#12609 Oct 11, 2012
it isn't your fault.

it was pushed on you.

it was pushed on everyone.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12610 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>i think it was his lack of english skills language. & no, i came to this thread to tell the proponents that the program is being abused. & a violent crime screwed up my life. & it's a gateway drug. plain and simple. i'll bet it's just about impossible to find a significant number of people who after pot have not gone on to try other drugs.
but like all threads, we end up beating a dead horse.
in one reply i said our motto was green grass and high times for ever, but a crime changed my attitude about that. pot isn't for everyone. it does affect the way you think & feel.
& alcohol? never had a problem. never been a drinker except for 1 year in college, a group drinker. collage marching bands do a lot of partying, especially when the core of the band come from the drum&bugle corp who start partying as teenager.
my situation is... complicated. due to who i am. i fall outside the bell curve. & a loser magnet? what's that supposed to mean?
& how can you not think that a guy was started smoking at 11 and has been smoking now for 33 years is nothing but addicted.
& 11 year old smoking pot? he barely reach puberty!
smoking pot at 11, experimenting with harder drugs in high school.
but it isn't a gateway drug? get real. grow up.
the whole idea, kim, is that im not addicted to anything HARDER...

yes i experimented with other drugs as a teen and college age adult.

but they didnt lead to any other, harder, life time addictions...

other than the ones ive already had.

pot is the only thing ive ever really loved.

coffee is good , but I can take it or leave it.

and I had NO problem with addiction to alcohol...

therefore pot wouldnt have been a gateway to anything but wanting to move out of the city to the country.

im very glad to be here in california, protected by the laws of my state and county.

sorry but I just never saw that connotation of crime with pot use.

everybody I knew who was a lowlife?? who stole shit??
was usually into something stronger than just weed.

and all the people I know who became heroin junkies, just had real bad problems with heroin....ANYTHING, was their gateway....

leading me to believe that it isnt about the drugs, but the personality. take some responsibilty, like I do, for your drug use.

it was fun, so you did it.....

it was pushed on you?? yet, you had choices.

like my choice NOT to ever try heroin, even though I had tried other drugs.(it had something to do with seeing people ruin their lives)

I quit smoking for 4 years (after being a stoner until age 19), and then started smoking again(because its fun and relaxing) when clinton was elected president.

so it is sort of complicated....

ps: mabey your are not a loser magnet, because if you were, youd have instantly knew what i meant....sorry.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12611 Oct 11, 2012
Comic Relief wrote:
Washington state is on the edge of becoming the first state in the nation.
To let adults over 21 buy taxed, inspected marijuana at state licensed shops.
Soon the state of Washington's population will increase to keep up with demand.
mabey that is their plan to overcome the problem with the weather.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12612 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
well, injected my opinion to see what kind of reaction the youngsters would have.
it seems to me you kids are seriously addicted.
i don't know how many of you 40-something started smoking as adolescents, but i can tell it far to many and 1 is too many
it isn't you fault. it was pushed on. it was pushed on everyone...
good luck.
'everybody must get stoned' but remember,'most of all you've got to hide it from the kids'
the subject is hilarious, is it wasn't so tragic
peace out
it is fun and hilarious when the governemnt is leaving you alone to take what kind of medicine you want.

but it is tragic when they dont.

prohibition is the REAL evil...
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#12613 Oct 11, 2012
Flash dancing and nothng more.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12614 Oct 11, 2012
55 minutes into the debate??

and biden is cleaning the floor with ryan on taxes.

ryan is holding his own in someways??

but when he went into the bi-partisanship of the past??/

biden kinda had the corner on that one......seeing as how he was there.
NoBlamer 2012

Mcarthur, CA

#12615 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>exactly how does a cannabis user led to heroin and heroin user who began with cannabis differ? are you high right now?
pot doesn't always lead to heroin, but most of the time it leads to something else. does that satisfy you?
the only reason weed leads to stronger drugs is because you had to go to the same black market to get it

with weed legalized, you dont buy it on the black market
NoBlamer 2012

Mcarthur, CA

#12616 Oct 11, 2012
PAUL RAND wrote:
<quoted text>
mabey that is their plan to overcome the problem with the weather.
maybe you should take some esl classes
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12617 Oct 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should take some esl classes
mabey you should deal with the fact that joe biden just wiped the floor with young lyin ryan...

and joe really destroyed ryan(and made him look like a boy) on afghanistan.

ryan really just embarrased himself on the war.

good luck now.....

it is up to romney to stop the hemmoraging.

the simple question of who will safegaurd medicare and social security?? who trusts the party that was against BOTH since their inception??....and have been schemeing for years to get rid of them???

now all of a sudden they want to save them?? and bolster them??
who believes them???

NOBODY!!
Gdlings

Covina, CA

#12618 Oct 11, 2012
Paul D. Ryan can ride those lies right in to the ground each and every time he opens his mouth.

So does his creepy boss, Willard Mitt Romney.

Mr. Multi choice.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12619 Oct 12, 2012
PAUL RAND wrote:
<quoted text>
the whole idea, kim, is that im not addicted to anything HARDER...
yes i experimented with other drugs as a teen and college age adult.
but they didnt lead to any other, harder, life time addictions...
other than the ones ive already had.
pot is the only thing ive ever really loved.
coffee is good , but I can take it or leave it.
and I had NO problem with addiction to alcohol...
therefore pot wouldnt have been a gateway to anything but wanting to move out of the city to the country.
im very glad to be here in california, protected by the laws of my state and county.
sorry but I just never saw that connotation of crime with pot use.
everybody I knew who was a lowlife?? who stole shit??
was usually into something stronger than just weed.
and all the people I know who became heroin junkies, just had real bad problems with heroin....ANYTHING, was their gateway....
leading me to believe that it isnt about the drugs, but the personality. take some responsibilty, like I do, for your drug use.
it was fun, so you did it.....
it was pushed on you?? yet, you had choices.
like my choice NOT to ever try heroin, even though I had tried other drugs.(it had something to do with seeing people ruin their lives)
I quit smoking for 4 years (after being a stoner until age 19), and then started smoking again(because its fun and relaxing) when clinton was elected president.
so it is sort of complicated....
ps: mabey your are not a loser magnet, because if you were, youd have instantly knew what i meant....sorry.
okay, i relate to you story. i've quit for years at a time as well. you're a 40-something and grew up a lot faster.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#12620 Oct 12, 2012
PAUL RAND wrote:
<quoted text>
mabey you should deal with the fact that joe biden just wiped the floor with young lyin ryan...
and joe really destroyed ryan(and made him look like a boy) on afghanistan.
ryan really just embarrased himself on the war.
good luck now.....
it is up to romney to stop the hemmoraging.
the simple question of who will safegaurd medicare and social security?? who trusts the party that was against BOTH since their inception??....and have been schemeing for years to get rid of them???
now all of a sudden they want to save them?? and bolster them??
who believes them???
NOBODY!!
Joe lied. It should not be surprising that Biden flat out lied about the requests for more security in Benghazi. It just proves that we need to get Obama and Biden out of office as soon as possible. They either are too incompetent to know what is going on in their intelligence and state departments, or they lie to cover up their inadequacies. Either one is a reason to vote them out.
Bruno24

Mont-saint-guibert, Belgium

#12621 Oct 12, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>i think it was his lack of english skills language. & no, i came to this thread to tell the proponents that the program is being abused. & a violent crime screwed up my life. & it's a gateway drug. plain and simple. i'll bet it's just about impossible to find a significant number of people who after pot have not gone on to try other drugs.
but like all threads, we end up beating a dead horse.
in one reply i said our motto was green grass and high times for ever, but a crime changed my attitude about that. pot isn't for everyone. it does affect the way you think & feel.
& alcohol? never had a problem. never been a drinker except for 1 year in college, a group drinker. collage marching bands do a lot of partying, especially when the core of the band come from the drum&bugle corp who start partying as teenager.
my situation is... complicated. due to who i am. i fall outside the bell curve. & a loser magnet? what's that supposed to mean?
& how can you not think that a guy was started smoking at 11 and has been smoking now for 33 years is nothing but addicted.
& 11 year old smoking pot? he barely reach puberty!
smoking pot at 11, experimenting with harder drugs in high school.
but it isn't a gateway drug? get real. grow up.
All studies show the contrary, and this despite the fact that prohibiting cannabis can make it into a gateway, as some people will mess with some unscrupulous dealer, capable of advertizing other products, or capable of mixing cannabis with some harder addictive stuff. But despite this phenomenon (due to prohibition) cannabis has never been shown leading to hard drugs. Never. If you know a study (not founded by the government or scientology, and not containing the usual error in logic and statistics), give the reference.
In The Netherlands cannabis is quasi-legal and completely tolerated and this was to cut the gate effect, with a lot of success. So it is seems that without prohibition, cannabis prevents the use of harder drug.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#12622 Oct 12, 2012
The space shuttle could us a litle help getting around those corners?
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#12623 Oct 12, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
All studies show the contrary, and this despite the fact that prohibiting cannabis can make it into a gateway, as some people will mess with some unscrupulous dealer, capable of advertizing other products, or capable of mixing cannabis with some harder addictive stuff. But despite this phenomenon (due to prohibition) cannabis has never been shown leading to hard drugs. Never. If you know a study (not founded by the government or scientology, and not containing the usual error in logic and statistics), give the reference.
In The Netherlands cannabis is quasi-legal and completely tolerated and this was to cut the gate effect, with a lot of success. So it is seems that without prohibition, cannabis prevents the use of harder drug.
I agree with your post, except Ive never heard in my 32 years(minus4) as a pot head, of cannabis being mixed with anything, except tobacco.......

and that is something done on the spot, not by manufacture...

I never could understand why the euro's did that to perfectly good weed......mabey most of them are light weights, when it comes to good weed.....at least outside of amsterdam.

cheers
Dee Rings

Covina, CA

#12624 Oct 12, 2012
You must be talking about Ding-A-Ling-Ryan?
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#12625 Oct 12, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Joe lied. It should not be surprising that Biden flat out lied about the requests for more security in Benghazi. It just proves that we need to get Obama and Biden out of office as soon as possible. They either are too incompetent to know what is going on in their intelligence and state departments, or they lie to cover up their inadequacies. Either one is a reason to vote them out.
for all WE know, you could be correct.

but do I THINK romney is any MORE competant than obama??

he really hasnt given us many details on how hell handle foriegn affairs......except to say " operate from a position of strength"

well?? we're the strongest nation by far already, so hell have to do better in describing what kind of world leader he would be.

we alreday know Obama is "no drama obama"

he has not initiated any new ground wars...

which was my wish of the next president after Bush.

I wisdhed for a president to ba able to talk to adversaries, instead of just bombing them and getting the nation into two unendable quagmires in the middle east.

because weve abused this region for so long, no one there really like the US gov., and knows were only there for the resources.

this is a political season, so were focused on the presidential campaign.

when it came to Obama/biden's position on Iran, syria and afghanistan?? ryan offered no new positions last night....

in other words?? he and mitt have zero policy differences from the current democratic administration that hunted down and killed Osama bin Laden.

good luck scoring points for romney on foreign policy, when his is identical to obama's...

on the criteria you gave at the end off your post???

Reagan would have had to have been removed from office as well.

were you around in 87'???
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#12626 Oct 12, 2012
If you want support than, don't go around and burn up your base?
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#12627 Oct 12, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>okay, i relate to you story. i've quit for years at a time as well. you're a 40-something and grew up a lot faster.
thanks for comprehending my unique situation.

I HAVE known people who have killed themselves doing drugs....

three from Overdoses of heroin

one from an alcohol induced seizure.

and one from excessive coke and alcohol usage that lead to a gun death
(my sisters boyfrined who offed himself right in front of her)

I think he had some emotional issues though.

with the heroin overdoses?? it took two of those junkies twenty years to finally off themselves.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#12628 Oct 12, 2012
Comic Relief wrote:
If you want support than, don't go around and burn up your base?
i think this is the problem for the october 3rd revolution in the republican party.

they seem to think just by lying at the last minute (on a host of bread and butter issues), they are going to fool all those swing voters who were tending towards Obama in september.

I guess they think that their base will automatically know they are lying??? like when romeny said he wouldnt reinstate the bush tax cuts for the wealthy when they expire.?

when they say things that would normally come out of the mouth of a democrat?? I guess that is code to their base for.......... " were lying. dont take us seriously, we're just trying to get into office, so we can feed the rich some more"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sri ganganagar 12 hr parmjeet 1
Good Night... Tue Ashik love 2
Indias Independence Day Celebration Dec 15 Maheed Delhi 1
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Dec 1 Arabia 111
Intimate Photos From the Golden Age of Silicon ... Nov '14 Iknow 2
Which cheap and legit site to buy fifa 15 coins? Nov '14 Novialee 1

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Redwood City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Redwood City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:33 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:33AM
Insider Buzz: Odds on Best Landing Spots for Jim Harbaugh
NBC Sports10:20 AM
Does Ray McDonald get cut if they are still in playoff hunt?
NBC Sports12:45 PM
McDonald case reconfirms NFL teams do whatever they want to do
Bleacher Report 1:04 PM
Michigan Fan Makes Jim Harbaugh Video Featuring Matthew McConaughey Voiceover
Bleacher Report 1:06 PM
Chargers vs. 49ers: Complete Week 16 Preview for San Francisco