Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Jimbo wrote:
Im all for it. I smoke it everie hour im awaik. As and offishal i can say i stronglie support it. Vote Scattinni for police cheif there two.
fiting for you!
Jimbo
speaking from experience, marijuana is a gateway drug & an aphrodesiac!

why do you think they call it whacky-weed?!? & i seriously doubt if you can name me a significant number of users who haven't used other drugs. ussually it goes pot to lsd & then anything goes

but then, i used to hang out with a lot of hardcore druggie musicians in california, but still, if it happened to me, it can happen to you!

& a serious crime was committed against me while the perp was under the influence. had to toke up to get revved for the crime.

& in these days, if that happened to me,it can happen to you too!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Liz Arndt wrote:
Historically, prohibition against anything has been ineffective.

why do you think they call it whacky-weed?!?

& i seriously doubt if you can name me a significant number of users who haven't used other drugs.

ussually it goes pot to lsd & then anything goes

but then, i used to hang out with a lot of hardcore druggie musicians in california, but still, if it happened to me, it can happen to you!

& a serious crime was committed against me while the perp was under the influence. had to toke up to get revved for the crime.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Dr Leo MD wrote:
Cannabis is less physically addictive than caffeine, while the so-called “gateway drug” theory is a complete fantasy, and it was just recently called “half-baked” as a result of a scientific study. CNN reported that Cocaine use has dropped sharply, by 30% since 2002, which is really good news.
I worked in addiction medicine for years, and this is what I can advice on the matter: Any suppression of Cannabis use will be immediately followed by an increase in alcohol/hard drug/prescription drug abuse! You don’t believe me? Then maybe you will believe the Big Alcohol lobby that is financing the Cannabis Legalization opponents for exactly this reason.
Right now Cannabis is just simply perceived as a much safer alternative to alcohol/hard drugs, which is precisely how it should be perceived. To have a society in which there is NO psychoactive substance use is an illusion, and it will be good for our government to realize this. So then, it becomes a matter of “safer choices”, just like with the sex education. And Cannabis is, without a shadow of a doubt, a much safer choice than alcohol or hard drugs.
Just very recently a research study in addiction medicine has determined that Cannabis may actually serve as an “exit” substance for recovering alcoholics/hard drug addicts!
And there is another extremely important property of Cannabis that the prohibitionists would love to keep secret: Cannabis use suppresses violent urges and behaviors and, as one prestigious textbook says,“Only the unsophisticated think otherwise”.
Then, of course, there is a potential for Cannabis in chronic pain, where other drugs may be ineffective (or physically addictive), with very important potential implications for our wounded veterans, many of whom have chronic pain.
It is also worth noting that Cannabis may have certain preventative value for such devastating conditions as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. And all this comes with no danger of overdoses or induction of a physical dependence! Let’s be very happy that the cocaine abuse rate is dropping.
Let’s not interfere with these dynamics, and then we can possibly achieve what has already been achieved in the Netherlands where the drug overdose rate is 85%(!!) lower than in the US, and that is with much more liberal Cannabis possession laws than in this country!
Maybe it is time to give up “dogma” about Cannabis, and to start listening to the experts, if we really want to lower the alcohol/hard drug use in this country, and the accompanying dependencies and overdoses!

& i seriously doubt if you can name me a significant number of users who haven't used other drugs.

fual

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

hahh

“Built like a ”

Since: Aug 08

North Korean missile!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>speaking from experience, marijuana is a gateway drug & an aphrodesiac!
Booga-booga.
Bruno24

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>speaking from experience, marijuana is a gateway drug & an aphrodesiac!
Some people believe that taking hard drug while having smoke pot before is an argument that pot lead to hard drug, but this is logically invalid. You must take the popuplation of the pot smokers (not the hard drug users) and see among them if a bigger proportion take the hard drugs. In that case the results are that alcohol and tranquilizers are more gate way than pot. In fact pot seems sligthly preventing the use of harder drug. In fact the problematic of pot have been debunked, and have been precisely related to precise lies for precise special interest. Cannabis is just an excellent medication for a large spectrum of diseases, and is probably the most safer recreative products. I have already provide many referencesn and they can be found by anyone serious searching on the net.
When you mention violent act done under cannabis, and conclude, you are doing the logical error mentioned above. I am a math teacher. I am paid to help people not doing that errors, but the cannabis file seems immune to logic teaching apparently.
Anyway, it has also been confirmed, as we can gues by simple common sense, that the prohibition of a drug directly augment the production of that drug. Prohibition offers the market to the criminals, which not only don't ask for the ID, but specifically target the youth, and try to enrol them in the criminal circle. The danger of drugs, above the usual incident, is a direct consequence of prohibition.

"Prohibition... goes beyond the bound of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded" -Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President
MITT DOLEWATER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

what a waste of good spam

pot as gateway drug??

kim just proved to us that there are gateway personalities out there

'it could happen to you"

esp if you like to get high anyway you can.....

sniffing glue will do when alcohol or other drugs arnt around.

every peson I know who smokes?

JUST smokes.

mabey, a few a few beers....

and some drink coffee(like me)

but there ARE plenty of pill poppers(and harder drug addicts who also smoke) in california, that is for sure.

but the vast majority of patients dont use multiple drugs(harder than marijuana)
MITT DOLEWATER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people believe that taking hard drug while having smoke pot before is an argument that pot lead to hard drug, but this is logically invalid. You must take the popuplation of the pot smokers (not the hard drug users) and see among them if a bigger proportion take the hard drugs. In that case the results are that alcohol and tranquilizers are more gate way than pot. In fact pot seems sligthly preventing the use of harder drug. In fact the problematic of pot have been debunked, and have been precisely related to precise lies for precise special interest. Cannabis is just an excellent medication for a large spectrum of diseases, and is probably the most safer recreative products. I have already provide many referencesn and they can be found by anyone serious searching on the net.
When you mention violent act done under cannabis, and conclude, you are doing the logical error mentioned above. I am a math teacher. I am paid to help people not doing that errors, but the cannabis file seems immune to logic teaching apparently.
Anyway, it has also been confirmed, as we can gues by simple common sense, that the prohibition of a drug directly augment the production of that drug. Prohibition offers the market to the criminals, which not only don't ask for the ID, but specifically target the youth, and try to enrol them in the criminal circle. The danger of drugs, above the usual incident, is a direct consequence of prohibition.
"Prohibition... goes beyond the bound of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded" -Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President
did you hear about the U congressman who proclaimed that abraham lincoln wasa marxist?? for emanipating the saves adnot offering remuneration tothe slave owners???

this guy is advocating FOR the return of slavery..

or saying that the bible doesnt mention it, so it is ok.
MITT DOLEWATER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

sorry, my key board isnt working well
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

MITT DOLEWATER wrote:
sorry, my key board isnt working well
Mitt
Seems like your bong is.

Riccardo
MITT DOLEWATER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Mitt
Seems like your bong is.
Riccardo
I only do bowls....

go back to the scratch pad son....(or etchasketch)

I just shellacked your silly pro corporate arguement over there....
ABE LINCOLN MARXIST WTF

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

is that dooofus congress guy from the silly south kidding??

the bible didnt mention slavery, because it should be obvious, NOT to enslave others.

how stooooopid is this rebuttlicken fool??

and why isnt the romney/rand campaign disavowing this asshole.
they are, after all, leaders of the party!!

trying to rebrand one self to the center(as a presidential candidate), should include calling out, those in your own party that make loooonatic statements like that!!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno24.

Yes. The root motivation of zonked out potheads "medicating" on dangerous mind rotting illegal pot is an infantile desire to commit an illegal act. We need not wonder why they want to do that, only that they do. Any pothead who is not arrested because of their engaging in the use of illegal schizophrenia related pot is likely to progress to much more serious crimes later. Many of those crimes are crimes of a very violent nature. Let's join together and demand our corrupt politicians get these malefactors off the street before they do even more damage, both to our children, and to themselves.

Ronald

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
is i started out using an illegal drug and it led to the use of different illegal drugs, then how is that first drug not a gateway to the second drug. & incidentally, i aced my freshman logic class. take a poll of heroin user and i'll bet the majority started with pot. what does being a math teacher have to do with it? i come from a family a teachers on both sides of my family tree. don't pretend to have an advantage over me. i'm in my 60's. i've seen it all. i see the teenage slingers waiting out side for the dispensaries. and since when is hash medicinal? you are wrong.
Wee board

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Thats what mike touhey is use to! boarding..

By the looks of him he could use some water pills.
ABE LINCOLN MARXIST WTF

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>is i started out using an illegal drug and it led to the use of different illegal drugs, then how is that first drug not a gateway to the second drug. & incidentally, i aced my freshman logic class. take a poll of heroin user and i'll bet the majority started with pot. what does being a math teacher have to do with it? i come from a family a teachers on both sides of my family tree. don't pretend to have an advantage over me. i'm in my 60's. i've seen it all. i see the teenage slingers waiting out side for the dispensaries. and since when is hash medicinal? you are wrong.
since when do you know what people use as "medicine"

herion can be "medicinal" if you happen to be dying.

hash is indeed part of my medicine.

ive been using pot for 33 years.

in high school i experimented with coke and acid, but never had a urge to use a needle to get high.

I saw too many friends get into heroin and see it ruin their lives.

on the other hand, all the other adults I know (now in our 40's) smoked pot and DIDNT get into harder drugs..

it is not an automatic "gateway" drug

the people are "gateway"

and will get HIGH off anything they can.

I ve known a few of those as well.

stop thinking you know everything about OTHER people's drug use.

you are very two dimensional, having your brain fried by "Hard" drugs..

you couldnt handle ANY of them.
ABE LINCOLN MARXIST WTF

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno24.
Yes. The root motivation of zonked out potheads "medicating" on dangerous mind rotting illegal pot is an infantile desire to commit an illegal act. We need not wonder why they want to do that, only that they do. Any pothead who is not arrested because of their engaging in the use of illegal schizophrenia related pot is likely to progress to much more serious crimes later. Many of those crimes are crimes of a very violent nature. Let's join together and demand our corrupt politicians get these malefactors off the street before they do even more damage, both to our children, and to themselves.
Ronald
but everything is fine after people visit the liquor store or pharmacy, right nut case??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

ABE LINCOLN MARXIST WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
since when do you know what people use as "medicine"
heroin can be "medicinal" if you happen to be dying.
hash is indeed part of my medicine.
ive been using pot for 33 years.
in high school i experimented with coke and acid, but never had a urge to use a needle to get high.
I saw too many friends get into heroin and see it ruin their lives.
on the other hand, all the other adults I know (now in our 40's) smoked pot and DIDNT get into harder drugs..
it is not an automatic "gateway" drug
the people are "gateway"
and will get HIGH off anything they can.
I ve known a few of those as well.
stop thinking you know everything about OTHER people's drug use.
you are very two dimensional, having your brain fried by "Hard" drugs..
you couldnt handle ANY of them.
sure opiates are used to treat the pain of the dying.

& exactly what is your medical condition that requires hash???

no, pot isn't automatically a gateway drug.

but if you had never smoked pot to begin with, you never would've experimented with the others. so how can it be that you don't think of pot as a gateway drug??? what are you, stupid?

so you became a junkie in high school & you're still smoking pot???

i think it's your brain that is fried.
Typical repubs idiot

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

How to run a meeting following Robert's Rules of Order" training.
ABE LINCOLN MARXIST WTF

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>sure opiates are used to treat the pain of the dying.
& exactly what is your medical condition that requires hash???
no, pot isn't automatically a gateway drug.
but if you had never smoked pot to begin with, you never would've experimented with the others. so how can it be that you don't think of pot as a gateway drug??? what are you, stupid?
so you became a junkie in high school & you're still smoking pot???
i think it's your brain that is fried.
my brain is fine.....

im calling out this sort of two dimensional thinking you seem to love.

just because I experimented has nothing to do with my "conditions"

ive a really bad chronically thrown back.(slipped disks)

if you dont believe in pot as medicine??

then you dont even deserve to be talking about this issue.

because you DONT KNOW how much pot helps all kinds of ailments.

menstral cramps are a particular ailment women use mdical pot for.

the list s too long to print.

how do you know that I would have never experiemented with Coke for instance if I hadnt ever smoked pot.??

many people JUST drink and snort!!! it was the eighties after all.

pot wasnt automatically in every click.

if people who medicate are just "junkies" then what are you doing here?? this is thread for for the pot discussion...

prohibition has caused much more dammage than drugs themselve.

all this focus on the source of the drugs, and NONE on the market??

wouldnt you agree??

or are you lost in two dimensions??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Redwood City News, Events & Info