Comments
61 - 80 of 96 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2013
Becky Morrow

Waterloo, IL

#61 Sep 9, 2012
sheba sue wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally think mr flowers is a jackass!! Yes I used the term jackass because that is what he called his student last week! Last time I checked you don't say stuff like that to your students!
Students may be called worse in college. Jackass simply sounds harsh. The definition means stupid or foolish person. If he called this student stupid would you still be on topix complaining? The other definition of course is a male donkey, but I believer Mr. Flowers was going for stupid or foolish. It just sounds so dramatic when we say "you jackass".
I had Mr. Flowers quite some time ago. I graduated in 1991. He was tough, but he inspired me to try harder in math. I for some crazy reason decided to take finite math and trigonometry together my senior year. I never felt like I needed to study for math or complete my homework assignments on a regular basis for some reason and it prevented me from reaching my potential. Needless to say, I studied in Mr. Flower's classes and did well. I went on to get my Bachelor's degree from SIUE in Accounting and graduated with honors. I later earned my MBA. Anheuser Busch hired me as an accountant right out of college. My spring board to success was indeed Mr. Flowers. I've always wanted to go back and thank him. I didn't know how he would perceive it, so I never did. He is a very good teacher, so please don't say that he isn't.
Haha

Waterloo, IL

#62 Sep 12, 2012
Concerned taxpayer wrote:
yes sporty you are right if i post my name my children will suffer the consequences. if news flash had any balls they would print there name. it must be the teacher or asst. principal i am talking about. my children have enough to deal with all the clicks and two faced kids in that worthless school. why do they allow a child to go to red bud when they live in new athens oh i know why they have the right name. BULLCRAP is that even legal?
Right name? ha! Don't think so. Just ask around.
Good Question

Waterloo, IL

#63 Sep 12, 2012
Concerned taxpayer wrote:
yes sporty you are right if i post my name my children will suffer the consequences. if news flash had any balls they would print there name. it must be the teacher or asst. principal i am talking about. my children have enough to deal with all the clicks and two faced kids in that worthless school. why do they allow a child to go to red bud when they live in new athens oh i know why they have the right name. BULLCRAP is that even legal?
If they live in New Athens why is their kid going to a Red Bud school?
Concerned taxpayer

Waterloo, IL

#64 Sep 15, 2012
because they think they are untouchable. someone should turn them in i think they use there grandpa's address he lives in red bud. if you want to go to red bud move to red bud. one family bought a second home in red bud so there child can go to red bud.
CONCERNED

Waterloo, IL

#65 Oct 9, 2012
THE GOOD OLE BOYS HAVE A HARD TIME RUNNUNG THE TOWN SO YOU KNOW THEY ARE FAILING TRYING TO RUN THE SCHOOL.
Smithton, IL

#66 Oct 9, 2012
different people on the school board vs. the city council.

different mayors have come and gone.

how do we "know" they are "failing"?

how is Red Bud failing?

enlighten please
omg

Waterloo, IL

#67 Nov 18, 2012
what was the scores of the tests that the students talk every year.they have not passed the last couple of years. each year its just another excuse that the principals give. i'm sorry but i was raised to get results not give excuses!
Wonder

Columbia, IL

#68 Nov 19, 2012
omg wrote:
what was the scores of the tests that the students talk every year.they have not passed the last couple of years. each year its just another excuse that the principals give. i'm sorry but i was raised to get results not give excuses!
No different than the cover up of the kids on the football and volleyball teams that got drinking tickets during the season this year.
Jizzy

Waterloo, IL

#69 Nov 19, 2012
Wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
No different than the cover up of the kids on the football and volleyball teams that got drinking tickets during the season this year.
Amen, they don't like hearing and facing the truth do they.
Girl

Columbia, IL

#70 Nov 20, 2012
Jizzy wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, they don't like hearing and facing the truth do they.
They sure don't, but arms were wide open receiving all the awards and a crown. I couldn't sleep at night if that were my child.
nope

Columbia, IL

#71 Nov 21, 2012
No football players got any drinking tickets this year!! I am like a hawk with the paper to check and none of them were in the paper at all this year. No the volleyball team I have no idea.
Jizzy

Waterloo, IL

#72 Nov 21, 2012
nope wrote:
No football players got any drinking tickets this year!! I am like a hawk with the paper to check and none of them were in the paper at all this year. No the volleyball team I have no idea.
It is against the law to publish a minor/juvenile offender of the age 17 and if it is just a misdemeanor the age is under 18. So their names would have not been in the newspaper. Also, if they had court appearances it would of been closed court, no one from the public allowed in courtroom.
Question

Overland Park, KS

#73 Nov 21, 2012
Who were the kids??? All I hear is about this huge bust... If this is true, its not illegal to post their names... Grow a set, and put some names out there.
nope

Waterloo, IL

#74 Nov 21, 2012
Jizzy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is against the law to publish a minor/juvenile offender of the age 17 and if it is just a misdemeanor the age is under 18. So their names would have not been in the newspaper. Also, if they had court appearances it would of been closed court, no one from the public allowed in courtroom.
Well then how is the school or coaches responsible for this then? If the kids parents don't do the right thing and turn their son or daughter in. The school can't just go out and accuse every athlete of drinking it would put them in a liable situation. I guess the people you should be upset with are the parents who don't teach their children right from wrong!! Correct?
Agree

Columbia, IL

#75 Nov 22, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then how is the school or coaches responsible for this then? If the kids parents don't do the right thing and turn their son or daughter in. The school can't just go out and accuse every athlete of drinking it would put them in a liable situation. I guess the people you should be upset with are the parents who don't teach their children right from wrong!! Correct?
If an athlete got a drinking ticket during the season, it should be the kid and the parents responsibility to report it to the administration and their coaches. If the coaches and administration are told about it and do nothing, then the school board should be contacted. It's hard to understand how some parents can raise their children to be so deceptive. These types of things will eventually come back to haunt you. Maybe not in this school year, but in your college years and there after.
election

Waterloo, IL

#76 Jan 16, 2013
is anybody going too want to get a new face on the board this year?
attendence

Waterloo, IL

#77 Feb 3, 2013
if anybody is interested they need to go to www.redbud132.org and check the attendence of some of the present members. if you run for school board and get elected then you should do what is asked of you and show up for all the meetings and not leave during executive session. some very important issues are discussed and for what ever reason they dont show up are they leave early. example 4/26 2011 concession stand when they discussed that there was some members not present i ask why do they not want to be involved in all the issues are just the ones that make them look good. i will post some dates so it is easier for people who do care about the students and the future of are school.8/09 2011,11/15 2011,6/16 2011,6/30 2011,5/3 2011,4/26 2011,4/21 2011,3/31 2011,11/9 2010. dates members left during executive session 9/17 2009,8/10 2010,8/25 2011 this is just some of the dates so check them out and see who the no shows are and who leaves early. one other date that i want to share is 4/19 2012 not for attendence but what they discussed BOARD MEMBER CONDUCT POLICY are our members not adults who should be professional and not act like i dont know maybe little babies.
When

Waterloo, IL

#78 Feb 27, 2013
election wrote:
is anybody going too want to get a new face on the board this year?
When is the election for new board members? I want to make sure and vote for Chris Henry.
election day

Waterloo, IL

#79 Mar 2, 2013
april 9th and stenzel MUST GO he averages about 2.5 meetings a year he misses.
suspensions

Columbia, IL

#80 Mar 2, 2013
let me ask you a question if there was a student that grabbed a girls hand and put it on his privates and it possible got caught on camera why would you not expel that student for the rest of the school year not just a week? obviously ther was something on the camera that got the boy expelled. then when he returned to school, still be in the same classes as the girl he did it to. i think that the girl is probably very uncomfortable sitting in the same class room as that boy. i know kids are young and make mistakes but if they dont get the right discipline from the ADULTS what kind of message is that sending to the boy. just like the athletes that got busted drink the school board did NOTHING!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renault Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Duane Mills 49,476
High School Sports, DUI's & alcohol 12 hr Student 20
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 13 hr newpoly 1,903
Jeff & Mandy Herring owe you $$? Thu Enough is enough 1
The Chatterbox In Marissa Aug 27 FOE REAL 1
Red Bud Elementary School Aug 26 Stupidity 26
Debate: Ferguson - Red Bud, IL Aug 25 Mr Q 7
•••
•••
•••

Renault Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000