Motorcyclist Flees Police, Dies In De...

Motorcyclist Flees Police, Dies In Del. Crash

There are 120 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Sep 2, 2008, titled Motorcyclist Flees Police, Dies In Del. Crash. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Delaware State Police said Pennsylvania man was killed in a motorcycle accident while fleeing Dewey Beach police officers who were trying to stop him for speeding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
John

Milton, DE

#110 Sep 5, 2008
Warrens funeral was today, he was put to rest ,All you rude peoples comments need to stop. Again if any one of you new Warren you would not be so cold and hartless,and if you were at his funeral today I bet not one of you would go up to his family and say the nasty crap you are saying. Warren I still can't believe your gone.RIP
Jesi

Connellsville, PA

#111 Sep 6, 2008
I am the sister of the man that got killed on the bike on Sept. 1. I am absolutely appalled by some of the ignorant comments on this message board! My family and I buried my brother yesterday on his 26th birthday. Yes, people make bad choices and unfortunately there are alot of people hurt by his bad choice.

As for the comments calling him a "retard". I'll let you know that Warren was a United States Air Force Vet who served in Iraq TWICE. When he got out of the military he got a great job as a air plane mechanic. Think of that next time you fly somewhere, maybe that "retard" worked on your plane!

R.I.P little brother- Until we meet again
Sorry for your loss

United States

#112 Sep 6, 2008
While I am sorry for your loss, this is not the place for you to seek solace. This is a public forum where you'll find a variety of thoughts-some negative and some positive. If you need to express your sympathy and find support, you would be better served by creating a MySpace page. You need not be appalled by our thoughts and opinions-this is not the place for warm thoughts. Hardly any of us knew your family member.
John

Hyattsville, MD

#113 Sep 6, 2008
Phil_E_Drifter wrote:
<quoted text>
The only cause of this guy's loss of life was his own. Not to say other people won't feel guilty, but it was his own fault, no one elses.
Gotta disagree with you on that on Phil. Although I agree with you, the laws also suck in the servers as partially responsible. And since in this case the drinker is dead, they have to be able to punish somebody so they can feel better about themselves. Heck, the law is set up anymore that you don't even have to know what is going on, just own the place it is happening and it is still your fault. Once again, I agree with you, but unfortunately the laws are skewed.
Phil_E_Drifter

Clark, NJ

#114 Sep 6, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta disagree with you on that on Phil. Although I agree with you
Ok then...

As I said, the perp who killed himself was the only person responsible, although others may also feel the need to share the blame, people will think 'maybe i should have...' etc, but, here's the article, condensed so you can see it again:

"Authorities say the motorcycle operated by 25-year-old Robert Cayton of Vanderbilt, Pa., collided with a van pulling a boat on a trailer on Coastal Highway. According to police, Cayton was traveling at speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour. Police said he was not wearing a helmet."

Who else could you possibly blame? The only person here I see guilty is the operator of the motorcycle. No one else decided he'd ride at 100mph. No one else prevented him from wearing his helmet.

I think you might be a bit confused because there is more than one motorcycle fatality story floating around on NBC10/Topix at the moment.
Montague

Elkhorn, WI

#115 Sep 7, 2008
Gimme Shelter wrote:
<quoted text>And besides, why would a cheese brain like you be interested in things here on the east coast anyway ?
Being FROM the east coast, I wanted a mental snapshot of the east coast aura in my memory banks should the La Palma island slide on it's hydralic plate and fall into the ocean, creating a tsunami that would wipe out the entire east coast. Thanks for the memories!
Montague

Elkhorn, WI

#116 Sep 7, 2008
NJ-Teabag wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Mr. Know it all about your rights. That means your now approved for a greencard.:)
Actually, it also means that he's a legally defined member of the militia in the United States of America...even without a green card:

http://www.guncite.com/journals/lhamil.html

"LEGAL AND HISTORICAL ASPECTS OF THE MILITIA

National Defense Act of 1916:

The militia of the United States shall consist of...able-bodied males who have or shall have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who shall be more than eighteen years of age, except as hereinafter provided, not more than forty-five years of age...."
Montague

Elkhorn, WI

#117 Sep 7, 2008
NJ-Teabag wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a story about a motorcyclist that lost his life.
Isn't someone who lost something defined as the loser?
Alex Russia

Philadelphia, PA

#118 Sep 8, 2008
Warren was my very good friend, great gyu. I drove my car 6 hours to his funeral to say goodbye. Please, be respectable to him, his family and his friends. Stop writting bad stuff about him. He was on of the best friend i've never know. Let's close this conversation.
Warren i'll not foget you. Thank you for everythink that you done for me.
RIP
Dude

Virginia Beach, VA

#119 Sep 9, 2008
No. I think you have this forum confused with a memorial website.
Alex Russia wrote:
Please, be respectable to him, his family and his friends. Stop writting bad stuff about him. He was on of the best friend i've never know. Let's close this conversation.
Ashley

Lewes, DE

#120 Sep 11, 2008
Maybe you've never heard the expression.. Don't speak ill of the dead? He's gone now so bashing his mistakes isn't going to do anyone any good. Except maybe you'll feel better about yourselves. He may have made a poor choice.. but he was someones son, someones brother. We none are perfect and if this were your child you wouldn't wish for people to say these things. You can say your kid wouldn't do this.. but they may surprise you too one day.

I'll pray for him and his family.
Vicki

Havertown, PA

#121 Sep 14, 2008
All of u who think u are so perfect and so much smarter than everyone else make me sick. Who gave u the right to judge and be so disrespectful? I don't think your name is God or Jesus Christ! No we didn't get this site confused with memorial webside and none of us would have posted a comment here if u people had any attiquet whatsoever. Your words and your harsh comments hurt people who r already hurting enough. This person u r writting so desrespectfully of had more true friends in his 25 years than most of you in a lifetime. I'm saying this because I know that if u had any people u loved in your life u wouldn't say things like that for one reason- you wouldn't want it all come back to u like it always does. U know the saying- the world is round. But if u still wanna talk sh**. I challenge u to go ahead and say it all to our faces. Will see whats gonna happen to yours. I havent been so mad in a long time!
Vicki

Havertown, PA

#122 Sep 14, 2008
and u r trying to say u have never lost anything? Before u post a comment make sure u've got a brain please. because u dont make any sense at all, loser. Stupid people like u are losers too, my friend
Vicki

Havertown, PA

#123 Sep 14, 2008
I miss u Warren. This world got darker without u, sunshine. RIP
Warren

Bethlehem, PA

#124 Sep 14, 2008
I should of just stopped. I would still be alive. I had to "keep it real" and run from the cops and show what a man I was. Foolish me.
Mark

Liverpool, UK

#125 Sep 18, 2008
I’ve quickly determined that this forum has no need for thought provoking sentiments, and instead only hosts blasting, supercilious, narrow-minded comments intended to rouse emotion and stroke egos. So possibly this comment is out of place, but in the spirit of compassion and community shouldn’t we all use matters as serious as the loss of a young man’s life to promote sympathy, and possibly inspire a period of self-reflection. Sympathy to all of the parties involved in the tragic event should be human nature. We should show sympathy to the young man who made such a grave series of mistakes and paid so dearly; sympathy for his family who are left to carry the unbearable weight of this disaster; and sympathy for all of the parties involved in the actions of that night who are left to question their actions. Imagining a moment in their shoes leaves me filled with grief, guilt, and depression. I would hope that any functional community would react to the tragic death of another by showering those involved with sympathy, condolences, and compassion. Instead it seems that this community has made the choice to use this ill-fated event to boost its own sagging self-esteem. None amongst us is infallible. None amongst us is blameless. Judging someone who has died in order to make ourselves feel better about how we are living is truly disturbing. Those of you passing judgment are people that I wouldn’t want in my community. I can deal with and forgive the mistakes of man, but the callous, egocentric, righteous attitudes of this audience I cannot. My only wishes are that you all reap exactly what you sew!
EL Kabong

Glenmoore, PA

#126 Sep 18, 2008
Mark wrote:
I’ve quickly determined that this forum has no need for thought provoking sentiments, and instead only hosts blasting, supercilious, narrow-minded comments intended to rouse emotion and stroke egos. So possibly this comment is out of place, but in the spirit of compassion and community shouldn’t we all use matters as serious as the loss of a young man’s life to promote sympathy, and possibly inspire a period of self-reflection. Sympathy to all of the parties involved in the tragic event should be human nature. We should show sympathy to the young man who made such a grave series of mistakes and paid so dearly; sympathy for his family who are left to carry the unbearable weight of this disaster; and sympathy for all of the parties involved in the actions of that night who are left to question their actions. Imagining a moment in their shoes leaves me filled with grief, guilt, and depression. I would hope that any functional community would react to the tragic death of another by showering those involved with sympathy, condolences, and compassion. Instead it seems that this community has made the choice to use this ill-fated event to boost its own sagging self-esteem. None amongst us is infallible. None amongst us is blameless. Judging someone who has died in order to make ourselves feel better about how we are living is truly disturbing. Those of you passing judgment are people that I wouldn’t want in my community. I can deal with and forgive the mistakes of man, but the callous, egocentric, righteous attitudes of this audience I cannot. My only wishes are that you all reap exactly what you sew!
You know that modified saying: "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can devastate me".
RIP Warren

United States

#130 Sep 21, 2008
I cant believe what some of you people write on here..Warren made a bad decision..that doesnt make him a bad person..You people are sick to write such ignorant words about any human being!!
Terri Cayton

Connellsville, PA

#132 Sep 22, 2008
ark wrote:
This man had a family who cared deeply for him, a mom a dad a brother a sister whom he meant the world too so i think some people should consider that before they type in such RUDE and HURTFUL comments...
thank you
Terri Cayton

Connellsville, PA

#133 Sep 22, 2008
Fred wrote:
Good riddance, at lest this moron didn't kill any innocent person, better him than an innocent person.
I am this "moron's mother. My heart is broken and my life as I knew it is over. Please keep your rude comments to yourself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rehoboth Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 25 Years of Good Food & Good Evenings' Jul 11 Nance 1
News Lake water needed for north Halton: Region (Oct '11) Jun 28 no Tank news eh 31
Rusty Rudder Owner (Jul '12) Jun '17 Denise 10
News Del. gay man who alleged police abuse found guilty Jun '17 Wondering 1
News Lake-based water opposed (Oct '11) May '17 Flood recovery 25
News Police searching for Millsboro Dollar General a... May '17 Keystone1 1
Fibromyalgia May '17 sneakypete8 1

Rehoboth Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rehoboth Beach Mortgages