Rensselaer teacher arrested

An art teacher at Rensselaer Central Middle School gets suspended after being arrest. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Journalistic Integrity

Clayton, MI

#1 Sep 23, 2008
130 grams of Marijuana and only 1,000 dollar bond? Nice WLFI, get your facts straight, unless quality control is not a focus of yours...surely not the case?
john

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2008
They should lock him for a good long time.
Someone

Mishawaka, IN

#3 Sep 23, 2008
I thought it was 30 grams? You might check on what you write before you post it publicly.
a mother

United States

#4 Sep 23, 2008
What ever it was he broke the law!
EricS

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Sep 24, 2008
Drunk Driving, and posession of marijuana, regardless of wether it was 3ounces, 30ounces, 130ounces or 130pounds. He needs to be fired and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No plea bargains, no "suspension with pay". This is someone who is supposed to be a roll model for children. And people wonder why I am a strong advocate of returning to hangins on the courthouse lawn.
Jim D

Downers Grove, IL

#6 Sep 24, 2008
well, at least he wasn't molesting the kids.
joan

Green Bay, WI

#7 Sep 24, 2008
hmmmm...and he is teaching children...maybe the school system should screen their teachers a little better....i can only imagine that he was high while he was in school or might have even been selling to the kids....he needs to have the book thrown at him....shame on him!
DHuston

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Sep 24, 2008
EricS wrote:
Drunk Driving, and posession of marijuana, regardless of wether it was 3ounces, 30ounces, 130ounces or 130pounds. He needs to be fired and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No plea bargains, no "suspension with pay". This is someone who is supposed to be a roll model for children. And people wonder why I am a strong advocate of returning to hangins on the courthouse lawn.
And here we have William Ayers who bombed and killed people in the US of A and yet we allow Ayers to teach our College Students in Chicago. And what gets better is that we are considering Obama with at least 10 years of ties to Ayers, to possibly become President of the United States. We are a fickeled bunch.
Chase

Clayton, MI

#9 Sep 24, 2008
Hello Channel 18. He was arrested for less than 30 grams of marijuana, not 130 grams. It was a misdemeanor not a felony. Check your facts.
Rensselaer Mom

New Berlin, WI

#10 Sep 24, 2008
His dad is the principal of Rensselaer Central High School. Hummmmm......
dissapointed

West Lafayette, IN

#11 Sep 24, 2008
it's sad that our children have no true role modles anymore!
dissapointed

West Lafayette, IN

#12 Sep 24, 2008
amen to that
DHuston wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we have William Ayers who bombed and killed people in the US of A and yet we allow Ayers to teach our College Students in Chicago. And what gets better is that we are considering Obama with at least 10 years of ties to Ayers, to possibly become President of the United States. We are a fickeled bunch.
Outrageous Comment

Lagrange, IN

#13 Sep 24, 2008
To disappointed, who said, "it's sad that our children have no true role modles anymore!" (I don't know what a 'modles' is, but I assume you meant 'models'.) Parents should be the first role models for their children. Parents have the greatest stake in the success of their offspring and the greatest opportunity to make a difference. Assuming the rest of society should take up that task is abdicating the number one responsibility of parenthood. If parents are not willing to lead lives that are exemplary for their children, they should reconsider their readiness to be parents. Other role models outside the family circle should be all subject to parental scrutiny and be a topic of discussion between parent and child. Parents should advise their children that while you may admire certain qualities of an individual, you do not need to accept all aspects of that individual's life. Children need to gain that type of wisdom from their parents. It is the proverbial passing of the torch from one generation to the next. Do not bemoan a lack of role models, become proactive and be a role model yourself!
Omega

Pryor, OK

#14 Sep 25, 2008
1. He is too young to be a teacher. No one should even be allowed to teach, to include at the university level, until age 40. By then they have a history and we know their character. Plus by age 40 they actually have enough life experience to pass on to students.

2. At 26, he is barely older than most of the girls in the school. Too close in ages.
luvthenews

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Sep 26, 2008
I am glad to hear that this didn't get swept under the rug like many Rensselaer hush hush things magically do.

Clean up Rensselaer!
Teacher

Lafayette, IN

#16 Sep 26, 2008
Omega wrote:
1. He is too young to be a teacher. No one should even be allowed to teach, to include at the university level, until age 40. By then they have a history and we know their character. Plus by age 40 they actually have enough life experience to pass on to students.
2. At 26, he is barely older than most of the girls in the school. Too close in ages.
Really that is a bit much. No one under the age of 40 should be a teacher, well I would like to know how you are going to staff the school.

And WLFI retracted their information on the news last night. They do have integrety even when they make an innocent mistake. The point is this teacher, who is a role model by choice or not, was doing illegal drugs. Shame on him-grow up you aren't in college anymore!
Mark Mason

Milford, IN

#17 Sep 26, 2008
I think that it made it nice to have a teacher that is dealing . Atleast the kids had a person they could trust to buy from and not a stranger
Someone Who Cares

Plymouth, IN

#18 Sep 26, 2008
Mark Mason wrote:
I think that it made it nice to have a teacher that is dealing . Atleast the kids had a person they could trust to buy from and not a stranger
Are you crazy or what? You shouldn't want your kids buying drugs at all!! Drugs kill people and you are saying at least they have someone they can trust to buy from. I know I wouldn't want my kids in a school system where a teacher does drugs!!
Mark Mason

Milford, IN

#19 Sep 26, 2008
Someone Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you crazy or what? You shouldn't want your kids buying drugs at all!! Drugs kill people and you are saying at least they have someone they can trust to buy from. I know I wouldn't want my kids in a school system where a teacher does drugs!!
Yes i am
tllakes mom

Monticello, IN

#20 Sep 27, 2008
I think that the superintendents need to look at this as an eye opener. I don't know about the rest of the schools in the surrounding area but twin lakes don't drug test their teachers or coaches. They just test any kid who is in extracurricular activities. Maybe this will be a big eye opener. Probably not though. Our superintendent by the way he runs things seems to be on drugs himself. Good luck to all of you parents out there. I try to be a good role model for my kids, but come on who do they really look up to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rensselaer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three arrested on armed robbery charges (Mar '08) Mar 3 lol secret 14
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Oct '14 freetek 32
female with initals C.B. gave birth to twins Oct '14 needing informati... 1
monica bailey Gilbert (Jan '09) Mar '14 damn 84
Info on John wulitich urgent (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big daddy 1
area churches (May '13) May '13 seeking guidance 1
Gas bill!! (Apr '13) Apr '13 all4america 1
Rensselaer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rensselaer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]