Fired and rehired teacher regrets usi...

Fired and rehired teacher regrets using curse word but not the reason for it

There are 4 comments on the KYTV Springfield story from May 7, 2008, titled Fired and rehired teacher regrets using curse word but not the reason for it. In it, KYTV Springfield reports that:

A teacher who was fired for cursing at students, and then rehired after a turnover on the Reeds Spring School Board, has been back in the classroom this year. via KYTV Springfield

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTV Springfield.

John Curtis

Flagstaff, AZ

#1 May 22, 2008
As a father of 3 in the Reeds Spring School system, I back Mr. Collins actions 100% and hope my kids end up in one of his classes.
Too many times our teachers take the easy way out under the guise of being politically correct, Mr. Collins did the right thing and stood up for a student who couldn't stand up for himself.
Thats the kind of teacher and role model missing from our schools that I would like my kids to learn from.
NOTSOMUCHSO

Whitley City, KY

#2 May 25, 2008
I agree.
Rascal

Russellville, AR

#3 Jun 18, 2008
Old news, but there is TWO sides to every story. Collins may not be the saint that everyone thinks he is. Behind closed doors he is a different person. Think about it. It will ALL come out some day!
Ashley Miner

Cedar Rapids, IA

#4 Nov 9, 2010
I had Mr. Collins as a teacher the entire four years I was in high school and watched him stand up for children who were being picked on. I loved him as a teacher, he made me actually want to learn. I thank him so very much for his influence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reeds Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Housekeeper wanting to know of hotels where cow... 18 hr Guest 1
420~ Apr 18 JBlazeitupabit 1
I am SICK of this FORUM U GUYS TELL LIES ON ME (May '10) Apr 15 Brodave 7
hotels in Branson Apr 12 seeker 1
new in Branson (Jan '15) Apr 12 Laura Williams 4
bored looking for fun (Dec '15) Apr 12 Laura Williams 9
adam williams hollister/branson Apr 12 adamsucks 1

Reeds Spring Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance