California Proposition 19: the Mariju...

California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

19,879 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12597 Oct 11, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are right, just making coca cola illegal would make it a gate way product to heroin.
To measure if cannabis leads to heroin, for example, you must compare the proportion of cannabis user led to heroin, not the proportion of heroin user who begin with cannabis.
Your way to reason is invalid. 100% of the heroin user have begun with milk.
I started out on mothers milk,

but soon switched, to harder stufF!

the vast majority of people I knew growing up(and I knew about a dozen eventual herion addicts) who smoked pot regularly, DIDNT become herion addicts.....many of them quite everything.

because of family life, piss tests, military service, ect ect.

but the ones who DO still smoke weed, JUST some weed.

a few of them drink. they are ALL highly functional.

i see drinking as more dangerous and pervasive than pot smoking.

weed has become popular in recent years though, because the quality and availibilty are increasing.....
and because people are finding out it is JUST fun.

those who take it too far and end up on H, well you can chalk that up to a "gateway personality"

ive seen and heard of gateway personalities who will literally DO ANYTHING to catch a buzz, including sniffing cat urine or glue.

wow!
Comic relief

Glendora, CA

#12598 Oct 11, 2012
With the appearnce of the Rands, father and son - just proves the point of excessive pot smokeing will do to a person or persons.

Kind of like deliverance and the hills are alove.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12599 Oct 11, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are right, just making coca cola illegal would make it a gate way product to heroin.
To measure if cannabis leads to heroin, for example, you must compare the proportion of cannabis user led to heroin, not the proportion of heroin user who begin with cannabis.
Your way to reason is invalid. 100% of the heroin user have begun with milk.
exactly how does a cannabis user led to heroin and heroin user who began with cannabis differ? are you high right now?

pot doesn't always lead to heroin, but most of the time it leads to something else. does that satisfy you?
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12600 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>exactly how does a cannabis user led to heroin and heroin user who began with cannabis differ? are you high right now?
pot doesn't always lead to heroin, but most of the time it leads to something else. does that satisfy you?
what he was trying to tell you??

was that most people who start off smoking dont end up shooting.....
even though almost everybody who shoots, started off with pot in their mix.

how difficult was that to decern??

me thinks drugs and alcohol(not to mention being loser magnet) screwed up YOUR life, not to mention your abilty to reason.

and now you have to come on this thread and tell the proponets of medical marijuana that you cant take the responsibilty, for your own "gateway" personality........so you blame the drugs instead.

that is what I think.
Thump

Hayward, CA

#12601 Oct 11, 2012
PAUL RAND wrote:
<quoted text>
what he was trying to tell you??
was that most people who start off smoking dont end up shooting.....
even though almost everybody who shoots, started off with pot in their mix.
how difficult was that to decern??
me thinks drugs and alcohol(not to mention being loser magnet) screwed up YOUR life, not to mention your abilty to reason.
and now you have to come on this thread and tell the proponets of medical marijuana that you cant take the responsibilty, for your own "gateway" personality........so you blame the drugs instead.
that is what I think.
All heroin users started off with milk.
Comic relief

Covina, CA

#12602 Oct 11, 2012
When will we be able to by stocks on this product?
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12603 Oct 11, 2012
Thump wrote:
<quoted text>
All heroin users started off with milk.
yeah, we know that.

the discussion was on whether all people who try POT are likely to move on to harder drugs and do more than experiment....

but become addicted to harder drugs like heroin.

we alreday know most heroin addict were or ARE somkers of pot.

no big suprise there.
Comic relief

Covina, CA

#12604 Oct 11, 2012
Donate 10% to undermine and purchase the United States of America - is the LDS message.

http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/05/mi...

The working class of our country can’t AFFORD to allow this election to be bought and sold!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12605 Oct 11, 2012
PAUL RAND wrote:
<quoted text>
what he was trying to tell you??
was that most people who start off smoking dont end up shooting.....
even though almost everybody who shoots, started off with pot in their mix.
how difficult was that to decern??
me thinks drugs and alcohol(not to mention being loser magnet) screwed up YOUR life, not to mention your abilty to reason.
and now you have to come on this thread and tell the proponets of medical marijuana that you cant take the responsibilty, for your own "gateway" personality........so you blame the drugs instead.
that is what I think.
i think it was his lack of english skills language. & no, i came to this thread to tell the proponents that the program is being abused. & a violent crime screwed up my life. & it's a gateway drug. plain and simple. i'll bet it's just about impossible to find a significant number of people who after pot have not gone on to try other drugs.

but like all threads, we end up beating a dead horse.

in one reply i said our motto was green grass and high times for ever, but a crime changed my attitude about that. pot isn't for everyone. it does affect the way you think & feel.

& alcohol? never had a problem. never been a drinker except for 1 year in college, a group drinker. collage marching bands do a lot of partying, especially when the core of the band come from the drum&bugle corp who start partying as teenager.

my situation is... complicated. due to who i am. i fall outside the bell curve. & a loser magnet? what's that supposed to mean?

& how can you not think that a guy was started smoking at 11 and has been smoking now for 33 years is nothing but addicted.

& 11 year old smoking pot? he barely reach puberty!

smoking pot at 11, experimenting with harder drugs in high school.

but it isn't a gateway drug? get real. grow up.

Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#12606 Oct 11, 2012
Washington state is on the edge of becoming the first state in the nation.

To let adults over 21 buy taxed, inspected marijuana at state licensed shops.

Soon the state of Washington's population will increase to keep up with demand.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12607 Oct 11, 2012
well, injected my opinion to see what kind of reaction the youngsters would have.

it seems to me you kids are seriously addicted.

i don't know how many of you 40-something started smoking as adolescents, but i can tell it far to many and 1 is too many

it isn't you fault. it was pushed on. it was pushed on everyone...

good luck.

'everybody must get stoned' but remember,'most of all you've got to hide it from the kids'

the subject is hilarious, is it wasn't so tragic

peace out
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#12608 Oct 11, 2012
Up in smoke isn't the half of it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12609 Oct 11, 2012
it isn't your fault.

it was pushed on you.

it was pushed on everyone.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12610 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>i think it was his lack of english skills language. & no, i came to this thread to tell the proponents that the program is being abused. & a violent crime screwed up my life. & it's a gateway drug. plain and simple. i'll bet it's just about impossible to find a significant number of people who after pot have not gone on to try other drugs.
but like all threads, we end up beating a dead horse.
in one reply i said our motto was green grass and high times for ever, but a crime changed my attitude about that. pot isn't for everyone. it does affect the way you think & feel.
& alcohol? never had a problem. never been a drinker except for 1 year in college, a group drinker. collage marching bands do a lot of partying, especially when the core of the band come from the drum&bugle corp who start partying as teenager.
my situation is... complicated. due to who i am. i fall outside the bell curve. & a loser magnet? what's that supposed to mean?
& how can you not think that a guy was started smoking at 11 and has been smoking now for 33 years is nothing but addicted.
& 11 year old smoking pot? he barely reach puberty!
smoking pot at 11, experimenting with harder drugs in high school.
but it isn't a gateway drug? get real. grow up.
the whole idea, kim, is that im not addicted to anything HARDER...

yes i experimented with other drugs as a teen and college age adult.

but they didnt lead to any other, harder, life time addictions...

other than the ones ive already had.

pot is the only thing ive ever really loved.

coffee is good , but I can take it or leave it.

and I had NO problem with addiction to alcohol...

therefore pot wouldnt have been a gateway to anything but wanting to move out of the city to the country.

im very glad to be here in california, protected by the laws of my state and county.

sorry but I just never saw that connotation of crime with pot use.

everybody I knew who was a lowlife?? who stole shit??
was usually into something stronger than just weed.

and all the people I know who became heroin junkies, just had real bad problems with heroin....ANYTHING, was their gateway....

leading me to believe that it isnt about the drugs, but the personality. take some responsibilty, like I do, for your drug use.

it was fun, so you did it.....

it was pushed on you?? yet, you had choices.

like my choice NOT to ever try heroin, even though I had tried other drugs.(it had something to do with seeing people ruin their lives)

I quit smoking for 4 years (after being a stoner until age 19), and then started smoking again(because its fun and relaxing) when clinton was elected president.

so it is sort of complicated....

ps: mabey your are not a loser magnet, because if you were, youd have instantly knew what i meant....sorry.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12611 Oct 11, 2012
Comic Relief wrote:
Washington state is on the edge of becoming the first state in the nation.
To let adults over 21 buy taxed, inspected marijuana at state licensed shops.
Soon the state of Washington's population will increase to keep up with demand.
mabey that is their plan to overcome the problem with the weather.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12612 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
well, injected my opinion to see what kind of reaction the youngsters would have.
it seems to me you kids are seriously addicted.
i don't know how many of you 40-something started smoking as adolescents, but i can tell it far to many and 1 is too many
it isn't you fault. it was pushed on. it was pushed on everyone...
good luck.
'everybody must get stoned' but remember,'most of all you've got to hide it from the kids'
the subject is hilarious, is it wasn't so tragic
peace out
it is fun and hilarious when the governemnt is leaving you alone to take what kind of medicine you want.

but it is tragic when they dont.

prohibition is the REAL evil...
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#12613 Oct 11, 2012
Flash dancing and nothng more.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12614 Oct 11, 2012
55 minutes into the debate??

and biden is cleaning the floor with ryan on taxes.

ryan is holding his own in someways??

but when he went into the bi-partisanship of the past??/

biden kinda had the corner on that one......seeing as how he was there.
NoBlamer 2012

Mcarthur, CA

#12615 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>exactly how does a cannabis user led to heroin and heroin user who began with cannabis differ? are you high right now?
pot doesn't always lead to heroin, but most of the time it leads to something else. does that satisfy you?
the only reason weed leads to stronger drugs is because you had to go to the same black market to get it

with weed legalized, you dont buy it on the black market
NoBlamer 2012

Mcarthur, CA

#12616 Oct 11, 2012
PAUL RAND wrote:
<quoted text>
mabey that is their plan to overcome the problem with the weather.
maybe you should take some esl classes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Barrett (Feb '15) Dec 1 Lauren 2
News Man in car exposes himself to woman in Palo Alto Dec 1 Kevin from Michigan 1
Uber for Drones - "Palo Altitude" startup Nov 30 Palo Altitude 1
News Tesla competitor Lucid Motors picks Arizona for... Nov 30 I Got Your Jewels 5
News engineers set record for capturing and storing ... Nov 18 KO Kannacaca 2
News Los Altos police arrest mail-theft suspects Nov 18 Retraction NOW 1
News San Bruno snuffs out smoking: Attached unit ban... Nov 17 carol 1

Redwood City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages