Transgender women go topless at Delaware beach

Jun 3, 2010 Full story: KOMO 54

Rehoboth Beach in Delaware isn't a topless beach - but a few transgender women caused a stir by treating it like one.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#47 Jun 9, 2010
Dr Oz wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word in your retort: "can".
Does not necessarily mean it WILL. What are the percentages of GID that turn from "can" to "it actually happening"?
You were close. I have the heterosexual stamina of a 14 year old and my humor is second to only Pard and Clem. TYVM.
Heart disease "can" cause death as well. Nothing is certain. Same thing with cancer, if left untreated it can cause death. It doesn't always, sometimes it goes away. Your point is false.

"Respondents experienced high levels of violence. Two-thirds of respondents had thought of attempting suicide. Respondents reported a high need for health and social services, particularly MTFs and people of color. " http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~cont...

Two thirds = 66 percent. If only ½ of those attempts succeed that's a 33% suicide rate, a rate that is supported by anecdotal evidence from gender therapists and counselors.

"Both suicide attempts and completed suicides are common in transgendered persons. Studies generally report a pre-transition suicide attempt rate of 20% or more, with MTFs relatively more likely to attempt suicide than FTMs. There is some evidence that transsexual people are less likely to attempt suicide once they have completed the transition to the other sex."
http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/heal...

Almost all of the trans people I know have reported suicidal ideation and a great number of them report actual attempts. It's a recognized and serious issue among all gender variant people, especially among young people.
Dr Oz

Medford, NY

#48 Jun 9, 2010
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
<quoted text>
Heart disease "can" cause death as well. Nothing is certain. Same thing with cancer, if left untreated it can cause death. It doesn't always, sometimes it goes away. Your point is false.
"Respondents experienced high levels of violence. Two-thirds of respondents had thought of attempting suicide. Respondents reported a high need for health and social services, particularly MTFs and people of color. " http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~cont...
Two thirds = 66 percent. If only ½ of those attempts succeed that's a 33% suicide rate, a rate that is supported by anecdotal evidence from gender therapists and counselors.
"Both suicide attempts and completed suicides are common in transgendered persons. Studies generally report a pre-transition suicide attempt rate of 20% or more, with MTFs relatively more likely to attempt suicide than FTMs. There is some evidence that transsexual people are less likely to attempt suicide once they have completed the transition to the other sex."
http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/heal...
Almost all of the trans people I know have reported suicidal ideation and a great number of them report actual attempts. It's a recognized and serious issue among all gender variant people, especially among young people.
Which represents what percentage of society?

Verses what percentage of society has heart disease?

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#49 Jun 9, 2010
Dr Oz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which represents what percentage of society?
Verses what percentage of society has heart disease?
How common is male breast cancer?

Male breast cancer is a rare condition, accounting for only about 1% of all breast cancers. The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2008, about 1,990 new cases of breast cancer in men will be diagnosed, and that breast cancer will cause approximately 480 deaths in men (in comparison, over 40,000 women die of breast cancer each year).
-
-
Now since this is just 1%,, should we just ignore it or make it self pay?
After what is 1% and only 480 will die...
http://www.medicinenet.com/male_breast_cancer...

“Indeed, I am!”

As if it mattered . . .

#51 Jun 9, 2010
Interesting point, Annaleigh.

According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 7600 cases of testicular cancer are diagnosed and about 400 men die of the disease each year in the United States.
http://www.oncologychannel.com/testicularcanc...

I guess "Dr Oz" would figure 400 out of about 154 million men in the US is rare enough to make that ineligible for government program or insurance coverage. I'll bet we could go on and on too.
Ernie

Chicago, IL

#52 Jun 9, 2010

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#53 Jun 9, 2010
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
Interesting point, Annaleigh.
According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 7600 cases of testicular cancer are diagnosed and about 400 men die of the disease each year in the United States.
http://www.oncologychannel.com/testicularcanc...
I guess "Dr Oz" would figure 400 out of about 154 million men in the US is rare enough to make that ineligible for government program or insurance coverage. I'll bet we could go on and on too.
Why are we wasting money on these people,,, there are over 6 billion people in the world,,
UNLESS IT AFFECTED YOUR OWN FAMILY???
Why just think of the research money that could be saved and used to engineer more materialist personal comfort items to buy and sell!
OR for ignorant people to promote prejudice and bigotry in order to deny some people proper medical treatment.

-
Besides that globally there are only about 100 million trans people in the world.. 5 to 6 million living in the USA…
-
FDA Approves New Drug for Pompe Disease
Thursday May 27, 2010
Pompe disease affects between 5,000 and 10,000 people globally. It's a rare lysosomal storage disorder caused by a lack of an enzyme called acid alpha-1,4-glucosidase. This lack leads to a build-up of glycogen, which eventually causes muscle damage, and can be fatal when the respiratory and cardiovascular systems are affected.
-
-

Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP) is a rare disease that affects the connective tissue. The disease is said to only affect 1 in 2 million people. Around the world there have been 700 confirmed cases of the disease, 285 of those being in the U.S. FOP is classified when the body causes fibrous tissue, such as ligament, muscle, and tendons, to become ossified, or to change into bone when damaged. This means that a fall can cause bone to grow within the muscles and tendons throughout the body. FOP stands as the only disease known that causes one type of organ system to turn into an entirely different one. At birth, the classic symptom of the disease is a malformation of the big toe. There is no known treatment for FOP, as surgery to get rid of the bone, seems to cause the body to produce even more.
-
-
Usually known as just Progeria, this condition is one that only affects one in about 8 million children born. Most born with the condition only live to be about 13, while others have been able to live into their early twenties. Progeria is a genetic condition that occurs due to a new mutation characterized by the dramatic, rapid appearance of aging beginning in childhood. In most cases, the disease is not inherited, though there has been a case of a similar condition where the parents carry the protein genetically and then pass it on to their children. There is no cure for Progeria, though doctors have tried growth hormone treatment as well as anticancer drugs. Usually doctors try to focus on reducing complications of the disease.
Dr Oz

Medford, NY

#54 Jun 10, 2010
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
No, testicular cancer is a real affliction, unlike GID.
Big difference in the eyes of many people, but I'm sure NOT yours.
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#55 Jun 10, 2010
In a related story, trans-gendered men were allowed to show their fake dicks at a shopping mall in Ocean City.
wtf

San Jose, CA

#56 Jun 10, 2010
Keep your weiner stuffed on your panties you'll be fine.
What Was That

Medford, NY

#57 Jun 10, 2010
Ever see the Gay Pride parade in NYC?
Apparently those people have legitimate health concerns which we should all pay for.
Mike

San Jose, CA

#58 Jun 10, 2010
My balls itch.
GIDDY UP

Medford, NY

#60 Jun 10, 2010
Mike wrote:
My balls itch.
I'm sure a GID would gladly scratch them for you........and then some.

“Indeed, I am!”

As if it mattered . . .

#61 Jun 10, 2010
Dr Oz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, testicular cancer is a real affliction, unlike GID.
Big difference in the eyes of many people, but I'm sure NOT yours.
No, ya see, you don't get to say which is a real condition or not! You don't get to override the American Psychological Association and the American Medical Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. The doctors and scientists define what it is and what the correct therapies are. If you don't like it, tough, you don't get a vote.

Your denial of established and accepted facts just because you don't like the idea, just because they don't fit within your own preconceptions, is foolish, in my opinion. What other parts of reality do you deny? Don't you think that denying real things exist might turn out to be dangerous or something? You know, like ignoring gravity when you step out of a 5th floor window?

GID is a valid and serious medical condition that responds very well to the therapy that has been developed for it, therapy that includes counseling, hormone replacement therapy and surgery, whichever is determined to be appropriate by the patient and their doctors. Deny reality all you want, that won't change the facts.
I see u

Burlingame, CA

#62 Jun 10, 2010
I need sex!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rehoboth Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Milton approves fences for water tanks, other s... (May '14) Dec 9 jimtracy 2
Lake water needed for north Halton: Region (Oct '11) Dec 3 Lake water so pol... 14
No more bikes on Boardwalk? Nov '14 Wirebead 1
Rusty Rudder Owner (Jul '12) Nov '14 frequent Dewey at... 9
Markell earns award for clean water initiative Nov '14 Mary Valimont 1
Rehoboth touts success of summer smoking ban Oct '14 Taajsgpm 1
Review: Beach Bound Auto Sales (Oct '08) Oct '14 mike g 23
Rehoboth Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rehoboth Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rehoboth Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rehoboth Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:57 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:57PM
Andre Johnson Needs 4 More Catches to Reach 1,000 for Career
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 2:47 PM
Presidential fumble: It's Franco, not Flacco - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:38 PM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Redskins: Live Washington Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 3:50 PM
New Ray Rice Surveillance Video Reveals Aftermath of Elevator Assault