Rensselaer teacher arrested

An art teacher at Rensselaer Central Middle School gets suspended after being arrest. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sally bar

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Sep 29, 2008
it's dumb
Joe

Rensselaer, IN

#22 Sep 29, 2008
Mr. Zimmer was everyones favorite art teacher.
Sam

United States

#23 Sep 29, 2008
Omega wrote:
1. He is too young to be a teacher. No one should even be allowed to teach, to include at the university level, until age 40. By then they have a history and we know their character. Plus by age 40 they actually have enough life experience to pass on to students.
2. At 26, he is barely older than most of the girls in the school. Too close in ages.
I wouldn't go in to teaching after making a livable income for 18 years... what an insult to those of us who are professional young teachers.
jrt

Crown Point, IN

#24 Oct 18, 2008
EricS wrote:
Drunk Driving, and posession of marijuana, regardless of wether it was 3ounces, 30ounces, 130ounces or 130pounds. He needs to be fired and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No plea bargains, no "suspension with pay". This is someone who is supposed to be a roll model for children. And people wonder why I am a strong advocate of returning to hangins on the courthouse lawn.
What he does when he is not on the job is his business. now if he was smoking pot in the classroom for sure lol hang him high. Im glad that you are such a perfect person that you can judge people like that. I'm sure that you never did anything wrong but when you do we will hang you right next to him. lol
collegeguy

Kentland, IN

#25 Oct 26, 2008
I'd like to know why WLFI even reports news for Rensselaer. We don't even receive the station in Rensselaer, we're in a complete different time zone/area code etc. and pretty far from Lafayette. I'm tired of that lame station reporting. It tries to report for my hometown, south of Lafayette, and here in Rensselaer WLFI has always been a horrible station
City Girl

Warsaw, IN

#26 Oct 27, 2008
This is crazy.

I'm glad that he wasn't a real important teacher.

I don'think that he should be paid for being suspended.

Just another slap on the hand.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#27 Nov 4, 2008
Rensselaer Mom wrote:
His dad is the principal of Rensselaer Central High School. Hummmmm......
his dad used to be a big pothead back in his younger days to. he has a tattoo of a pot leaf on his chin and now has to keep a full beard to cover it up.
im with mark

Clayton, MI

#28 Dec 20, 2008
there could have been a much worse drug involved this drug is grown naturally even the indians smoked it around the camp fire u should try it u might loosen up a little at least its not crackand also he wasnt smoking it at school in front of the students what u do at home on your own time is your own business.
im with mark

Clayton, MI

#29 Dec 20, 2008
and mr. zimmer is awsome he is a very nice man i think its kinda cool he has balls. are u perfect?
brandy

West Lafayette, IN

#30 Dec 20, 2008
C'mon, it was just weed. I'm sure most of you drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. Only because your government legalized those drugs( they make a pretty penny might I add) you think they're ok? I bet if pot was legal there would be less people on antidepressants and antianxiety medication. Give the guy a break. Personally, as long as he wasn't in school, it's his business. Chill out, it was only weed.
wow

Indianapolis, IN

#31 Dec 22, 2008
forget the facts another Teacher with egg on his face, blame the parents I don,t think so!look what some of these teachers do sex offenders,abusive teachers everywhere should be checked. they don,t care!
EricS

Indianapolis, IN

#32 Dec 22, 2008
brandy wrote:
C'mon, it was just weed. I'm sure most of you drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. Only because your government legalized those drugs( they make a pretty penny might I add) you think they're ok? I bet if pot was legal there would be less people on antidepressants and antianxiety medication. Give the guy a break. Personally, as long as he wasn't in school, it's his business. Chill out, it was only weed.
The point is that even weed is illegal. What's next on your agenda? I can hear it now: "It was just a little crack" "He was only doing heroin at home" "That girl was only 5 years under age"

My point is this: What he did was illegal, period. And for that he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. And the same goes for anyone doing anything like that.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#33 Jan 3, 2009
luvthenews wrote:
I am glad to hear that this didn't get swept under the rug like many Rensselaer hush hush things magically do.
Clean up Rensselaer!
they really do need to clean it up around here.
indy

Bellevue, WA

#34 Apr 11, 2011
he was always a trouble maker and he was also a bully in school....why would u hire him to begin with....get real people...glad to be out of that town...
citizen

Clayton, MI

#35 Apr 12, 2011
He's teaching again--it's not who you know--it's who daddy blows

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rensselaer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Oct '14 freetek 32
female with initals C.B. gave birth to twins Oct '14 needing informati... 1
monica bailey Gilbert (Jan '09) Mar '14 damn 84
Info on John wulitich urgent (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big daddy 1
area churches (May '13) May '13 seeking guidance 1
Gas bill!! (Apr '13) Apr '13 all4america 1
Rensselaer police investigating vandalism (Nov '12) Dec '12 Art Science 3
Rensselaer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web