Bill Clinton Campaigns for Hillary in Monroe County

Mar 20, 2008 Full story: WNEP

“Here we are all equal and we have shared opportunities, shared responsibilities and we're building a country of shared benefits. That's her vision and we're a long way from it today”

"We are going to change this country and we have to change this country." Former president Bill Clinton campaigned for his wife, Senator Hillary Clinton in the Poconos, passing along a message of change with ... via WNEP

Full Story
hannitygay

Circle Pines, MN

#1 Mar 20, 2008
DONORS WHOSE addresses turn out to be tenements. Dishwashers and waiters who write $1,000 checks. Immigrants who ante up because they have been instructed to by powerful neighborhood associations, or, as one said, "They informed us to go, so I went." Others who say they never made the contributions listed in their names or who were not eligible to give because they are not legal residents of the United States. This is the disturbingly familiar picture of Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign presented last week in a report by the Los Angeles Times about questionable fundraising by the New York senator in New York City's Chinese community. Out of 150 donors examined, one-third "could not be found using property, telephone or business records," the Times reported. "Most have not registered to vote, according to public records."

This appears to be another instance in which a Clinton campaign's zeal for campaign cash overwhelms its judgment. After the fundraising scandals of President Bill Clinton's 1996 reelection campaign, the dangers of vacuuming cash from a politically inexperienced immigrant community should have been obvious. But Ms. Clinton's money machine seized on a new source of cash in Chinatown and environs. As the Times reported, a single Chinatown fundraiser in April brought in $380,000. By contrast, 2004 Democratic presidential nominee John F. Kerry raised $24,000 from Chinatown in the course of his entire campaign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reeders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any girls or guys wanna nude skype or come over... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Ktim 3
Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Nov '13 dont vote 53
AB Schirmer (Sep '10) May '13 Mare 57
Pastor convicted of first degree murder (Feb '13) Feb '13 rcat47 1
Debate: Abortion Debate - Reeders, PA (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rich 1
Food and Beer, One Stop Shop (Mar '11) Apr '11 shirlly 19
Suicide discovered at Reeders church (Nov '08) Dec '10 rcat47 7

Winter Storm Warning for Monroe County was issued at January 26 at 3:34AM EST

Reeders Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Reeders People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance