Snow coats area highways

Snow coats area highways

There are 11 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jan 3, 2010, titled Snow coats area highways. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A light but persistent snowfall fell on Berkshire County throughout Sinday, with more snow to come as the week unfolds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

wertytuyuiop

AOL

#1 Jan 4, 2010
and..........the side streets in pittsfield will snow filled until the spring thaw.thanks collingwood u are doing a hell of a job!at least wachonah park is clear........
sympathy

Schenectady, NY

#2 Jan 4, 2010
Get 4 wheel drive and deal with it. Good grief.
side streets

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Jan 4, 2010
Sympathy - One should not have to buy a 4 wheel vehicle to get up and down the street they live on. So far the Allengate section of town as had the worst plowing jobs with all the snow storms this year. It is a joke.
drunkagain

East Otis, MA

#4 Jan 4, 2010
its great for the snowmobiler,s, all you jiggers, grab the sticks, and go ice fishing.
Senior

Adams, MA

#5 Jan 4, 2010
side streets wrote:
Sympathy - One should not have to buy a 4 wheel vehicle to get up and down the street they live on. So far the Allengate section of town as had the worst plowing jobs with all the snow storms this year. It is a joke.
I agree, I live in Allengate area, thursday evening a large city plow did our street 4 times( not sure were all the snow was) since then we saw one truck doing a minimal job.Are they afraid to get stuck when it actually snows? This AM i did notice robertos street was like spring time. Oh yea he had to get sworn in.Screw the working class.

“Stop and think please....”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Jan 4, 2010
Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I live in Allengate area, thursday evening a large city plow did our street 4 times( not sure were all the snow was) since then we saw one truck doing a minimal job.Are they afraid to get stuck when it actually snows? This AM i did notice robertos street was like spring time. Oh yea he had to get sworn in.Screw the working class.
If you live in the Allengate area, then why does your profile say "Lee, MA"? Instead of complaining, take some action! Did you call the DPW to complain? Yeah, you'll probably get an answering machine...so leave a message. And be polite. I'm sure Mr. Collingwood would like to know where the problem spots are. I use to work for a power company and you know what? When people lost power, they assumed we knew about it or that their neighbor called it in. Sometimes an area would be without power for hours before we knew about because no one bothered to pick up the phone. So call. Also, many plowers are private contractors. If they are not doing their job, Mr. Collingwood should know. I bet he would note it and talk to them.

So next time it snows nd your street is not plowed or poorly plowed, please call. Let me know what happens! Happy New Year! And...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Dan

Rochester, NY

#7 Jan 4, 2010
It's called winter. It snows then.. Been doing it for 40 years thatI'm aware of.. So, slow down when driving... Bundle up when outside and see you in 4 months.
Senior

Adams, MA

#8 Jan 5, 2010
ImAnEngineer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you live in the Allengate area, then why does your profile say "Lee, MA"? Instead of complaining, take some action! Did you call the DPW to complain? Yeah, you'll probably get an answering machine...so leave a message. And be polite. I'm sure Mr. Collingwood would like to know where the problem spots are. I use to work for a power company and you know what? When people lost power, they assumed we knew about it or that their neighbor called it in. Sometimes an area would be without power for hours before we knew about because no one bothered to pick up the phone. So call. Also, many plowers are private contractors. If they are not doing their job, Mr. Collingwood should know. I bet he would note it and talk to them.
So next time it snows nd your street is not plowed or poorly plowed, please call. Let me know what happens! Happy New Year! And...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Ok, moron, I am in pittsfield , sorry for the error, I call and call, Collingwoody is a overpaid lacky, things do not change in Pittsfield very quickly. if you know all the answers why not drive around Pfield, you better have a 4 wheel drive.

“Stop and think please....”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Jan 6, 2010
Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, moron, I am in pittsfield , sorry for the error, I call and call, Collingwoody is a overpaid lacky, things do not change in Pittsfield very quickly. if you know all the answers why not drive around Pfield, you better have a 4 wheel drive.
Typical response from someone who can't hold an intelligent conversation. I'm going to guess that you are a liberal. Be honest....are you?
sympathy

Schenectady, NY

#10 Jan 13, 2010
side streets wrote:
Sympathy - One should not have to buy a 4 wheel vehicle to get up and down the street they live on. So far the Allengate section of town as had the worst plowing jobs with all the snow storms this year. It is a joke.
I live right in that neighborhood. What have you been smoking?
Snow sucks

Edison, NJ

#11 Jan 13, 2010
Well it does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rensselaer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No longer on a pedestal: New York debates Chris... 10 hr three blocks 13
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 16 hr ConsiderThis 293
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr Fitius T Bluster 21,382
News ICE Makes 46 Arrests Thu Nick 1
News Racist lawyer: TV made me do it Jan 17 William 3
News Albany fire injuries woman, destroys home Jan 15 Katetall 1
News Lawmaker charged with pocketing Hurricane Sandy... Jan 10 blacksare poop 2

Rensselaer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rensselaer Mortgages