Ferry County homicide victim IDed

Oct 29, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spokesman Review

The man slain in Ferry County last week was Jeremy Karavias, 19, of Kent, Wash. Corey Monaghan, 35, of Renton, Wash., faces charges of first-degree murder and first-degree arson in the Oct.

Comments
201 - 220 of 222 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2010
curlew joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

WHATEVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks to me as if you are the one who is rotten (your brain) you can't even spell. You have no clue. Go on and crawl back to your hole where you came from. Get a life......
why dont you kiss my a## cory is better of dead the sooner the better
WHATEVER

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

curlew joe wrote:
<quoted text>why dont you kiss my a## cory is better of dead the sooner the better
No thanks I know your kind and your pretty nasty. Also you can take your sooner the better and shove it... Not happening ! LOSER..
okokalready

Ephrata, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

jeessshh!!!
its me

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

curlew joe wrote:
<quoted text>why dont you kiss my a## cory is better of dead the sooner the better
Well, Well, who do we have here with this nasty potty mouth. It must be the spawn of Ron.....Filthy, nasty, "WT". Have nothing better to do than flap your trap. WT is a prerequisite of living in Malo. Since there is only one reason to live there, and money can sure be made by doing what you do and so many places to hide it. Your secrets are out. Better start watching those hiding places, the law is a comin to get you!!!!
no neither

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

I can not beleive all that I have read, I want just one of you people to stop and think for just one minute and ask your self do you really know what happen there... I think not! Unless you were there and I am thinking that not one of your trap flappin mouths were there. The only people who know for sure what took place are the ones who were there, CORY, RON, Jamery (May he rest in peace) I dont know any of you or the people involved in the case but what I do think is that something just isnt adding up here at all. From what I have learned just from digging around is that this Ron guy has burned his home down before trying to get insurance money or trying to hide the weed he was growning.... Just what I have heard, and why would you have a trail in such a small town, they heard (meaning the cops) that there was a mad man loose and that is all it took they never bother to look in other directions...(o lets say the home owner RON) I do believe that there was an accident that was very clear on the 911 tapes, that cory had shot someone you could tell from the 911 tape that he was very upset and distraunt. He admitted to shooting him. He has never said he didnt.. But he did say there had been an accident thats why they call them accidents. You people are so quick to hang someone. Maybe just maybe you might be hanging the wrong guy, I myself do believe that he did infact shot the kid but I dont believe anything after that, I do believe that Ron is guilty of alot of things that took place there oh let say his house being set on fire, Maybe Ron was doing something he wasnt suppose to be doing and started the fire and set the cops in the wrong direction by saying all the crap he did about Cory in hope to take the heat off himself, I smell a rat in all this and it is sad that all of us will never know the truth because I dont honestly think Ron is capable of telling the truth... His story has change some many times already so RON which story are you sticking to. I am sure there is alot of other people out there who want to know also... Why would he call a friend and ask his friend to tape this phone call if he didnt have something planned already and needed and allaby. You smell RON just like a big fat rat, You people need to wake up.....
and for Jermeys family my prays goes out to each and every one of you,
SURPRISED

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

no neither wrote:
I can not beleive all that I have read, I want just one of you people to stop and think for just one minute and ask your self do you really know what happen there... I think not! Unless you were there and I am thinking that not one of your trap flappin mouths were there. The only people who know for sure what took place are the ones who were there, CORY, RON, Jamery (May he rest in peace) I dont know any of you or the people involved in the case but what I do think is that something just isnt adding up here at all. From what I have learned just from digging around is that this Ron guy has burned his home down before trying to get insurance money or trying to hide the weed he was growning.... Just what I have heard, and why would you have a trail in such a small town, they heard (meaning the cops) that there was a mad man loose and that is all it took they never bother to look in other directions...(o lets say the home owner RON) I do believe that there was an accident that was very clear on the 911 tapes, that cory had shot someone you could tell from the 911 tape that he was very upset and distraunt. He admitted to shooting him. He has never said he didnt.. But he did say there had been an accident thats why they call them accidents. You people are so quick to hang someone. Maybe just maybe you might be hanging the wrong guy, I myself do believe that he did infact shot the kid but I dont believe anything after that, I do believe that Ron is guilty of alot of things that took place there oh let say his house being set on fire, Maybe Ron was doing something he wasnt suppose to be doing and started the fire and set the cops in the wrong direction by saying all the crap he did about Cory in hope to take the heat off himself, I smell a rat in all this and it is sad that all of us will never know the truth because I dont honestly think Ron is capable of telling the truth... His story has change some many times already so RON which story are you sticking to. I am sure there is alot of other people out there who want to know also... Why would he call a friend and ask his friend to tape this phone call if he didnt have something planned already and needed and allaby. You smell RON just like a big fat rat, You people need to wake up.....
and for Jermeys family my prays goes out to each and every one of you,
Yes you are right that theres only 3 people who know the truth. If in fact you really don't know any of these people you have hit the nail on the head. There is a rat and his name is RON. He has told some many stories to the detectives,TV, newspaper and court who knows the true story.He wouldn't if it hit him in the face. Thats what lying all your life does. Yes it is true that RON had other house fires and was trying to collect on them before. Always trying to get things for free by scamming them and being a mouch (Ron). If the detectives done their jobs right and not just beleived Ron we would know alot more instead he steered the detectives in a different direction to take the attention off himself. Yes accidents do happen unless someone make up a wild story.. It does smell like a RAT (RON). Everyone is fast to judge and get their minds made up way before they even know facts and always beleive the 1st story because it must be right, well it is way from being truthful. Maybe the wrong person is being charged
for the wrong things and why because of a liar. The truth will hopefully get out soon. His friends aren't going to be loyal to him forever, then look who will be praying to god and he won't help. Not after everything that has ben done. Glad to see others are seeing Ron for what he is and that theres alot more to the whole thing. Our thoughts and prayers go to Jeremys family as well as corys for what they are going threw.
FINALLY-Seeking the Truth

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

SURPRISED wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are right that theres only 3 people who know the truth. If in fact you really don't know any of these people you have hit the nail on the head. There is a rat and his name is RON. He has told some many stories to the detectives,TV, newspaper and court who knows the true story.He wouldn't if it hit him in the face. Thats what lying all your life does. Yes it is true that RON had other house fires and was trying to collect on them before. Always trying to get things for free by scamming them and being a mouch (Ron). If the detectives done their jobs right and not just beleived Ron we would know alot more instead he steered the detectives in a different direction to take the attention off himself. Yes accidents do happen unless someone make up a wild story.. It does smell like a RAT (RON). Everyone is fast to judge and get their minds made up way before they even know facts and always beleive the 1st story because it must be right, well it is way from being truthful. Maybe the wrong person is being charged
for the wrong things and why because of a liar. The truth will hopefully get out soon. His friends aren't going to be loyal to him forever, then look who will be praying to god and he won't help. Not after everything that has ben done. Glad to see others are seeing Ron for what he is and that theres alot more to the whole thing. Our thoughts and prayers go to Jeremys family as well as corys for what they are going threw.
FINALLY, FINALLY,FINALLY!!!!!!Now people are seeing what the law refused to see. The truth about Ron and what really happened on that awful day. Yes, Cory admitted to the shooting. From that point on there was no hope for the truth, because the liar (RON), did all the talking. Boy did he make up the stories. And wasted no time. But what he did do was tell a different version everytime he was questioned. It is sure nice to be able to get a new home by burning it down, isnt it Ron. What about the other homes? What were you trying to hide that day Ron? What ya hiding out there in your woods?
SURPRISED

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2010

FINALLY-Seeking the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
FINALLY, FINALLY,FINALLY!!!!!!Now people are seeing what the law refused to see. The truth about Ron and what really happened on that awful day. Yes, Cory admitted to the shooting. From that point on there was no hope for the truth, because the liar (RON), did all the talking. Boy did he make up the stories. And wasted no time. But what he did do was tell a different version everytime he was questioned. It is sure nice to be able to get a new home by burning it down, isnt it Ron. What about the other homes? What were you trying to hide that day Ron? What ya hiding out there in your woods?

Glad to see others have had questions about this also, all along. It was a one sided story and no one questioned the fact it was lies. The authorities really made a mess out of everything, from the start. The whole thing should of been handled completely different. There was to many local hands in the middle of the small town drama. Everyone looking for their 10 minutes of fame, and not the truth. Yes it has been agrued that Ron was trying to hide something that day and still is. I hope the real truth comes out soon, for everyone involved.
Fire Corys lawyer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

If all the above is in fact true, Cory needs to fire his lawyer as none of these "facts" came out in the trial. If there was indeed more circumstances to this crime Corys attorney should have brought this up as a part of his defense. Guess he should think about getting new council for his appeal and maybe going public with his side of the story.
For all of you that have posted previously, slander is an ugly thing, and when you do it via message board the website has your computer information, it is all trackable...so I would be careful about what I said so a lawyer somewhere doesn't supeana the records from the website and sue you for slander on behalf of the person or persons you are talking about.
Good luck to you all!
Jeremys Family

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

You people have no idea what you are talking about. There was no accident. I sat through this trail with the rest of my family and NOT ONCE did this guy ever deny the fact that he shot and butchered Jeremy with his hunting knife. The only defence he tried to claim was insanity, and when he was put on the stand and questioned he refused to answer any of the DAs questions and just talked about his daughter.

On the day of his sentencing after we had said our peace he was given the opportunity to address the court. he stood up, turned around and told us HE KNEW HOW WE FELT. as if.

I dont know anything about this Ron guy, the only time I ever talked to him was at the trial. But the issue here never should have been about the house being burnt down. Cory recieved only 34 years which is a pathetic number even when one is just concerning the offence of first degree murder. This man never denied his heinous deed and just tried to use the excuse that he was mentally incompetent at the time of the killing.. obviously. what mentally SANE person would kill a 19 year old boy for no reason.. as if that should even be an excuse for the crime that he committed. 34 yrs..? lets be real, this guy got off easy. he SHOULD be in there for the rest of his life.
curlew joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

why dont u all leave ron the pothead and grower alone so he can keep growing his weed in the woods he needs the money
Local

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

curlew joe wrote:
why dont u all leave ron the pothead and grower alone so he can keep growing his weed in the woods he needs the money
Well isn't that why he burned his dream home down to hide his illegal operations and to collect the money and then blamed it on some one else. That way the so called authorities of that wonderful place that you guys call paradise wouldn't be looking at him any more so he could continue doing what he shouldn't be. It seems to be a pattern with good old Ron 1, 2, 3 fires. How many more? People do talk about the past and the present. The true will come out completely.
the lies

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

Well said Local. Burning the evidence of that fateful morning, is the perfect way to hide the truth about what really happened. Cory would never ever kill someone on purpose. When he called 911 he said" there has been a terrible accident". An accident is not planned. That is why it is called an accident. Ron did not want Cory to live either. Cory had sustained injuries and was left in the burning house with the assumption that he would die in the fire. What did Ron want to hide, that Cory knew about? Hmmm. But Ron, Cory did not die....so you had to scramble to come up with a story. With all of the illegal "trophy" mounts up on your hill, you did not want the investigators there any more than needed, did you Ron. What makes you and your spawn think that shooting game all year round for the trophy is acceptable? Well, no more secrets. And what if the investigators found your "cave". Invite them in to get high with you? Sell to them like you do the other town folks? There are no more secrets. The truth is and will continue to come out. Seems you got away with an awful lot. But, oh wait, that's because of the lies you told..
curlew joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

he does sell some good dope
King Co

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Where is Ron living now and what is he doing?
DUH

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

King Co wrote:
Where is Ron living now and what is he doing?
He has crawled back under the same rock he came from. Can't you read the above on what he's doing, being a bum and taking advantage of others. Worthless.
King Co

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

I was being serious. Sarcasium a side, where does he live? Does he work? I'm from a small hick town and I know that if the locals really wanted him gone he would be gone.....so the weed must be very good.
JOKE

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

King Co wrote:
I was being serious. Sarcasium a side, where does he live? Does he work? I'm from a small hick town and I know that if the locals really wanted him gone he would be gone.....so the weed must be very good.
Well you can't live in to small of a town you have internet. Are you joking he doesn't work hasn't for a long time to lazy not disabled. And its only a matter of time before the town he lives in runs him out just like the last 2 towns he lived in.Can you say loosers = wessels.
King Co

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

losers = wessels
huh

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

wait for the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Renton Discussions

Search the Renton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jul 22 EasyEed 710
Hey any girls wanna text me i need new texting ... (Nov '10) Jul 18 Anthony 40
Locksmith Near Me Jul 10 locksmithnearme 1
looking for gay sex (Dec '12) Apr '14 Kyle 28
Two arrests made in Sound Transit Light Rail as... Apr '14 lara feeds the url 1
Review: Cedar River Medical Massage (Feb '09) Mar '14 Alex 6
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Mar '14 Musikologist 8
•••
•••

Renton News Video

•••
•••

Renton Jobs