Woman killed at Renton recycling plant

Woman killed at Renton recycling plant

There are 2 comments on the KING5 Seattle News story from Apr 8, 2011, titled Woman killed at Renton recycling plant. In it, KING5 Seattle News reports that:

A woman was killed in an accident at a Renton recycling plant Thursday night. The Web site renton.patch.com said the 25-year-old woman was caught in a machine at the Smurfit Stone Recycling Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KING5 Seattle News.

United States

#1 Apr 11, 2011
I work for a doctors office in the same parking lot as this recycling plant, everyone is shocked & very sad to hear this news! I walk by the plant daily and can cleary see how none of the men wear hard hats or safety gear...she was too young to leave this world. My prayers & thoughts go out to her family! I think a huge investigation is in order, this is the plants fault! Where was her safety gear or backup? horrible...absolutly horrible...

Providence Forge, VA

#2 Apr 16, 2011
Production is foremost in Smurit Stones mind set.
Safety is always stressed but ignored as long as the job gets done

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Oct 6 zipperhead 16
News Charges: Con artists impersonated rich Africans... Sep '16 Jan 1
Sexting buddies (Aug '14) Aug '16 Ablead 7
Does Anyone Know Jonathan Reinhard (His Wife I... Jul '16 Richard 1
Text buddy 21 and older Jul '16 Jtb 2
Help Jun '16 Poohdiddy2318 1
News Crime 21 mins ago 6:06 p.m.Tukwila, Wash., name... May '16 James1908 1

Renton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance