Ferry County homicide victim IDed

Oct 29, 2008 Full story: Spokesman Review 222

The man slain in Ferry County last week was Jeremy Karavias, 19, of Kent, Wash. Corey Monaghan, 35, of Renton, Wash., faces charges of first-degree murder and first-degree arson in the Oct.

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Someone who loves Jeremy

West Palm Beach, FL

#1 Oct 30, 2008
Jeremy Jay Karavias
Jeremy Jay KARAVIAS December 7, 1988 ~ October 22, 2008 Jeremy had the biggest kindest heart anyone could imagine, if you asked him to help you he would be there until the job was done. He loved working with his hands, on the farm in the dirt. Jeremy was infatuated with anything that had a motor, especially trucks. He graduated from Kentlake High School in 2007 and lived in the Enumclaw area. Jeremy was preceded in death by his mother Gayle and by his father Dennis. He leaves behind his sister Rachel, brother Jordan, Grandmothers Francine Karavias, Margaret Littlefield and many many Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and friends who will miss his beautiful smile. A Memorial Service to honor Jeremy's life will be held Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. at the Northwest Family Church, 3535 Auburn Way, Auburn, WA.
family and friends

Maple Valley, WA

#2 Oct 30, 2008
Jeremy we miss you already and we will take care of monaghan... Corey... your a dead man!!!!
freind

Seward, AK

#3 Oct 31, 2008
I have knowen both families for over 30 years. this sounds like it was a accident and a cover up. there is more to this story that the media is lead to believes or is miss informed.This was a terrible accident. Donty pass judgement till u hear all the fact.the storie sound to pre rehearsed
Confused

Seattle, WA

#4 Oct 31, 2008
The family will continue to suffer with each trial, appeal and news broadcast. Accidental shooting covered up with breaking someone's neck and gutting them? not hardly; then setting your aunt and uncle's home ablaze? No accident with the cover-up. My heartfelt condolences to the Karavias family and those who were hurt in the Curlew area.
Wuff

Okanogan, WA

#5 Oct 31, 2008
They (sheriff) should have taken him out in the woods and dispatched him so that this kids family would not have to endure the pain of looking at this sorry SOB for the next few years. God bless you son.
Renton Man

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Oct 31, 2008
A shooting in a mobile home is not accidental. Then to snap someones neck, again not accidental. Setting the home on fire to cover the evidence you left behind... shows that Cory was well aware of what he did.
I don't care if you've known anyone for 30yrs or not, by you saying it is an accident shows you are not showing impartial judgement. Cory is a monster, and they shouldn't even waste time with a trial. Take him out back and snap his neck.
Missing Jeremy

Seattle, WA

#7 Oct 31, 2008
He so loved spending time with his family, working on trucks and enjoying the outdoors. He loved to work and share stories with everyone. We all know his generous and trusting nature likely got him into a situation with the subhuman who slayed him. I miss Jeremy's positive attitude and his innocent trust (and his golf game). Thank you Karavias' and Littlefields'; I so enjoyed hearing Jeremy's stories of the weekend gatherings/meals... it reminded me of my big family gatherings when I was his age. Barry
Friend

Tacoma, WA

#8 Oct 31, 2008
Ive known Jeremy since the day he was born. He had the biggest heart anyone could have. Even as a child he loved to help people. Our family will miss him greatly and he will never be forgotten. Margret,Francine and all his great family you are in our prayers.
Friend

Seattle, WA

#9 Oct 31, 2008
I knew Jeremy for only 1 year while he attended Kentlake High School. In that short time, I came to know him as one of the most personable, caring, and thoughtful kids I have known. I am horrified at the news of his passing and cannot understand how someone could do this to another human being, especially someone like Jeremy. The only solace I find is that he is with his parents now. My thoughts go out to his family and I wish you all peace in this difficult time.
KL teacher

Maple Valley, WA

#10 Oct 31, 2008
I got the pleasure of being Jeremy's teacher at KLHS; I will always cherish the many conversations and talks that I shared with Jeremy. Jeremy spoke to me about his belief in God; one of the few students that I've discussed Christ with. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Jeremy's family; I pray that God will bring peace to a difficult and unjustifiable situation.
Lunchbox

Enumclaw, WA

#11 Nov 1, 2008
I've known Jeremy for a little over a year. He was a good man, always happy with that big smile, very eager to learn and a good listener. He will be missed deeply. R.I.P. JJK
Friends of Jeremy

Maple Valley, WA

#12 Nov 2, 2008
Jeremy we know you are with your Mom,Dad. You will be missed everyday. We Love you Jeremy and we will make sure this Monster pays the ulitmate price and that Justice will prevail for you.You have many friends that will make sure that is certain. We all know that you were a very trusting young man and always lite up a room with that smile! We will NEVER forget you Jeremy.
Kathie

Walla Walla, WA

#13 Nov 2, 2008
To Debbie Littlefield and families I am so sorry to read of this horrible death of your nephew. I will keep you and the family in my prayers.
Robin passed the news on to me.
Kathie in WW
ur friend

Seattle, WA

#14 Nov 3, 2008
you have no right to juge , you waz not thier. from what i heard cory was a good husband and father,and a good hard worker. also was kind hearted.
seattle

Issaquah, WA

#15 Nov 3, 2008
ur friend wrote:
you have no right to juge , you waz not thier. from what i heard cory was a good husband and father,and a good hard worker. also was kind hearted.
Learn to spell.
Friend of Jeremy

Puyallup, WA

#16 Nov 3, 2008
There is NO excuse for what happened. If Cory gets out it won't make much difference. These things always take care of themselves.
Missy12

Lakewood, WA

#17 Nov 4, 2008
We miss you Jeremy! This was hardly an accident... Did you hear the 911 tapes? An innocent "monster" does not shoot someone, break their neck to finish off the job, set the house on fire, try to flee the scene of the crime, attempt escape at the hospital, AND NOW... bail has been raised to 1.5 million because of the attempted or planned attempt escape at jail!!!These are not the actions of an innocent man. These are only the acts of a monster... which no one can comprehend. Jeremy was one of the most kind individuals you would ever meet. His heart and smile were both larger than life. This is truly unfair that his life was taken and in such a vicious manner! The town of Enumclaw is missing you Jeremy, but you will never be forgotten. We pray that justice will prevail. We will not let anyone forget. God bless, we know you are in heaven with your mom and dad right now.
Missy12

Lakewood, WA

#18 Nov 4, 2008
ur friend wrote:
I think WAS is the operative word in your sentence. At one time he may have been those things... but not any longer!
Family Member

Sammamish, WA

#19 Nov 4, 2008
I think that Monaghan's wife and kids are lucky to have this happen. Now they can be safe in their own home. Jeremy was the kindest, most loving human being who loved life. For everything that has happened to him in his short 19 years, he always managed to have a heartwarming smile in his face. Jeremy, I love you and will always remember the times we had together.
People are ignorant and it is not fair. The facts do not lie, the 911 call does not lie, and I know in my heart that justice will be served.
Jeremy, enjoy your time with your mom and dad, I know that you are together now.
Love

“How could this happen?”

Since: Oct 08

Seattle, WA

#20 Nov 4, 2008
I have known Cory Monaghan my entire life. Few words can describe him other than... unpredictable, sometimes mean spirited, confused, and w/o a doubt not loved enough! He did @ times show signs of a caring person but it never seemed to last. His family life growing up was a bloody mess. His father is a good man and I feel for him, However his mother is a completely different story and those who know her know that she probably had something to do with Cory monaghans mental health. I hope the creator goes easy on you Cory, deep down you have good inside, be honest with everyone including yourself, seek forgiveness and in time it will come. Apologize to your family as well as the friends and family of the Karavias' and Littlefields' you owe them that much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renton Garage Door Repair 23 hr EdwardHuntingfield 1
Mercer Island Garage Door Repair Wed ChesterRNess 1
local info Oct 27 info 1
Hey any girls wanna text me i need new texting ... (Nov '10) Oct 23 shehasyoureyes 54
Alberta Septic Systems Offers Senior Discounts ... Oct 22 Gerald Vonberger 1
SeaTac Locksmith Oct 22 JohnBCoomer 1
looking for gay sex (Dec '12) Oct 16 mikeyjohnston702 29

Renton News Video

Renton Dating
Find my Match

Renton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Renton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Renton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]