Transgender women go topless at Delaware beach

Jun 3, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOMO

Rehoboth Beach in Delaware isn't a topless beach - but a few transgender women caused a stir by treating it like one.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of54
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Arminius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Eeiiuuww!! Too much info!

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

I think this is bound to be on the Jerry Springer show soon....

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Purple Gurl wrote:
Elitist, essentialist and demeaning propaganda based on unfounded assumptions
It's typical of the WBT/HBS crowd that assumptions and flights of fancy are sufficient grounds to condemn people. Your "activism" is nothing more than an exercise of privilege and class advantages if you think you have the right to define who and what other people are while you deny that others have the right to define who you are. Doesn't that sound like hypocrisy? Indeed it does, because it is.

I am perfectly aware of who and what a transsexual person is. I'm also perfectly aware that, if someone follows the SOC, they have to spend at least a year presenting as a woman 24/7 with a bit extra in your panties. Because of the cost and lack of insurance coverage, many trans women have to do this for many years until they can access the medical treatments they need. Some True™ transsexuals have other medical conditions that preclude surgery of any kind. Yet you find it easy to condemn them? What gives you that right?

Please leave your essentialist BS on TS-SI and those other exclusionary sites, we don't need you here to help the bigots along with their hate.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Maybe they can Hope for the various surgeries and hormones for free under Obamacare.

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Uh Clem wrote:
Maybe they can Hope for the various surgeries and hormones for free under Obamacare.
unfortunately no, but it would be a blessing for many folks who are denied necessary medical care due to discrimination.

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>unfortunately no, but it would be a blessing for many folks who are denied necessary medical care due to discrimination.
"necessary medical care due to discrimination" - um, what?
Fed up

Ortonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

friggin freaks

“Indeed, I am!”

As if it mattered . . .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
"necessary medical care due to discrimination" - um, what?
http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/16...

Yes Necessary Medical Care. Read what the AMA says about it.

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

I've occasionally wondered by dick-enlargment doesn't get the same consideration. Not that I'm concerned about it myself.

Life deals you cards. You play them. If you want different cards, don't whine for someone else to provide you with them.

Oh sorry, that was the 'Old American Way.' The New American Way is - you want something, make a case for the government to give it to you because you are suffering from 'discrimination.'

To say 'grow a pair' would be both redundant and funny-sounding in the context of this discussion. But it applies nonetheless.

“Indeed, I am!”

As if it mattered . . .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2010

Trans people ARE playing the hand God gave them darlin'. Just because you don't like the rules doesn't mean you get to push your version on everyone else.

If health insurance covers other serious medical conditions then it should cover transsexual people's conditions. ALL mainstream medical and scientific organizations agree with the AMA on this, you don't get to redefine things just because you can't understand it.

If my taxes have to go to help pay for a fat middle aged man's heart bypass, required because he ate steak 4 times a week and 3 egg breakfasts every day for 42 years, then they should also be applied to treat the medical issues transsexual people have, conditions that are proven to be physical, congenital - eg brain structure -and very curable using the triadic therapy protocol from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health - therapy that include genital reconstruction surgery.

BTW, everyone knows that the guys who claim,
Uh Clem wrote:
I've occasionally wondered by dick-enlargment doesn't get the same consideration. Not that I'm concerned about it myself.
... are always woefully inadequate in that department. What prompted you to tell us that if you don't have anything to hide?

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Emelye Waldherr wrote:
Trans people ARE playing the hand God gave them darlin'. Just because you don't like the rules doesn't mean you get to push your version on everyone else.
If health insurance covers other serious medical conditions then it should cover transsexual people's conditions. ALL mainstream medical and scientific organizations agree with the AMA on this, you don't get to redefine things just because you can't understand it.
If my taxes have to go to help pay for a fat middle aged man's heart bypass, required because he ate steak 4 times a week and 3 egg breakfasts every day for 42 years, then they should also be applied to treat the medical issues transsexual people have, conditions that are proven to be physical, congenital - eg brain structure -and very curable using the triadic therapy protocol from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health - therapy that include genital reconstruction surgery.
<quoted text>
... are always woefully inadequate in that department. What prompted you to tell us that if you don't have anything to hide?
Ah, but slicing and dicing a perfectly healthy and functioning body because you think it should be something it's not is a valid reason for freebie surgery? Nuh-uh.

But I DO agree with the part about "Just because you don't like the rules doesn't mean you get to push your version on everyone else." Sage advice for the gender-swappers.
Dr Oz

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Emelye Waldherr wrote:
If health insurance covers other serious medical conditions then it should cover transsexual people's conditions.
Hey words: "serious medical conditions"
(i.e. heart attack, stroke, etc..)

Transgender people can live in the body God made for them, this IS NOT a serious medical condition. But it is funny!!!! I don't think you can call an ambulance because some transgendered person wants an "addadictomy".
Glasnos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

The city council said they would discuss a possible law ... but how on earth could you possibly word such a law to stop this? I would love to be at the council meeting to hear them try.

“Out in the West Texas”

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Emelye Waldherr wrote:
<quoted text>
"Triadic therapy" ???
Is that only for women who want to become men?

Oh, and I somehow doubt Clem os inadequate.
Have you seen the size of his ginormous shoes?

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Glasnos wrote:
The city council said they would discuss a possible law ... but how on earth could you possibly word such a law to stop this? I would love to be at the council meeting to hear them try.
How about: "Those with blouse bunnies, real or enhanced, shall cover 'em up". Well?
Glasnos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Saluki Rod wrote:
<quoted text>
How about: "Those with blouse bunnies, real or enhanced, shall cover 'em up". Well?
Blouse bunnies? LOL ... Is that really a legal term? I'm afraid there is just no way to legally distinguish ... and then there is the problem of boys and men with gynescomastica. You run a lawsuit risk for discrimination with the people with disabilities act.
Like I said ... I'd love to be at the meeting to see them try to word such a law. I don't think it can be done. There would be a lot stuttering and frustration.
John Mayer

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Dr Oz wrote:
<quoted text>
Transgender people can live in the body God made for them, this IS NOT a serious medical condition. But it is funny!!!! I don't think you can call an ambulance because some transgendered person wants an "addadictomy".
Excellent point Dr Oz.

“Indeed, I am!”

As if it mattered . . .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but slicing and dicing a perfectly healthy and functioning body because you think it should be something it's not is a valid reason for freebie surgery? Nuh-uh.
But I DO agree with the part about "Just because you don't like the rules doesn't mean you get to push your version on everyone else." Sage advice for the gender-swappers.
It's not "a perfectly healthy and functioning body" if it causes psychological pain and physical stress to the person inhabiting it. It's not a healthy body if it suffers under a condition that the doctors and scientists have established and resolved,
Gender Identity Disorder (GID) is a serious medical condition recognized as such in both the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (4th Ed., Text Revision)(DSM-IV-TR) and the International Classification of Diseases (10th Revision),and is characterized in the DSM-IV-TR as a persistent discomfort with one’s assigned sex and with one’s primary and secondary sex characteristics, which causes intense emotional pain and suffering; and ...GID, if left untreated, can result in clinically significant psychological distress, dysfunction, debilitating depression and, for some people without access to appropriate medical care and treatment, suicidality and death ...
http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/16...

Again, you're applying your ignorance of the facts as if it were the truth, most likely because the real truth doesn't fit into your preconceptions. People that do that are usually called narrow minded bigots. Does that apply to you as well? It sure looks like it.

“Indeed, I am!”

As if it mattered . . .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Dr Oz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey words: "GID, if left untreated, can result in clinically significant psychological distress, dysfunction, debilitating depression and, for some people without access to appropriate medical care and treatment, suicidality and death" http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/16...

Your "humor" applies stigma, it's not funny at all. Unless, of course, you have the maturity and consequent sense of humor of a 14 year old.
Dr Oz

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Emelye Waldherr wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey words: "GID, if left untreated, can result in clinically significant psychological distress, dysfunction, debilitating depression and, for some people without access to appropriate medical care and treatment, suicidality and death" http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/16...
Your "humor" applies stigma, it's not funny at all. Unless, of course, you have the maturity and consequent sense of humor of a 14 year old.
Key word in your retort: "can".

Does not necessarily mean it WILL. What are the percentages of GID that turn from "can" to "it actually happening"?

You were close. I have the heterosexual stamina of a 14 year old and my humor is second to only Pard and Clem. TYVM.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of54
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rehoboth Beach Discussions

Search the Rehoboth Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lewes resident graduates from FEMA Corps; to be... Jun 24 22 Ski Doo 1
More thoughts on RV park Jun 19 Jonny Leakyscrotum 2
Lewes couple rappels 17 stories for charity Jun '14 Petal Power 1
Rehboth Beach Art Gallery Owner/Director Eric D... May '14 Tommy 1
Celia Givens May '14 mom 1
Milton approves fences for water tanks, other s... May '14 walkerwilliam91 1
Gay Summer Vacation Spots Along the East Coast May '14 FundieMentally ill 30
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Sussex County was issued at July 10 at 3:14PM EDT