Forgery charge in Rensselaer legislat...

Forgery charge in Rensselaer legislative race

There are 5 comments on the WNYT Albany story from Sep 13, 2009, titled Forgery charge in Rensselaer legislative race. In it, WNYT Albany reports that:

The opponent for a legislative seat in Rensselaer County is crying foul over mailers sent out to drum up support for the incumbent republican Mike Stammel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYT Albany.

Pittsfield, MA

#1 Sep 13, 2009
Just typical dishonest GOP politics. Nothing new here.
Rensselaer voter

Albany, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2009
Its about time people start to see the REAL Mike Stammel!
Rensselaer Voter Also

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Sep 14, 2009
This is classic Mooney at his best, for starters I was at the Flavor Cafe on 4th street in Troy with Mr. Greene when he was assisting Mike Russo for Senate and personally heard Mr. Greene tell Mike Stammel that "you have my full support with whatever you need, I'll run the Democrats for Mike Stammel campaign". Well now Mr. Greene wants the Democratic Chairman seat for Rensselaer county next year and when Mooney and his campaign manager behind the scenes put pressure on Mr. Greene he folded. Mike Stammel absolutely had Steve Greene's permission to send the fliers and Mr. Chuck Hall who was also standing there when this conversation happened heard the same that I did. Hopefully the body that elects Steve Greene Union President is all Democrats because if there are any Republicans that see the tatics Mr. Greene allowed the Mooney campaign to press on him they may not vote him in again. This is just classic Rensselaer Politics which the Mooney family is used to in fact his son whom is on the fire department was hired illegally by the current board of public safety because the civil service announcement stated under hiring qualifications "MUST be an EMT PRIOR to appointment" which his son was NOT in fact the city paid for him and paid him while he was at the fire academy getting his EMT and paid overtime to cover his shifts. This is easy to findout also just foil his hire date and the date his EMT card was issued and this will show how BAD Rensselaer Politics naming the mayor, city clerk, and other memebers of the board of public safety do things around here. Really Rensselaer Politics as a WHOLE should be changed!!!!!

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2009
Political hi-jinks. We need fewer politicians.
mark thomas

Cobleskill, NY

#5 Nov 28, 2009
you go mike stammel!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rensselaer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) Sat Trumps Army 491
News Schenectady lawmaker under investigation after ... Fri Schenectady loves 6
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Bypass 21,485
News Police: 20,000 Unstamped Cigarettes Found In Me... Fri Sad 1
Active Shooter Drill At High School Fri Paul Revere 1
cuomo and his millionaire friends Fri Reality 3
New York State Consitution has been Altered...A... Fri Reality 4

Rensselaer Jobs

Personal Finance

Rensselaer Mortgages