Teen Dies In Car Crash

Teen Dies In Car Crash

There are 32 comments on the KCBY-TV Coos Bay story from Mar 20, 2006, titled Teen Dies In Car Crash. In it, KCBY-TV Coos Bay reports that:

About nine miles up lower Smith River Road, ten miles east of Reedsport, authorities say a white Toyota Avalon left the roadway and crashed into the river.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBY-TV Coos Bay.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Andrew Beska

Coquille, OR

#1 Mar 21, 2006
R.I.P My friend Eric chase you will never be forgotten
Toni Eckert Chester CA

Denver, CO

#2 Mar 21, 2006
Andrew Beska wrote:
R.I.P My friend Eric chase you will never be forgotten
The students of Chester High School will never forget Eric either, today the Halls of the school are silent but for the tears of mourning a loved one lost.
RMOK

United States

#3 Mar 21, 2006
Andrew Beska wrote:
R.I.P My friend Eric chase you will never be forgotten
I am not from your area, but I heard about what happened and it is so similar to something that happened here that it brought back some very difficult memories. Lean on each other right now and don't be afraid to tell someone you need to talk.

I hear that Charlie from St. John's is there today and he is a wonderful ear to listen and shoulder to cry on. I hope that his presence is a comfort to you.
Samantha K

United States

#4 Mar 21, 2006
R.I.P Eric Thomas Chase! u'd be suprised how much u've put northern california in a frenzy. the news spread everywhere... we miss u SO much Eric! you dont even know!!
Samantha K

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2006
Toni Eckert Chester CA wrote:
<quoted text>
The students of Chester High School will never forget Eric either, today the Halls of the school are silent but for the tears of mourning a loved one lost.
hey toni.. well i found the place! for some stupid reason its saying i live in Millsvile. what the crud?
Amanda A

Ridgefield, WA

#6 Mar 22, 2006
This kid was a great kid to have around but he will never be forgotten in our hearts. It was like I just saw him just only yesterday...He is a great football player too...But us here at RHS will be very sad..We miss you Eric so much!! I love you!!
Amanda A

Ridgefield, WA

#7 Mar 22, 2006
And i am actually from OR it just says Tacoma WA...but i really aint sorry guys..i went to school with eric..
Tyler Marler

Bandon, OR

#8 Mar 22, 2006
Andrew Beska wrote:
R.I.P My friend Eric chase you will never be forgotten
Eric chase was a good friend to all of us. He may not be here physically with us anymore but he will live on in our hearts forever. I will always remember watching him friday night under the lights at the football games. He had at least one big hit almost every game. I loved watching him play. He will be missed in all of our sites here at Reedsport High School.
Daniel C

Bandon, OR

#9 Mar 22, 2006
Eric always seemed to have a smile on his face, except when the football team was losing, and with Eric on the team that seemed a rarity. Just last Friday, in between classes Eric and I, were making jokes about the staff. Typically I was late to class and the last thing I said to Eric that friday morning was,“ I will see you later Eric.” Eric replied,“Yeah see you later Dan.” I never saw Eric again. Eric even though you are not living now physically, you will always live on in my heart.
Your friend forever,
Daniel Castle
Christina Householder

Avondale, AZ

#10 Mar 22, 2006
Who ever knows Eric knows what a true man is. Although he was only 17 he was a man. He new who he was and wasnt going to change himself. He played football VERY well. He had a short life and its something nobody wants to have, but for some reason God has taken him and WE ALL KNOW HE IS SAFE NOW. Him and I were really close friends. I went to school with him in Chester and I had the biggest crush on him, then i moved to Quincy. Even living in different areas I liked him and never got over it until he moved to OR, but would still go back to Chester to say HI when he was still there. I remember playing Cops and Robbers across his house in Holiday (My dad was the maneger of Holiday) and we would chase eachother until one of us would break something,then we would have to go play at his house and his little brother would want to play. His favorite team for basketball were the Magics'. When you end up haveing a friend who you really care for don't ever let them go, charish it. My arms are open for the family always. I am SO sorry this had to happen, but he has touched so many people and you should be very proud of him he WILL NOT EVER be forgotten.
YOUR OLD PARTENER,
Christina Rose Householder
Christina Householder

Avondale, AZ

#11 Mar 22, 2006
I live in AZ now thats why it says I am from there. All my love goes out to your Erics' family.
joe heilmann

Richmond, CA

#12 Mar 22, 2006
Christina Householder wrote:
Who ever knows Eric knows what a true man is. Although he was only 17 he was a man. He new who he was and wasnt going to change himself. He played football VERY well. He had a short life and its something nobody wants to have, but for some reason God has taken him and WE ALL KNOW HE IS SAFE NOW. Him and I were really close friends. I went to school with him in Chester and I had the biggest crush on him, then i moved to Quincy. Even living in different areas I liked him and never got over it until he moved to OR, but would still go back to Chester to say HI when he was still there. I remember playing Cops and Robbers across his house in Holiday (My dad was the maneger of Holiday) and we would chase eachother until one of us would break something,then we would have to go play at his house and his little brother would want to play. His favorite team for basketball were the Magics'. When you end up haveing a friend who you really care for don't ever let them go, charish it. My arms are open for the family always. I am SO sorry this had to happen, but he has touched so many people and you should be very proud of him he WILL NOT EVER be forgotten.
YOUR OLD PARTENER,
Christina Rose Householder
i have to agree with christina!!!eric was the best damn football player!!!he has achieved so much in life!!!although i will not be their for the funeral i pray every nite and i know that eric will always be with us he has touched everyone he knows in his own special way and i thank him because i would have missed out on a great guy!!!eric we all love you and you will always have a place in my heart!!!R.I.P. eric chase ~joe
joe heilmann

Richmond, CA

#13 Mar 22, 2006
i live in concord not hayward just let you guys know!!!
butch

Bandon, OR

#14 Mar 23, 2006
Andrew Beska wrote:
R.I.P My friend Eric chase you will never be forgotten
even thow we cant see him we all now that hes still here with use all. hes gone but not forgoten and we will miss you Chase
Dee Thayer

United States

#15 Mar 23, 2006
My heart weeps for Eric's family and friends. He was a great kid and will be fondly remembered. Jason & Sarah (Joplin) send out their deepest sympathies to all as he was a good friend to Jason. I saw the Senior rock this morning and my heart fell to pieces as I felt Eric's mother's pain. He was everybody's kid... R.I.P. Eric and May the Angels give comfort and strength to all who are grieving. To all of you kids, please be careful, travel safe and find comfort from each other during this time of mourning.
Huge hugs to you and Eric's Family!! This Community will miss you...
DEE From Lake Almanor, CA
And on behalf of all of us at the Chester Progressive our deepest heartfelt sympathies to you all..
Tina

Klamath Falls, OR

#16 Apr 30, 2006
Amanda A wrote:
And i am actually from OR it just says Tacoma WA...but i really aint sorry guys..i went to school with eric..
how could you say something like that about someone. apparently thate was a reason he wasnt nice to you. you have no heart!!!
Chriatina Householder

Avondale, AZ

#17 Jun 19, 2006
Wow,
just thinking of Eric and reading others comments. I miss him so much and will forever. One of my other girl friends has a myspace and i saw Erics picture, i broke down. keep strong everyone he still around in your life somehow. yours truly
Christina Rose Householder
Steve Chase

Kissimmee, FL

#18 Jul 2, 2006
Chriatina Householder wrote:
Wow,
just thinking of Eric and reading others comments. I miss him so much and will forever. One of my other girl friends has a myspace and i saw Erics picture, i broke down. keep strong everyone he still around in your life somehow. yours truly
Christina Rose Householder
Chrissy this is Steve Chase send me your address and I will send you a picture if you would like. I remember you well. Playing with Eric many moons ago. Peace [email protected]
Brittney Fraley

Springfield, OR

#19 Dec 19, 2006
Eric will always be remembered in our hearts! He was not only a great guy but he was a great brother, athlete, and most of all friend! Eric was the type of guy who always had a smile on his face and who always had a positive attitude! Although Eric is not here with us physically he is with us in our hearts! I love you Eric and you will never be forgotten! RIP!
Jared Price

AOL

#20 Dec 27, 2006
Dies in car crash in redmond oregon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reedsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stationed at the North Bend Air Force Station (May '07) Wed Don Miller 94
Don rylah and Lynn loper (Nov '10) May 1 sweettators56 2
no way Apr 17 We hate coos bay ... 2
Major truckstps going north like pilot loves ta Mar '16 Brian 1
Looking for feminine cross dresser in florence Mar '16 Brian 1
News Johnny Randolph Feb '16 Jerry 1
News Two Arrested in Heroin Bust (Jan '11) Jan '16 Justin Branson 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Reedsport Mortgages