Couple Claims Innocence of Animal Abuse Charges

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

A couple charged with animal cruelty say they are being unfairly targeted by state and local authorities after numerous animals were seized from their property on Monday.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2010
Honorable

Reidsville, NC

#1 Oct 12, 2010
These two are not even providing a proper environment for themselves, much less animals. They need mental help.
4brenwood2

Clemmons, NC

#2 Oct 12, 2010
Excuses excuses! If tooooooo many...why have taken them in...if can't afford them, and you sure can't rely on others/donations...so put that blame on Pancake Hollow all you want, always blame others. You're disgusting people...you should never be allowed to have animals ever again, not even a turtle or goldfish...blame others, oh yeah, go ahead...not their fault you couldn't bury the dead, and put pitbulls with horses and cows...dumb, so dumb and disgusting!
You should loose that home/farm upon receiving all the bills for the problems you brought on yourselves!
Diasamax

Yadkinville, NC

#3 Oct 12, 2010
The couple "may" have had good intentions, but anytime dogs are attacking a horse, a goat and eating the bodies of other dogs.......they are clearly not being cared for. Dogs when abandoned or ignored for long periods of time go back into the primal mentality in order to survive. Stories like this break my heart, because no creature on this planet deserves that. Just the thought of that kind of mistreatment makes my stomach turn.
gina morton

Louisburg, NC

#4 Oct 12, 2010
This is a very unfortunate incident I would like to say this. Rockingham county has a animal shelter that is very small for the size of the county. It is a unfriendly place to try to adopt a dog. it is so small that when it gets over crowded alot of dogs and cats akilled. they didnt even get a chance to be adopted. The Adkins people i dont know them they probably thought they were keeping dogs from being killed like saving them. they sound like they have a hoarding problem. its sad that we in the south have such a over population of unwanted dogs and cats. there are good rescues that take dogs up north to be adopted because they dont have the overpopulation that we do. As for the Rockingham county animal shelter i would hope that your news station do a interview on them and just see what it would take to adopt a dog from there . The shelter needs some light shed on it .when you take a animal there you can just about bet on it will be put to sleep.
hounds

Albemarle, NC

#5 Oct 13, 2010
I think that this rescue in new york should also be investigated. If they were there a month and thought conditions were good...that doesnt say much for them. I think Bev Perdue should go back and make Suzie's Law effective the day she signed the law. It's just been to many abuse cases in recent months. These people need help if they think they are giving the right care to 93 animals. There's no way, wake up and smell the coffee. Your abusing these poor creatures!!!!!
Lincoln Bill

High Point, NC

#6 Oct 13, 2010
To many dogs in the world anyway. People get over it.
Must be slow news day.
Suzie-Quzie

Thomasville, NC

#8 Oct 13, 2010
Lincoln Bill: Regarding your comment, its TOO, not to. Must have been a slow day in your English composition classes at the one room schoolhouse.
angelina

Rock Hill, SC

#9 Oct 25, 2010
alot of people just dont care about animals they will sit back in their own homes while their very own dog sits in the backyard CHAINED and starves to death, We've rescued so many and it just gets worse every time......but the bible tells us that God gave man dominion over the animals and when the good Lord returns, the covenant that God has with the animals will be lifted and then what...hmmmmmmmmmmmm....no more will man treat animals this way cause they will dominate...men will not be able to keep dogs as a pet any longer.....not to say I am not looking forward to it, but I cant wait til this animal cruelty finally stops........ but it always comes back on you!!!!!!!! and to the dogs that get rescued and placed with wonderful people they are lucky and to the ones that dont, there is not a thing we can do about it cause the guilty only get a slap on the hand in the country!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reidsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 hr Franklin 58,804
Califonia nurse now NC stole drugs for years li... 6 hr Note 27
NC officials seek comment on fracking rules Aug 20 Twisted 2
Willard B. Holcomb Aug 20 Concerned 3 8
New Sheriff for Rockingham County~ YES or No???? Aug 9 kind spirit 5
NC sheriff gets close look at US border crisis Jul '14 WHATEVER 1
Review: Matkins Meat Processors (Apr '13) Jul '14 heather 5
•••
•••
Reidsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••