Paducah, KY

#1 May 13, 2012
does anyone know about the new grocery?
usa freedom fighter

Paducah, KY

#2 May 13, 2012
alice wrote:
I have sampled alot of their new stuff I like it was impressed they got a apple wood chip for grilling and instant light charcoal best choice brand
Dude

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 May 14, 2012
The ad in the paper says they are opening up as a Cash savers . Cost plus 10 precent. Jackson street only.

“It's been verified ”

Since: Feb 12

Coming to a town near you

#4 May 14, 2012
Dude wrote:
The ad in the paper says they are opening up as a Cash savers . Cost plus 10 precent. Jackson street only.
It will probably be something like this.

Cost + overhead + tax + 10%

Of course the overhead will already be factored in to the "cost" price. This is just another marketing gimmick.

“It's been verified ”

Since: Feb 12

Coming to a town near you

#5 May 14, 2012
_vajayjaysmasher_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It will probably be something like this.
Of course the overhead will already be factored in to the "cost" price. This is just another marketing gimmick.
And before someone starts flaming, I do realize that there is no tax on food items, but there is tax on soda, bottled water, detergent, etc. So tax does come into play here.
mr paducah

Paducah, KY

#6 May 14, 2012
that neighborhood is going to hell. they are targeting the elmwood court mentality.
just saying

Paducah, KY

#7 May 14, 2012
the checkers are smart asses
ohoh

Paducah, KY

#8 May 14, 2012
Its not just Jackson street. Lone oak is changing as well
?

Paducah, KY

#9 May 15, 2012
So is it actually changing names?
fly on the wall

Livermore, KY

#10 May 15, 2012
The are changing names and the generic products are very good
ex-customer

Paducah, KY

#11 May 15, 2012
When I first read this thread this morning, my thought was that I have always been treated well at SuperValue, both locations. Now I'm not so sure. I was in there today and this checker overcharged me for an item. I told her the correct price, as stated on the tag in front of the item. She just ignored what I said and made no effort to confirm the price I had told her. It was only a 10 cent difference, so I didn't want to press the issue and waste a lot of time doing that, but I will remember and won't go out of my way to stop there in the future. I also noticed they have stopped carrying the Smart Ones breakfast items I used to go there for, so not much point in going if I can't find an item that I use almost every day. Store with a new name sure isn't starting out on the right footing.
cashier4life

Evansville, IN

#12 May 24, 2012
Since I stopped working at SuperValu on Jackson, I've heard that things have started changing and getting really bad! I heard they've hired cashiers that don't know how to do their jobs correct, bag boys have stopped being of help and all the genuine cashiers that actually made the store a lovely place, have also left. It sucks to hear that the place I once called my job , has spiralled downhill! It's so unfortunate! I hope HB gets it together eventually!
red

United States

#13 May 24, 2012
The new CashSavers on Jackson Stree is supposed to open Friday morning. They have been closed since Monday while they were changing over. The ad insert in the paper on Monday said only the Jackson street store was changing names.
concerned

Paducah, KY

#15 May 25, 2012
What ever they are doing I just hope that they do the original owners who are now deceased some justice in their name! The One Particular Woman is a very ungrateful witch who treated her mother awfuly!!! I hope the grandson can get it together if he is the one running things! Good Luck!
store

Paducah, KY

#16 May 25, 2012
Some of the things in there are a good deal. But they have the shelves FILLED with all the other stuff they sold with the SAME price tags as the Super Valu had. Only some is a discount.
good

Paducah, KY

#17 May 26, 2012
I am GLAD to hear the shelves are filled with the same stuff SuperValue sold. Although I know for fact they are no longer carrying certain items at either store, which frustrates me, because I only go their for items I can't find elsewhere.
Gimmick

Tuscaloosa, AL

#18 May 27, 2012
Some really good deals for sure are in there but buy the time you pay the 10% it's all the same in the end
Yeppers

Paducah, KY

#19 May 27, 2012
I wasn't sure at first but when I went in I was impressed with the set up, great choice of produce, canned goods and meat. Even still shopping I was skeptical, you really have to watch, there are some things that are the same price elsewhere but when I got to check out I had a buggy full and only spent a total $110.00 which usually at Kroger I spend $150-$160 a week and I barely buy any meat which I bought a lot of this time so if it saves me almost $200 a month and I get more, it's worth it and food is just as good if not better!
Here

La Fayette, KY

#20 May 28, 2012
alice wrote:
It's great
hmmm

Hopkinsville, KY

#21 May 28, 2012
_vajayjaysmasher_ wrote:
<quoted text>It will probably be something like this.

food isn't taxed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reidland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am looking 3 min Maybe me 6
The WEDDING reception at show mes! 14 min smedley 24
what to do about a drone 45 min Fred 18
hooking up 1 hr Yes 2
need a body shop 1 hr Carcrazy 21
Christoper Perry 1 hr tlo 2
Shelia Annie Shumpert (Jan '13) 1 hr peter long prong 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Reidland Mortgages