"It was Like Sending Off a Blessing S...

"It was Like Sending Off a Blessing Somewhere"

There are 9 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from May 22, 2008, titled "It was Like Sending Off a Blessing Somewhere". In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

It's a miracle that started this tradition at West Lee Elementary, getting balloons ready to be sent into the sky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

lhs

Lexington, SC

#1 May 23, 2008
wow! what a remarkable story! miracles are all around us!
Dave

Lincolnton, NC

#2 May 23, 2008
I wonder what happened to the balloon I let go back in elementary school...

dave, www.thehistorybluff.com
truckersbrat104

Guy, AR

#3 May 23, 2008
This is a great story and now I got tears. This too hits close to home, a few weeks ago, my dad in law died of cancer, my 11 year old was upset cause she didn't get to kiss him goodbye. So she had a balloon she had got from church, went out to her grandpa's grave, kissed that balloon and let it go. On the way home, it started to rain, she started to cry, saying that grandpa was crying tears of joy cause he got his kiss.
Ellen Delias

Angier, NC

#4 May 23, 2008
This really hit home with me. I am a friend of Ms. Johnson's sister who is also my daughter's 4th grade teacher. In 2005 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was PTA president that same year. Later that same year two officers serving with me were diagnosed with breast cancer. My Grandmother was diagnosed the same year with colon cancer and I lost an uncle in 2005 with pancreatic cancer. My 23 year old daughter recently had a colonoscopy which revealed a polyp that would have been cancer within 2 years. She had this procedure years before the projected recommendation. During my illness it was strongly urged that I have genetic studies but the insurance company refused to cover this. Insurance companies urge clients to take preventative measures for better health but refuse to support their own recommendations. Now I have a 23 year old who will be undergoing colonoscopies for the rest of her life and a 10 year old that has an uncertain future regarding this. Seems that genetic studies would be beneficial in preventative care.
Ellen Delias

Angier, NC

#5 May 23, 2008
I am from Red Springs, NC not Garner
Sunshine

Clarkesville, GA

#6 May 25, 2008
This is a wonderful, heartwarming story!! Sort of renews my faith in human kindness!
buzzard

Lexington, SC

#7 May 26, 2008
Sunshine wrote:
This is a wonderful, heartwarming story!! Sort of renews my faith in human kindness!
What a wonderful idea ... so many of our schools are not teaching one of life's biggest lessons , empathy!
LIL MAMA

Mayesville, SC

#8 May 30, 2008
thank god for caring people at west lee school. we love you all.

“confused is my middle name”

Since: Mar 07

Columbia

#9 May 30, 2008
Wow.... This is beautiful..

Why can't we as grown people do something like this for someone and put aside our differences instead of arguring.(i hope i spelled that right)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rembert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dent teachers having sex Thu HERBERT D 2
News Will smart-looking glasses do the trick for Ric... (Jun '15) Jun 27 VorenusI 3
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jun 27 Mrs Laney Riley 55
traffic Jun 26 Toomuchtraffic 1
News What Is It With SC Sheriffs? (Jul '12) Jun 23 Anonymous 4
News Accident Slows Traffic on Garners Ferry Road (Mar '08) Jun 22 Tammy 22
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Jun 17 Alonzo 1,400

Rembert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rembert Mortgages