Louisiana town finally ditches "666" as area code

The village of Reeves, Louisiana, is exorcising itself of its "666" telephone exchange. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whocares

Knoxville, TN

#1 Dec 29, 2007
Lol... they called that place a village.
Boo

Lenoir City, TN

#2 Dec 29, 2007
How stupid. I wonder how many businesses and people that have business cards, ect.. will have to spend moey to have their advertising changed.
ghost town

AOL

#3 Dec 29, 2007
How stupid was it that East TN changed their area code to 865 or VOL!!!! If it needed to be changed that's fine but to change it to VOL that's ridiculous, especially for those of us that can't stand the vols.

Since: Apr 07

Phillyburbs

#4 Dec 29, 2007
ghost town wrote:
How stupid was it that East TN changed their area code to 865 or VOL!!!! If it needed to be changed that's fine but to change it to VOL that's ridiculous, especially for those of us that can't stand the vols.
Wow! I never made the connection between 865 and VOL. Actually, I just pulled out my cell phone and looked at that...

“Give peace a chance!”

Since: Mar 07

Maryville, TN

#5 Dec 29, 2007
ghost town wrote:

Haha, I agree! What made it worse was that I had friends in Greenback and the prefix for Greenback numbers is 856 so I always got it mixed up! I'm pretty young and we've been through 3 different area codes since I was born. It used to be 615, which is now Nashville then it was 423 which is now Chattanooga. Why all the change?
Fedei Defensor

United States

#6 Dec 29, 2007
Future Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, I agree! What made it worse was that I had friends in Greenback and the prefix for Greenback numbers is 856 so I always got it mixed up! I'm pretty young and we've been through 3 different area codes since I was born. It used to be 615, which is now Nashville then it was 423 which is now Chattanooga. Why all the change?
Population growth in both Knoxville and Nasville.

“Love Makes Little Things Grow”

Since: Sep 07

Madisonville, TN

#7 Dec 29, 2007
Future Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
what makes it worse is my cousins number goes 865-856-then has all 8's, 5's and 6's in the last four numbers.

“Where do we go from here?”

Since: Aug 07

Lafayette LA

#8 Dec 29, 2007
Boo wrote:
How stupid. I wonder how many businesses and people that have business cards, ect.. will have to spend moey to have their advertising changed.
Believe me, there are not too many people or businesses in Reeves that have business cards, etc. It is a very small town in the piney woods of SW LA.

“Give peace a chance!”

Since: Mar 07

Maryville, TN

#9 Dec 29, 2007
August Sky All Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
what makes it worse is my cousins number goes 865-856-then has all 8's, 5's and 6's in the last four numbers.
That would be frustrating!
another who cares

Nashville, TN

#10 Dec 29, 2007
isnt there more exciting news in science,health, etc., than reporting this pointless garbage? please wbir, give us something interesting like this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071229/ap_on_sc/...

or this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20071229/hl_hsn/f...

or even this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071229/ap_on_fe_...

they may not be the best stories, but WAY more interesting than the story you posted here.
please report things from the outside world that we can learn from or be inspired about.
Ticked

Springfield, TN

#11 Dec 29, 2007
Obviously this small community doesn't have any real problems if they're that worked up about an area code. Might have to look into moving to Reeves myself someday.

Since: Apr 07

Phillyburbs

#12 Dec 29, 2007
Ticked wrote:
Obviously this small community doesn't have any real problems if they're that worked up about an area code. Might have to look into moving to Reeves myself someday.
LOL!!!
Uncle Fester

Ringgold, GA

#13 Dec 29, 2007
ghost town wrote:
Well, when you dial it, dial it as Te Nnessee Lunatics....fits you if all you have to bitch about is an area code....
Chuckie

New Market, TN

#14 Dec 29, 2007
Fedei Defensor wrote:
<quoted text>
Population growth in both Knoxville and Nasville.
It really has little to do with population growth and more with "telephone growth". Everybody seems to have a cell phone glued to their ear, and this goes all the way down to the little kids. The boom in everyone having cell phones has lead to having to change area codes to allow for more telephone numbers. The more telephone numbers in a given area, the more of a need to change the area codes to accomodate more phone number possibilities.
Chris

Strawberry Plains, TN

#15 Dec 29, 2007
It only took 40 years? It is about time.
Chris

Strawberry Plains, TN

#16 Dec 29, 2007
Whatmeworry wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, there are not too many people or businesses in Reeves that have business cards, etc. It is a very small town in the piney woods of SW LA.
Yeah. Ever heard of Hazard, Nebraska? Some people may be aware of it from the Richard Marx song. It has a population of around 70 people.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Brentwood, TN

#17 Dec 30, 2007
I thought it was weird for a single town to get an area code changed, and when I read the story, I saw it wasn't so--just a clueless headline writer who doesn't know the difference between an area code and a an exchange number...

“Observer of the passing scene.”

Since: Jul 07

Near Knoxville TN., USA

#18 Dec 30, 2007
Future Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
==========

The change was necessary because the phone number combinations (which includes the area code) became limited when all the STUPID CELL PHONES became so insanely popular!

HEY !! WE RAN OUT OF NUMBERS !!
==========

If you would be a GOOD teacherin the future, please teach your students about SOME THINGS THEY CAN DO WITHOUT....OR ELSE, we Will be EVEN MORE trapped in a PRISON OF W-A-N-T !!
==========

Good Luck in Teaching, and many blessings on all you do.

Near Knoxville TN., USA

#19 Dec 30, 2007
ALL THIS "DISCUSSION", and not ONE WORD
about illegal alien terrorist Al-Quaida subsversives ATTACKING THE PHONE SYSTEM !!!
==========
==========

Near Knoxville TN., USA

#20 Dec 30, 2007
I hope the Lord God has a sense of humor....

We frequently act as an interesting but easily-distracted species.

==========

Over concern for this, and other trivial things of THIS world, sound like A LACK OF FAITH to me.
==========

It's NOT the TEMPORARY things of this world that matter - its the ETERNAL things that matter !!
==========

Folks!- it's not rocket science!- but the DEVIL is surely in the DETAILS ->> 666 ?- sheesh !!
==========

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reeves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sulphur Louisiana Police Dept Inmates Menu (Mar '10) Feb 22 spell inmates nMes 59
Review: T J'S Express Lube Feb 18 Comeaux 2
Looking for freaks i Elton Jan '15 turnemout 1
Nikky Taylor Dec '14 Ali 1
Chuck Brookins (Sep '11) Oct '14 JllnLgh 3
if his name is yelverton, he's the man to vote ... Sep '14 HardyParkerson 1
Brugklas (nl) (Aug '14) Aug '14 Secret 1
Reeves Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Reeves People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance