|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
if marijuana cures cancer, why do we still have millions dying every year?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_die...
frankly, I don't believe anything that drug addicts say. they are liars. they will sell their soul for a hit.
you rant about how all drugs should be legalized. yeah. go take some krokodil and spare us your problems.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europ...
If you don't believe in personal freedom and responsibility, then kindly leave my country. There are plenty of other countries out there that might suit you better comrade!
King George

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Last True Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant people of all ages that choose to go thru a diversion program rather than jail. To answer your other question, no, kids should not smoke pot. Most adults shouldn't either for that matter. However, I do believe that adults have the right to choose what kind of life they want to lead as long as they don't bother me or expect me to pay for their lifestyle. Kids shouldn't be able to make that decision, however they will continue to have access and use cannabis regardless of its' legal status. So knowing that, what is best for our kids? Lie to them and tell them that cannabis will make them brain dead sex fiends (and have them doubt everything that I tell them ala Reefer Madness), or lie to them and tell them that it cures everything under the sun? Personally I will tell my children that like most things in life there are pro and cons. Weigh them out and make decisions based on what is best for you, not what other people tell you to do.
As it happens, it seems our nation was created by way of three principals-reason, madness and rebellion.
You seem to have a grip on reason.
If my thesis is correct, how would you deal with the madness and rebellion?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Last True Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant people of all ages that choose to go thru a diversion program rather than jail. To answer your other question, no, kids should not smoke pot. Most adults shouldn't either for that matter. However, I do believe that adults have the right to choose what kind of life they want to lead as long as they don't bother me or expect me to pay for their lifestyle. Kids shouldn't be able to make that decision, however they will continue to have access and use cannabis regardless of its' legal status. So knowing that, what is best for our kids? Lie to them and tell them that cannabis will make them brain dead sex fiends (and have them doubt everything that I tell them ala Reefer Madness), or lie to them and tell them that it cures everything under the sun? Personally I will tell my children that like most things in life there are pro and cons. Weigh them out and make decisions based on what is best for you, not what other people tell you to do.
I didn't know adults were being sent to a "diversion program" for pot? I agree, adults should have it legal, I'd rather see it then this phoney medical pot joke. I agree it's easier then ever for kids to get pot now with the medical shops and when it's legal for everyone. Who is telling kids that pot will make them brain dead sex fiends? I don't think too many are like that. Kids are not dumb and have computers, they will research it for themselves. But there is a lot of false information out there, kids should not be smoking pot or drinking.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Stir the Pot wrote:
It's about time we start researching the medical benefits of marijuana.
Harvard requested that the government provide them with marijuana for medical research and was turned down by the feds.
Israel, on the other hand is leading the way on studying the medical benefits of marijuana.
Pot has been researched for years, it's nothing new. Now take another hit.
Ask a Book

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Pot has been researched for years, it's nothing new. Now take another hit.
- says the punch drunk fighter from the canvas.
DonnyBrook

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Your right they do have a book with the same title.

It's a donnybrook out there today, drive safe.
Bruno24

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
if marijuana cures cancer, why do we still have millions dying every year?
Because despite its medical benefits, pot is still not just illegal, but schedule 1, in the US.

Also, when I say pot cures cancer, I have given the references, which provide all the details you need. There are thousand of cancers, and the benefits have been proved only for 173 forms. In some case it cures completely, in other case it shrink the tumor, etc. Pot can cure some sciatica very efficaciously too. You can find a good cannabis dictionary of all diseases whose cure benefits from pot. Pot seems to have a large spectrum of medical use, because it seems to act at some deep level on the immune system, white cells, etc.

I am not a big fan of pot, but I do care about politicians lying and hiding facts about health (and not just health). This endangers the quality of life, if not life itself, of all those I care about. About cannabis it is beyond any reasonable doubts that they have lie to us since the start.

The illegality of cannabis is just a symptom of a graver problem, a sort of confusion between means and goal in economy, which eventually give the power to the bandits and criminals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

right
chalking

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Have to admit it, the silence is deafing when you wear a latex glove over your ears.
Jacob Marley

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

admytit wrote:
right
We're Jammin' in the Name of the Lord.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because despite its medical benefits, pot is still not just illegal, but schedule 1, in the US.
Also, when I say pot cures cancer, I have given the references, which provide all the details you need. There are thousand of cancers, and the benefits have been proved only for 173 forms. In some case it cures completely, in other case it shrink the tumor, etc. Pot can cure some sciatica very efficaciously too. You can find a good cannabis dictionary of all diseases whose cure benefits from pot. Pot seems to have a large spectrum of medical use, because it seems to act at some deep level on the immune system, white cells, etc.
I am not a big fan of pot, but I do care about politicians lying and hiding facts about health (and not just health). This endangers the quality of life, if not life itself, of all those I care about. About cannabis it is beyond any reasonable doubts that they have lie to us since the start.
The illegality of cannabis is just a symptom of a graver problem, a sort of confusion between means and goal in economy, which eventually give the power to the bandits and criminals.
on the other hand I am a fan of pot..

and asian guy is a serious rethuglican hater of weed...

dont bother trying to convince a hard head like him, of anything...

and riccardo had one bad experience.....and since he too, is a one dimensional thinker, like asian guy??

he thinks NOBODY benefits from the medicinal properties of pot.

how silly huh??

but then again were talking about someone who hates poor people, so it is no suprise he hates MMJ patients.....we are a lower, middle income group...

that is really the root of it.

if you read some of his other, hitleresque diatribes on other threads?? you would know what I meant..

he regularly advocates genocide for the japanese and palastinians..

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Jacob Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
We're Jammin' in the Name of the Lord.
I agree, God can cure cancer.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>

and riccardo had one bad experience.....and since he too, is a one dimensional thinker, like asian guy??
he thinks NOBODY benefits from the medicinal properties of pot.
Don't say what I think, just say what you think. I have smoked pot going back years, I used it to get high. I quit years ago and then tried it for medical reasons, it didn't help..okay? I never said NOBODY benefits from pot. Many do. I'm all for Medical pot. I doubt 90% of the pot users that got a medical card really are using it for a medical reason. They are selling it and using it to get high. I'm for it to be legal, just stop making the claims it cures this and that, just admit you like the feeling of being "high" and move on. Many of the people using pot for cancer and other ailments get more benefits from the oil, not the bong.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Don't say what I think, just say what you think. I have smoked pot going back years, I used it to get high. I quit years ago and then tried it for medical reasons, it didn't help..okay? I never said NOBODY benefits from pot. Many do. I'm all for Medical pot. I doubt 90% of the pot users that got a medical card really are using it for a medical reason. They are selling it and using it to get high. I'm for it to be legal, just stop making the claims it cures this and that, just admit you like the feeling of being "high" and move on. Many of the people using pot for cancer and other ailments get more benefits from the oil, not the bong.
then be more precise in your posts.....

you often make it sound like MMJ is worthless....

which it isnt.

if it was??

I wouldnt be prohibited...

it contains many properties not yet realized.

you say reseach has been on going for years??

in the US???? not that much actually?

compare it to how much money has been spent developing chemotherapy drugs....

and that is JUST one area where MMJhas shown promise.

there are many.

it is people with emperical knowledge of its effects on the ground....that would be a great source of knowledge to tap into.

but currently you can still get expelled from your college for smoking in the dorm(would you get expelled for drinking?)

so MMJ research isnt the first thing that federal auditors and legislators think of when they are designing grants and other gifts to acedemia.

....and not he first thing that school administators think of when they are designing their budgets...

people are still DISBELIEVERS!!

and that ignorance is the problem.

every day, run of the mill MMJ patients would be a great source of info for research??

but currently?? they are being harrased to no end by the federal government. SO, participating in collegate studies might not be their highest priority.
Ebenezer

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Don't say what I think, just say what you think. I have smoked pot going back years, I used it to get high. I quit years ago and then tried it for medical reasons, it didn't help..okay? I never said NOBODY benefits from pot. Many do. I'm all for Medical pot. I doubt 90% of the pot users that got a medical card really are using it for a medical reason. They are selling it and using it to get high. I'm for it to be legal, just stop making the claims it cures this and that, just admit you like the feeling of being "high" and move on. Many of the people using pot for cancer and other ailments get more benefits from the oil, not the bong.
Wow. Look at who's trying for the middle of the road- nice buddy. There's a change. Just a tip, usually it's for turning not for travel.
And Medical Dispensary Cannabis is priced to discourage resale- it's not like Valium or OxyContin-you could produce it for yourself but at a price. If the market price is less than the cost of production you have a real reason to buy.
Controlling these factors helps to determine the producers the customers and the market.
Happy Christmas

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
then be more precise in your posts.....
Then show me a post where I said NOBODY can benefit from Pot? Or stop making up stuff. Are you stoned or something?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Ebenezer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Look at who's trying for the middle of the road- nice buddy. There's a change. Just a tip, usually it's for turning not for travel.
And Medical Dispensary Cannabis is priced to discourage resale- it's not like Valium or OxyContin-you could produce it for yourself but at a price. If the market price is less than the cost of production you have a real reason to buy.
Controlling these factors helps to determine the producers the customers and the market.
Happy Christmas
Exactly, that's why it will always be cheaper on the streets. thank you for bringing that up.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
MMJ research isnt the first thing that federal auditors and legislators think of when they are designing grants and other gifts to acedemia.
....and not he first thing that school administators think of when they are designing their budgets...
Pot wasn't just discovered. There's Been Over 20,000 Studies On Marijuana. What Is It That Scientists ‘Do Not Yet Know?’
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Pot wasn't just discovered. There's Been Over 20,000 Studies On Marijuana. What Is It That Scientists ‘Do Not Yet Know?’
from a substance with 400 chemical compounds contained in it??

are you serious??

20000 studies?? where did you pull that number from?

sounds nice and round, like you made it up.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
exactly, were not advocating studying the science off bong hits....

that area HAS been fully researched..

I know because I used to do some of it...

the science of what is contained in the 400 chemical compound is what is exciting right??

big pharma is scared whitless.....

for obvious reasons....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,401 - 12,420 of15,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE