Russia Threatens to Halt US Adoptions

There are 3 comments on the Apr 9, 2010, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story titled Russia Threatens to Halt US Adoptions. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Russia threatened to suspend all child adoptions by U.S. families Friday after a 7-year-old boy adopted by a woman from Tennessee was sent alone on a one-way flight back to Moscow with a note saying he was violent and had severe psychological problems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

Since: Aug 09

Akron, OH

#1 Apr 13, 2010
When I first saw this story, I remembered the little girl adopted by a local couple. I don't remember what country she was born in. But her adoptive father is now in prison for breaking her back. The little girl is now in a wheelchair for life. She was part of the cast for "The Nutcracker" at the Civic Theater this past Christmas.

I don't know this woman who adopted this little boy, or her mother. But I do know that you can't treat children like they were garbage, and throw them away. I shudder to think what would have happened, if this child would have been her birth child. I think some where along the line, maybe during a home visit, or interview, some one missed a red flag, and dropped the ball. I hope, and pray this little boy will get into a loving home soon.
Sad

Elyria, OH

#2 Apr 13, 2010
How sad is this. A 7 year old child, 5 thousand miles away from his homeland, and he's not even wanted here either. This is pretty sad that no one wants this child and he's sent all over the world, looking for someone to take him in and give love unconditional. No wonder why he might have some emotional issues. How can people just throw this little boy away to a place where he was already thrown away there too. What's the matter with people nowadays. Are people that cold or is this just an isolated incident.

Since: Aug 09

Akron, OH

#3 Apr 13, 2010
Sad wrote:
How sad is this. A 7 year old child, 5 thousand miles away from his homeland, and he's not even wanted here either. This is pretty sad that no one wants this child and he's sent all over the world, looking for someone to take him in and give love unconditional. No wonder why he might have some emotional issues. How can people just throw this little boy away to a place where he was already thrown away there too. What's the matter with people nowadays. Are people that cold or is this just an isolated incident.
Unfortunately its not the first time I have heard of this sort of thing. What would have happened to the boy, if this woman was the birth parent? I pray that God, and the angels will stir this boy into the home of a loving family soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey any girls wanna text me i need new texting ... (Nov '10) 47 min bubbles 70
News Couple shocked to learn they were babysitting a... Apr 17 truong 1
SeaTac Garage Door Repair Feb '15 Jamestheduke21 2
looking for gay sex (Dec '12) Feb '15 theasianguy 40
Wendy Parker scammer Jan '15 your bartender 2
Good day Jan '15 Mr Williams 1
News Demolition continues on North Mercer campus Jan '15 Elise Gingerich 1
More from around the web

Renton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE