California Proposition 19: the Mariju...

California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

19,664 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

mitt goldwater

Anderson, CA

#12592 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>all you've made clear to me is that you're not quite up on things. my generation did not start the cultural revolution. it was started by 'the beat', the generation that had to fight ww2 & korea. the where tired, they were 'beat'.
so they dropped out. my source for this is a harvard drop-out in his late 60's now. to them, it became 'anything goes, except murder'. incidentally is crowley's 'do what thou wilt' philosophy of satanism any different?
but the beat was taken over and commercialized. essentially the jews got a hold of it.
kesy, leary, ginsberg, owsley... all of them.
now, like it or not, it isn't racist to tell the truth. a couple of jews named dustin hoffman & warren beatty wrote a song for the movie ishtar...'telling the truth can be dangerous business. honest & popular don't go hand in hand'
my generation was the second generation to be influenced by the beat. or maybe i'm the youngest of the first, but really there's only 2 generations. those born before the re-establishment of israel. & those born after.
& exactly how have i made it abundantly clear that i blame drugs for people's bad behavior?
marijuana is a mental stimulant.
stimulate a criminal mind and he becomes a more creative criminal.
so in that sense yes. a heroin addict commits crime to get money for heroin. who do you blame? if he wasn't an addict, he wouldn't need to steal or she wouldn't need to turn tricks to support the habit.
you're to young. you don't know the truth. i've just told you some of it.
& you reply is???
p.s.
the only thing i'm still recovering from are the ramifications of the crime. i never had addiction problem. except when i was a musician. i smoked wa-ay too much.
I see??

sounds to me lik you were the victim of hanging around with the wrong people??

unless you were just driven to crime yourself by all the weed you smoked!!

well you are the excepton and ceratinly not the rule.
there are no official crime statistics you could show me that would prove that smoking weed is a criminal inspring adventure.

ive been smoking since I was 11.

ive no record yet.

im quite funtional and so is everybody elese I know who still burns.

so the cultural revlution was in the 1950's??

i didnt know that..

I thought since all tha good music came out from 1965-75 that THAT was the revolution.

but I see the seed mut have been sown in the 50's!!

yes I know the history(being a deadhead) of the 50's and 60's.

better than you it seems

the big wave WAS indeed the ate 60'.

but the roots of it Was sown with the beats.....

greenwich villiage or the interstates??

it is only our guess, as you(and I) were really too young to really know.

I do know that marrige changed drastically, as well as veiws about pre-marital sex and drugs.

ps: what the hell does ISRAEL have to do with our conversation about drugs???

gateway personalities kim, not gateway drugs...

drugs are just drugs....

prhibition does more harm than goood.

pP: are you tea partier by chance?

sorry keyboard is F&*T%ing up...

so the
mitt goldwater

Anderson, CA

#12593 Oct 11, 2012
"fire in the streets" by milton viorst is a good book

if you want to learn about the 60's from a political dimension.
Bruno24

Belgium

#12594 Oct 11, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno24.
Yes. The root motivation of zonked out potheads "medicating" on dangerous mind rotting illegal pot is an infantile desire to commit an illegal act. We need not wonder why they want to do that, only that they do. Any pothead who is not arrested because of their engaging in the use of illegal schizophrenia related pot is likely to progress to much more serious crimes later. Many of those crimes are crimes of a very violent nature. Let's join together and demand our corrupt politicians get these malefactors off the street before they do even more damage, both to our children, and to themselves.
Ronald
Is that a rethorical trick? You talk like if you agree, when I say the exact contrary.

I tend to believe that pot, and salvia and magic mushrooms are treasure of nature, and are quite beneficial when used in a regulated way.

And I believe that making a *dangerous drug* illegal, like alcohol or tobacco or crack makes it MUCH MORE dangerous, if only because much more easily available, and in bad quality.
The danger is the prohibition, not the drugs.
very nasty products like crack, meth and krokodil would not even exists if the original products were not made illegal.

Only the prohibitionists are the real criminals, as they know, today, what they are doing.
Bruno24

Belgium

#12595 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>is i started out using an illegal drug and it led to the use of different illegal drugs, then how is that first drug not a gateway to the second drug. & incidentally, i aced my freshman logic class. take a poll of heroin user and i'll bet the majority started with pot. what does being a math teacher have to do with it? i come from a family a teachers on both sides of my family tree. don't pretend to have an advantage over me. i'm in my 60's. i've seen it all. i see the teenage slingers waiting out side for the dispensaries. and since when is hash medicinal? you are wrong.
If you are right, just making coca cola illegal would make it a gate way product to heroin.

To measure if cannabis leads to heroin, for example, you must compare the proportion of cannabis user led to heroin, not the proportion of heroin user who begin with cannabis.
Your way to reason is invalid. 100% of the heroin user have begun with milk.
Falsesetto

Monrovia, CA

#12596 Oct 11, 2012
More of the last but not the first.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12597 Oct 11, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are right, just making coca cola illegal would make it a gate way product to heroin.
To measure if cannabis leads to heroin, for example, you must compare the proportion of cannabis user led to heroin, not the proportion of heroin user who begin with cannabis.
I started out on mothers milk,

but soon switched, to harder stufF!

the vast majority of people I knew growing up(and I knew about a dozen eventual herion addicts) who smoked pot regularly, DIDNT become herion addicts.....many of them quite everything.

because of family life, piss tests, military service, ect ect.

but the ones who DO still smoke weed, JUST some weed.

a few of them drink. they are ALL highly functional.

i see drinking as more dangerous and pervasive than pot smoking.

weed has become popular in recent years though, because the quality and availibilty are increasing.....
and because people are finding out it is JUST fun.

those who take it too far and end up on H, well you can chalk that up to a "gateway personality"

ive seen and heard of gateway personalities who will literally DO ANYTHING to catch a buzz, including sniffing cat urine or glue.

wow!
Comic relief

Monrovia, CA

#12598 Oct 11, 2012
With the appearnce of the Rands, father and son - just proves the point of excessive pot smokeing will do to a person or persons.

Kind of like deliverance and the hills are alove.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12599 Oct 11, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly how does a cannabis user led to heroin and heroin user who began with cannabis differ? are you high right now?

pot doesn't always lead to heroin, but most of the time it leads to something else. does that satisfy you?
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12600 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>exactly how does a cannabis user led to heroin and heroin user who began with cannabis differ? are you high right now?
pot doesn't always lead to heroin, but most of the time it leads to something else. does that satisfy you?
what he was trying to tell you??

was that most people who start off smoking dont end up shooting.....
even though almost everybody who shoots, started off with pot in their mix.

how difficult was that to decern??

me thinks drugs and alcohol(not to mention being loser magnet) screwed up YOUR life, not to mention your abilty to reason.

and now you have to come on this thread and tell the proponets of medical marijuana that you cant take the responsibilty, for your own "gateway" personality........so you blame the drugs instead.

that is what I think.
Thump

Union City, CA

#12601 Oct 11, 2012
PAUL RAND wrote:
<quoted text>
me thinks drugs and alcohol(not to mention being loser magnet) screwed up YOUR life, not to mention your abilty to reason.
and now you have to come on this thread and tell the proponets of medical marijuana that you cant take the responsibilty, for your own "gateway" personality........so you blame the drugs instead.
that is what I think.
All heroin users started off with milk.
Comic relief

Covina, CA

#12602 Oct 11, 2012
When will we be able to by stocks on this product?
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12603 Oct 11, 2012
Thump wrote:
<quoted text>
All heroin users started off with milk.
yeah, we know that.

the discussion was on whether all people who try POT are likely to move on to harder drugs and do more than experiment....

but become addicted to harder drugs like heroin.

we alreday know most heroin addict were or ARE somkers of pot.

no big suprise there.
Comic relief

Covina, CA

#12604 Oct 11, 2012
Donate 10% to undermine and purchase the United States of America - is the LDS message.

http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/05/mi...

The working class of our country canít AFFORD to allow this election to be bought and sold!

Location hidden

#12605 Oct 11, 2012
PAUL RAND wrote:
<quoted text>
that is what I think.
i think it was his lack of english skills language. & no, i came to this thread to tell the proponents that the program is being abused. & a violent crime screwed up my life. & it's a gateway drug. plain and simple. i'll bet it's just about impossible to find a significant number of people who after pot have not gone on to try other drugs.

but like all threads, we end up beating a dead horse.

in one reply i said our motto was green grass and high times for ever, but a crime changed my attitude about that. pot isn't for everyone. it does affect the way you think & feel.

& alcohol? never had a problem. never been a drinker except for 1 year in college, a group drinker. collage marching bands do a lot of partying, especially when the core of the band come from the drum&bugle corp who start partying as teenager.

my situation is... complicated. due to who i am. i fall outside the bell curve. & a loser magnet? what's that supposed to mean?

& how can you not think that a guy was started smoking at 11 and has been smoking now for 33 years is nothing but addicted.

& 11 year old smoking pot? he barely reach puberty!

smoking pot at 11, experimenting with harder drugs in high school.

but it isn't a gateway drug? get real. grow up.

Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#12606 Oct 11, 2012
Washington state is on the edge of becoming the first state in the nation.

To let adults over 21 buy taxed, inspected marijuana at state licensed shops.

Soon the state of Washington's population will increase to keep up with demand.

Location hidden

#12607 Oct 11, 2012
well, injected my opinion to see what kind of reaction the youngsters would have.

it seems to me you kids are seriously addicted.

i don't know how many of you 40-something started smoking as adolescents, but i can tell it far to many and 1 is too many

it isn't you fault. it was pushed on. it was pushed on everyone...

good luck.

'everybody must get stoned' but remember,'most of all you've got to hide it from the kids'

the subject is hilarious, is it wasn't so tragic

peace out
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#12608 Oct 11, 2012
Up in smoke isn't the half of it.

Location hidden

#12609 Oct 11, 2012
it isn't your fault.

it was pushed on you.

it was pushed on everyone.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12610 Oct 11, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>i think it was his lack of english skills language. & no, i came to this thread to tell the proponents that the program is being abused. & a violent crime screwed up my life. & it's a gateway drug. plain and simple. i'll bet it's just about impossible to find a significant number of people who after pot have not gone on to try other drugs.
but like all threads, we end up beating a dead horse.
in one reply i said our motto was green grass and high times for ever, but a crime changed my attitude about that. pot isn't for everyone. it does affect the way you think & feel.
& alcohol? never had a problem. never been a drinker except for 1 year in college, a group drinker. collage marching bands do a lot of partying, especially when the core of the band come from the drum&bugle corp who start partying as teenager.
my situation is... complicated. due to who i am. i fall outside the bell curve. & a loser magnet? what's that supposed to mean?
& how can you not think that a guy was started smoking at 11 and has been smoking now for 33 years is nothing but addicted.
& 11 year old smoking pot? he barely reach puberty!
smoking pot at 11, experimenting with harder drugs in high school.
but it isn't a gateway drug? get real. grow up.
the whole idea, kim, is that im not addicted to anything HARDER...

yes i experimented with other drugs as a teen and college age adult.

but they didnt lead to any other, harder, life time addictions...

other than the ones ive already had.

pot is the only thing ive ever really loved.

coffee is good , but I can take it or leave it.

and I had NO problem with addiction to alcohol...

therefore pot wouldnt have been a gateway to anything but wanting to move out of the city to the country.

im very glad to be here in california, protected by the laws of my state and county.

sorry but I just never saw that connotation of crime with pot use.

everybody I knew who was a lowlife?? who stole shit??
was usually into something stronger than just weed.

and all the people I know who became heroin junkies, just had real bad problems with heroin....ANYTHING, was their gateway....

leading me to believe that it isnt about the drugs, but the personality. take some responsibilty, like I do, for your drug use.

it was fun, so you did it.....

it was pushed on you?? yet, you had choices.

like my choice NOT to ever try heroin, even though I had tried other drugs.(it had something to do with seeing people ruin their lives)

I quit smoking for 4 years (after being a stoner until age 19), and then started smoking again(because its fun and relaxing) when clinton was elected president.

so it is sort of complicated....

ps: mabey your are not a loser magnet, because if you were, youd have instantly knew what i meant....sorry.
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

#12611 Oct 11, 2012
Comic Relief wrote:
Washington state is on the edge of becoming the first state in the nation.
To let adults over 21 buy taxed, inspected marijuana at state licensed shops.
Soon the state of Washington's population will increase to keep up with demand.
mabey that is their plan to overcome the problem with the weather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Abortion Harvesting Scandal: Aborted Baby Organ... Wed soylent green is ... 1
News Contra Costa Times/Oakland Tribune editorial: M... Tue Jodyshouse 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Leland Yee as State Senator? Jul 27 Nick 1
News The Carvery in Downtown Livermore Closes (Nov '13) Jul 24 Ssophiiee 9
Garage Sale 1220 Fernside Saturday 7/25 8:00am Jul 23 jmcdonald 1
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Jul 12 addaproducts 954
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Jul 12 shalamar 118
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages