Frozen Pipes

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Looking for a good plumber/handyman that can provide good work without sending me to the poorhouse. Any recommendations?
nope

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Avoid plumbers who's last name starts with p from red bud. Try waterloo. No matter what, get written estimates, and ask what kind of pipe they will use and how much they charge a foot. It shouldn't be higher than retail. I used a guy from red bud that literally charged me double and almost triple retail on materials on top of the standard hourly.
Plumber Boy

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Mark Luttman
Not a reference

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

nope wrote:
Avoid plumbers who's last name starts with p from red bud. Try waterloo. No matter what, get written estimates, and ask what kind of pipe they will use and how much they charge a foot. It shouldn't be higher than retail. I used a guy from red bud that literally charged me double and almost triple retail on materials on top of the standard hourly.
Assuming you're talking of Poletti Plumbing, I wouldn't recommend him either. He might be a nice guy, but he's very expensive and has no sense of urgency to get the work done.
do not

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Frozen Pipes wrote:
Looking for a good plumber/handyman that can provide good work without sending me to the poorhouse. Any recommendations?
Then don't call Mohr plumbing!
Flappy

Red Bud, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Frozen Pipes wrote:
i know EJ Roscow owns a plumbing business in Belleville, he lives in red bud with many red bud employees give him a call
nope

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

Roscow or luttman either one, but if you can get a luttman to do your plumbing they're the very best. Most people can't get them.
ABC

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

Why don't you guys cry more, you no good conceded pieces of crap that have to take other people down.
ABC

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

nope wrote:
Don't do work for people that were raised to judge other people. Kevin is a very good plumber and has to deal with people that need mental help.
ABC

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

Not a reference wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you're talking of Poletti Plumbing, I wouldn't recommend him either. He might be a nice guy, but he's very expensive and has no sense of urgency to get the work done.
Grow up and stop talking about others unless you want them to talk about you.
thank you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

For bringing this to the top of the list, it may have been missed otherwise.
agree

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

ABC wrote:
<quoted text> Grow up and stop talking about others unless you want them to talk about you.
Very true!
Expert Reviewer

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Are any of the plumbers mentioned on "Angie's List"? Somehow I doubt it.
ABC

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Expert Reviewer wrote:
Are any of the plumbers mentioned on "Angie's List"? Somehow I doubt it.
Why does it matter who is on Angies list it is just a lady that thinks see knows things like the people that post inmature things on this site. And who makes you a expert!
Because

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

ABC wrote:
<quoted text> Why does it matter who is on Angies list it is just a lady that thinks see knows things like the people that post inmature things on this site. And who makes you a expert!
Angie's List is a business that logs reviews and sells that knowledge to customers needing work done. If you are an excellent contractor, that should be to your benefit. Would that be a concern for you? If so, you need to figure out why.
Craigslist

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Because wrote:
<quoted text>
Angie's List is a business that logs reviews and sells that knowledge to customers needing work done. If you are an excellent contractor, that should be to your benefit. Would that be a concern for you? If so, you need to figure out why.
I like Craigslist better than Angie's List.
True Crime

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Craigslist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, with Craigslist you'll get a plumber that shows up and kills you........but the price is right!
Craigslist

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

True Crime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, with Craigslist you'll get a plumber that shows up and kills you........but the price is right!
LOL!!!
Fingers do the walking

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Craigslist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is still such a thing as the Yellow Pages. From there you can go online and check the BBB. If there are no complaints against them, they're probably doing decent work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Renault Discussions

Search the Renault Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr RONE 49,231
Red Bud Elementary School 4 hr Irate 1
Crazy high utilities for such a cool summer 4 hr Craziness 3
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 7 hr Buzz 146
High School Sports, DUI's & alcohol 9 hr Reply here 7
eggs on cars 22 hr owner car 1
City Superintendent Mon Wow 38
•••
•••
•••
•••

Renault Jobs

•••