is written without inserting YOUR bias into it.
If you are an IT person this may suggest what is wrong with IT?
Perhaps it is not the products that are at fault but the morons such as yourself that are the problem?
Did I even slam windows?
Nope on all counts.
I did however slam YOU for being an idiot in search of a village. May I suggest Lower Slobovia? Or perhaps Kerplakistan?

Since: Aug 08

Chitown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

dukdodgers wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now, 64 bit is worthless unless you have 4gig or more in your system. There just aren't enough 64 bit apps and if I am not mistaken, flash doesn't run in a 64 bit browser yet.
Not true, 64 is not worthless with less than 4 gigs, although if you do have less than 4 gig of ram, you are not using 64 bit adressing of memory to its potential. Not sure what 64 bit browsers are out there, but i have IE, which I think is 64 bit, Firefox and chrome working fine. Last two are 32 bit. I will try 64 bit firefox and let you know how that works.

There are many apps out there that are 64 bits now, but all of the 32 bit apps work fine. I am not saying that hyou should run out and grab W7, far from it. Just saying that if you are planning to get a new pc, get W7 and get a 64 bit version.
rasmasyean

Middle Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Anikitos wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, 64 is not worthless with less than 4 gigs, although if you do have less than 4 gig of ram, you are not using 64 bit adressing of memory to its potential. Not sure what 64 bit browsers are out there, but i have IE, which I think is 64 bit, Firefox and chrome working fine. Last two are 32 bit. I will try 64 bit firefox and let you know how that works.
There are many apps out there that are 64 bits now, but all of the 32 bit apps work fine. I am not saying that hyou should run out and grab W7, far from it. Just saying that if you are planning to get a new pc, get W7 and get a 64 bit version.
64-bit renders like half the existing malware ineffective or something like that.
rasmasyean

Middle Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

watefer wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again Jane, you ignorant slut, point out where I stated that Apple was better.
My experience with IT personnel is one of frustration getting them to quit blaming 'operator error' and learning how to interact with actual people.
Did I even suggest that one should purchase Apple products?
Get the kludge out of your brain and try and read what is written without inserting YOUR bias into it.
If you are an IT person this may suggest what is wrong with IT?
Perhaps it is not the products that are at fault but the morons such as yourself that are the problem?
Did I even slam windows?
Nope on all counts.
I did however slam YOU for being an idiot in search of a village. May I suggest Lower Slobovia? Or perhaps Kerplakistan?
And since when did you own this forum and this thread is all about talking to you. You know a thread is about group discussion too you arrogant prick! Your resort to name calling and insults just shows one thing. Your frustration because your statements are squashed down to the illogical conclusions that they are. If you can't take arguing with an open forum where ppl might know something you don't and it gets you blood pressure boiling, then go read a magazine!

Maybe your refusal to accept "operator error" is one indication that you think the world should revolve arround yourself and that you are perfect! Ever think of that???
rasmasyean

Middle Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

dukdodgers wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now, 64 bit is worthless unless you have 4gig or more in your system. There just aren't enough 64 bit apps and if I am not mistaken, flash doesn't run in a 64 bit browser yet.
Here's a bunch of stuff I listed in a previous thread on 32 vs 64 bit.
http://www.topix.com/forum/tech/ms-windows/TA...
watefer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

rasmasyean wrote:
<quoted text>
And since when did you own this forum and this thread is all about talking to you. You know a thread is about group discussion too you arrogant prick! Your resort to name calling and insults just shows one thing. Your frustration because your statements are squashed down to the illogical conclusions that they are. If you can't take arguing with an open forum where ppl might know something you don't and it gets you blood pressure boiling, then go read a magazine!
Maybe your refusal to accept "operator error" is one indication that you think the world should revolve arround yourself and that you are perfect! Ever think of that???
I take it you don't remember the old Saturday Night Live sketch 'Weekend Update'?
Just another case in point of how ignorant you are.
Point out where I have EVER stated that (in your words) Macs are better.
YOU are the one who has resorted to hyperbole. I have simply pointed out that Apple is a complete system. YOU are the one who insists that market share (popularity) determines what is the best product.
Did I EVER state that one should buy apple product?

I suggest that you go back and read what I posted and try and come to grips with reality.
You simply spout off rhetoric, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Really, get a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 46 of46
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Renton Discussions

Search the Renton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Locksmith Near Me Jul 10 locksmithnearme 1
Hey any girls wanna text me i need new texting ... (Nov '10) Jul 5 Random 38
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jun 26 Elise Gingrich 708
looking for gay sex (Dec '12) Apr '14 Kyle 28
Two arrests made in Sound Transit Light Rail as... Apr '14 lara feeds the url 1
Review: Cedar River Medical Massage (Feb '09) Mar '14 Alex 6
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Mar '14 Musikologist 8
•••
•••

Renton News Video

•••
Renton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••