Rehoboth Beach: Transgendered men cause stir by going topless

Jun 3, 2010 Full story: Daily Times 7

Rehoboth Beach and the local Internet have been buzzing for days after a few transgendered men caused a stir on the beach over the holiday weekend by removing their tops and revealing their enhanced breasts.

Full Story

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#1 Jun 3, 2010
I have thought about the issue of transwomen going topless before.
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.
The law cant have it both ways…
The law now allows men to go topless and women cannot.
If they pass law that transwomen cannot go topless, then they will be applying the law in a way that recognizes transwomen as women, regardless of SRS status.

There are some natal women who have basically no breast development during puberty
There are also men who have gynecomastia and develop breasts.

To pass a law about breast exposure based on breast size, would allow flat chested women to go topless, that would conflict with the law on the books now stating women cannot go topless. And that men with gynecomastia cannot go topless, which conflicts with the law that men can go topless.
Using breast size, at what point do you determine that a transwoman can no longer go topless? What about the small petite very feminine transwoman who has not yet developed breasts? So do they say some trans women can go topless while others cannot?

Why are there laws that men can go topless and women cannot? In many cultures throughout history women were topless and it had no sexual meaning to it. So this law has to do with the way our society views women in general.

No matter how much one tries to separate a transwomen from a natal born woman, if a law is passed that transwomen cannot go topless, then the law has to acknowledge a relationship between transwomen and natal women.

Once that legal relationship is made, then what about bathroom laws, does that mean that transwomen with breasts cannot enter the men’s bathroom?
What about the transwomen who was on HRT and reached the point where she could no longer hide her breasts and is ready to transition on the job, living as female. Her boss fires her.
We open up a whole new set of legalities. They are going to have to be very careful in how they handle this issue.

If they simply pass a law that transwomen cannot go topless, then at what point, and why cant they?
For those who would try to separate the connection between transwomen and natal women, they would have to simply say it is disgusting,, but why? Because in our society REAL MEN might see a transwomans breasts as a sexual object and excite them? We are still making the connection to natal women and trans women.

If we are truly equal and all people deserving of equal rights as human beings, then what is the reason for the separation between men and women and who can go topless and who cant? Isn’t that truly a forum of discrimination?

Again keeping mind that other cultures went virtually nude and people did not see each other simply as sex objects, they did not have mass orgies, but rather strict marriage laws ad rules that applied to the family.
In our society, what is the difference in a woman having to cover her face in a Muslim country, or her breasts here in this country? Isn’t it the same reasoning that brought the law about? Women cannot go topless because it would tempt men who are not able to control their sexual thoughts?
Does this mean that men looking at transwomen’s breasts will have the same sexual thoughts?
This gets very complicated!!

“Peace”

Earth

#2 Jun 3, 2010
a little trans history
-
At Hirschfield's infamous clinic, the first sex change operations were performed by Dr Felix Abraham: a mastectomy on a trans man in 1926, a penectomy on his domestic servant Dora in 1930, and a vaginoplasty on Lili Elbe, a Danish painter, in 1931.

Michael (formerly Laura) Dillon managed to obtain gender reassignment treatment during the war. In the late 1940s he even had a penis constructed by the plastic surgeon Sir Harold Gilles, who later became famous for his work with burns victims. Michael Dillon trained and worked as a ship's doctor until he was outed by the Sunday Express in 1958. He withdrew to India where he became a Buddhist monk and writer until his death in 1962.

One of the first public trials for transvestite behaviour was that of Ernest (Stella) Boulton, and Fred (Fanny) Park, arrested in 1870 for indecent behaviour. The authorities based the prosecution on their transvestism and their soliciting of men as women, rather than the act of sodomy. No conviction could be obtained on these grounds and they were acquitted of the charge of conspiracy to commit a felony by cross-dressing. One of the largest organisations for transvestite men in the US today is the Boulton and Park Society.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/j...

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 3, 2010
The reason they were so quick to fall back to their male gender is because their transgender and NOT Transsexual. They do not have a the female brain gender like a True Transsexual women who thinks and sees the world as any other genetic women does..... This is just another example of men living out their fetishes by living as women. Emphasis on the word “AS”They even tell the lifeguard that they are male when he asked them to put their tops back on....More antics by the Transgender Hoard and they wonder why no one will take them seriously give them equal rights...well here's exhibit (A) That's the reason the ones who are or once were TS want nothing to do with those who fly that Transgender flag.

“Peace”

Earth

#4 Jun 3, 2010
Brandi P wrote:
The reason they were so quick to fall back to their male gender is because their transgender and NOT Transsexual. They do not have a the female brain gender like a True Transsexual women who thinks and sees the world as any other genetic women does..... This is just another example of men living out their fetishes by living as women. Emphasis on the word “AS”They even tell the lifeguard that they are male when he asked them to put their tops back on....More antics by the Transgender Hoard and they wonder why no one will take them seriously give them equal rights...well here's exhibit (A) That's the reason the ones who are or once were TS want nothing to do with those who fly that Transgender flag.
And you got all that information about these trans folks from the article?
You say:
“The reason they were so quick to fall back to their male gender is because their transgender and NOT Transsexual.”

Where does it say that in this article?
It does say:
"The lifeguard responded and saw that they were males."

Did you ever think this could be a political statement the women were making?

And as transsexual,,, what the hell would you expect them to do in the situation where the sheriff comes up and going to arrest them if they were natal women… You know yourself that the sheriff ask for ID… You know the police computer will show if a person is transsexual… And if they claimed their womanhood without including that they are transsexual,,, it would have come out in a strip search at the jail…

Since: Jun 10

Howell, MI

#5 Jun 4, 2010
Hey brandi, time for a fight sweetie,
you sound just like one of the pathetic little tranny maggots that would throw one of your sisters into the fire to save your own ass. You really think your an activist for your own cause, but when real trouble comes, you run away, don't you?
let me give you a clue, the reason you have followed the so-called 'soc', and have a legitimate 'diagnosis' is because you are so goddamned desperate, you'll beleive anything anyone tells you.
And, in a nod to those of us who fight alone, if YOU didn't have people whispering affirmations in your ear all day, you would blow your head off because you don't know who you are.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 4, 2010
Rev Annie wrote:
you sound just like one of the pathetic little tranny maggots that would throw one of your sisters into the fire to save your own ass. You really think your an activist for your own cause, but when real trouble comes, you run away, don't you?
let me give you a clue, the reason you have followed the so-called 'soc', and have a legitimate 'diagnosis' is because you are so goddamned desperate, you'll beleive anything anyone tells you.
And, in a nod to those of us who fight alone, if YOU didn't have people whispering affirmations in your ear all day, you would blow your head off because you don't know who you are.
WOW ! You really should consider removing the REV from your Title if you going to use that nasty language...GEEZ ! you kiss your momma with that mouth ? As to your other absurd ramblings. First NO ONE who flies the Transgender Flag is any sister to me lets get that straight from the get go ! Second The reason I followed the SOC is because I'm a sane and rational person who truly had my well being in mind and because I'm not some perverse nut trying to fulfill some sexual fetish, who just wants what they want regardless of if they have a female brain gender or not. As for your last absurdity I don't have or need people whispering affirmations or anything else in my ear all day. I do get hit on and flirted with quite a bit, but I doubt however that the lack of the later would cause me to blow my head off. I think I pretty well know who I am after all the years of counseling and if I'm ever in doubt all I need do is look at my birth certificate it has both my name Brandi Marie Parker on it and my sex: female. You sounds so pathetic and jealous it's sad. Your so full of self loathing it almost oozes from the screen. I pity you.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#7 Jun 4, 2010
Rev Annie wrote:
Bravo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rehoboth Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewes Music Thread (May '12) 5 hr Musikologist 18
Rehoboth Beach Rental for a week (dog friendly!) Sep 8 ajbalutis 1
Scooter & bicycle accident Near K Mart Rehoboth... Aug 22 easternshoreldy 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lewes, DE (Aug '10) Aug '14 L. Mauro 17
Leo Albert Majors Jr., Orioles, Ravens fan Aug '14 Pat and Chuck Dorn 1
Cops: Hungry Burglar Cooked Crabcakes Aug '14 Ex Senator Stillborn 3
Review: Beach Bound Auto Sales (Oct '08) Aug '14 Johnny 21
•••
•••
•••