• Other (explain below)
Comments
9,341 - 9,360 of 15,963 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#9967 Feb 21, 2012
Pam wrote:
The sad part of this is that Pot is worse than cigarettes: 17 times more tar than 1 cigarette - it affects your lungs, brain, reflexes negatively and lowers sperm effectiveness of males. Smoking it for years can cause you to become lazy, paranoid and every person I know who has died from drugs began with POT! Just sayin.
(And yes, I know alcohol is legal and ppl drive drunk and kill ppl. Questioning that too! Hard to know where to draw the line! As for medical MJ, THC can be separated and used in pill form for medical use.)
Ignorance is BLISS, which you wear well !!
Leafed

La Puente, CA

#9968 Feb 21, 2012
No need to keep posting!
Provocateur

Los Angeles, CA

#9971 Feb 21, 2012
Pam wrote:
The sad part of this is that Pot is worse than cigarettes: 17 times more tar than 1 cigarette - it affects your lungs, brain, reflexes negatively and lowers sperm effectiveness of males. Smoking it for years can cause you to become lazy, paranoid and every person I know who has died from drugs began with POT! Just sayin.

So says the tobacco shill.
lmao

Clearlake, CA

#9972 Feb 21, 2012
lazy and paranoid..........
sound like anyone you know?(hint) his picture is posted in your mirror....go look and see.
lololololol
Provocateur

Half Moon Bay, CA

#9973 Feb 21, 2012
Are you talking to anyone in particular? If we want anybody to do our shopping for us we'll give you a call.
Have another drink Dad and try to pull yourself away from the mirror.

If I said anything to you that I should be sorry for, I'm glad.
Froggy

Monrovia, CA

#9974 Feb 21, 2012
Froggy hit that magic twanger, and don't be late!
fatjax

United States

#9975 Feb 22, 2012
the foist poysun i mea when i got up hear was old stoney over at the barbour shot . he used to give bole hair cuts . made all us rednecks look chinese. he use to smoke a lota dope and still gave a good hair cuts .
states rights

Anderson, CA

#9976 Feb 22, 2012
TODAY IN RS.....Redding Record Searchlight.
Bruce Ross comments on how pot farming is killing fish.....he might be right, since all grows arn't managed perfectly.
but he did not bother to mention all the other agriculture in the north state that is fouling our waters..
have any of you ever seen the scott river in siskiyou county??
he forgot to mention the ranching business??
or the other farm crops sprayed from bi-planes with pesticides in the sacremento valley.
focusing on just THAT aspect without covering it as a larger environmental story(and mind you he's NOT an environmentalist, but a hard right local pundit) just feeds into the hysteria
which is, I guess all they are interetsed in doing at the Redding Record Searchlight.
states rights

Anderson, CA

#9977 Feb 22, 2012
Pam wrote:
(And yes, I know alcohol is legal and ppl drive drunk and kill ppl. Questioning that too! Hard to know where to draw the line! As for medical MJ, THC can be separated and used in pill form for medical use.)
judges use it , doctors use it!!

legalize it yeah, and then you wont critisize it!!

every person you know who died of drugs had a gateway personality pam......those who yeild their responsibility for controlling their drug use, should not be using anything.

gateway personalities pam, they will eat crayons as a gateway drug if they can catch a buzz.....gateway personalties pam.....im just sayin???
states rights

Anderson, CA

#9978 Feb 22, 2012
shasta county sheriff Tom boskeno doesnt think he needs warrants to search and seize 320 plants in round mt.

interesting case.....the owner wasnt around and there were three undocumented illegals there who gave consent for this search?? I dont think illegal aliens can give a local sheriff consent to search a property that they dont own, never mind that they are not from the US.

they didnt arrest anyone, but she is sueing US the county for 20kplus as compensation.

she will at least get boss tom a good yelling at by the AG's office. and hopefully a swift kickin the behind from the voters next time as well.......stop wasting our tax dollars on this senseless war.
there are only victims.
medicine my arse

Clearlake, CA

#9979 Feb 22, 2012
Everyone needs treatment these days.
Face it folks, most medical MJ is used by folks who just really enjoy getting high.
The people who really NEED medical MJ are a very, VERY, VERY small minority of MJ legalization proponents.
If science can prove that MJ is ok to drive on, then who cares if it is legal. Smoke to your hearts content. However, there is no current test to administer that will identify someone who is driving MJ impaired, and therein lies the problem with legalization/law enforcement.
Shado7s

Eureka, CA

#9980 Feb 22, 2012
NO POT... NO PEACE!! The Country was physically and spiritually built by the Founding Fathers by hemp... no difference but variety in cannabis sativa. It is historically documented that corruption, greed and self interest created the departure from carbohydrate based products to hydrocarbon based industries. ANYTHING made from oil can be created by plants. Cannabis is the most versatile plant for its uses. Anslinger was hired by a consortium of power brokers; weapons, drug, oil, AND timber barons to start our world's addiction to oil.
LEGALIZE!! and let Humboldt County become the Napa of fine weeds, and declare an Anslinger Day. Without him, there would not have been such a concerted effort to develop the varieties and mixes we have today.
County Services might study the distribution and handling methods to improve their own. There is better distribution for pot than for food stamps!
Shado7s

Eureka, CA

#9981 Feb 22, 2012
medicine my arse wrote:
Everyone needs treatment these days.
Face it folks, most medical MJ is used by folks who just really enjoy getting high.
The people who really NEED medical MJ are a very, VERY, VERY small minority of MJ legalization proponents.
If science can prove that MJ is ok to drive on, then who cares if it is legal. Smoke to your hearts content. However, there is no current test to administer that will identify someone who is driving MJ impaired, and therein lies the problem with legalization/law enforcement.
Check out Dr Carl Sagan's posthumously published study on marijuana and its effects... particularly upon people driving while high. It actually slows them down and focuses their attention (they get paranoid). Not to say I'd want the bus driver high, but I'd take a stoner over a drunk any day.
Provocateur

Half Moon Bay, CA

#9982 Feb 22, 2012
Come on nobody is listening, you remember how the sobriety test goes, no?

For 10,000 years the world has used medicinal marijuana and industrial hemp, and continues to use it to this day. The United States not only used and supported medicinal marijuana as well as industrial hemp up until the 1930's, but it was one of the first crops planted on American soil. Currently there are 13 states who allow medicinal marijuana as well as the countries of Austria, Belgium, Canada, Israel, Netherlands, United Kingdom and Spain.

Archaeologists have found evidence linking hemp and its psychoactive counterpart cannabis back to 8,000 BC when agriculture and hemp textile industries began in Europe and Asia [2]. By 3725 BC, Shen Nung Pen Ts'ao of China wrote of cannabis in the world's first medical text and Ts'ao declared cannabis as “a superior herb.”[3] Also, in the book “Licit and Illicit Drugs” by the Consumer Union on pages 397-398 it reads,“"Ashurbanipal lived about 650 B.C., but the cuneiform descriptions of marijuana in his library "are generally regarded as obvious copies of much older texts." Dr. Robert P. Walton, an American physician and authority on marijuana says, "This evidence serves to project the origin of hashish back to the earliest beginnings of history."

Cannabis sativa has been used for medicinal purposes for over 4,800 years and has been prescribed for over 250 illnesses and diseases, for example: Asthma, insomnia, often used to treat pain in childbirth, anxiety, migraines, glaucoma, used for patients with AIDS, and THC pills allow cancer patients to find an appetite. Medicinal Marijuana relieves anorexia in Alzheimer's patients, it relieves mental health and mood disorders, and it can be used as suppositories for relieving the pain of hemorrhoids which the Ancient Egyptians practiced for centuries, along with gastrointestinal disorders, and pains. Medicinal Marijuana, or hemp seed oil, has been used to treat inflammation, and was the primary treatment for headaches until they invented aspirin. In fact, back when my dad was a kid the most commonly used pain reliever before it was replaced by aspirin was called APC, or All Purpose Capsule. APC contained an ingredient called Marinol which is extracted from the marijuana plant.
Red

Ravenden, AR

#9983 Feb 23, 2012
Marijuana is going to save the World!!!!!!!!!! I used marijuana as a substitute fir gasoline in my car. It got 1000 mpg. I also was on my death bed cause my head had been cut off with a chainsaw. Then the dr put my head back together using marijuana as a bonding agent. Yeaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!! U ppl rule
Only Spam

Covina, CA

#9984 Feb 23, 2012
This is nothing more than SPAM, and should be de-listed at once.
medicine my arse

Clearlake, CA

#9985 Feb 23, 2012
Shado7s wrote:
<quoted text> Check out Dr Carl Sagan's posthumously published study on marijuana and its effects... particularly upon people driving while high. It actually slows them down and focuses their attention (they get paranoid). Not to say I'd want the bus driver high, but I'd take a stoner over a drunk any day.
I would tend to agree with you in regard to "stoner over a drunk" behind the wheel....of anything. However, my first choice would be "neither" when it comes to an impaired driver....especially a bus.
I must also admit that I have never been involved in a fight with a "stoner", but have been forced to deal with belligerant drunks.

The bottom line for me is in keeping things in perspective. Medical MJ has become a complete farce. Some doctors will issue a precription for almost any reason. The vast number of applicants for medical MJ are simply gaming the system for profit, or, they just really enjoy getting high. I don't have a problem with folks getting high, but I do have a problem with folks DRIVING while under the influence of MJ(Especially some of the newer stuff ...yippeeeeeeeeee).
It is time for everyone to be completely honest and work together figure this thing out instead of pushing forward under a false premise.
Spam Only

Covina, CA

#9986 Feb 23, 2012
Recycle your spam posts here.
Provocateur

Los Angeles, CA

#9987 Feb 23, 2012
medicine my arse wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tend to agree with you in regard to "stoner over a drunk" behind the wheel....of anything. However, my first choice would be "neither" when it comes to an impaired driver....especially a bus.
I must also admit that I have never been involved in a fight with a "stoner", but have been forced to deal with belligerant drunks.
The bottom line for me is in keeping things in perspective. Medical MJ has become a complete farce. Some doctors will issue a precription for almost any reason. The vast number of applicants for medical MJ are simply gaming the system for profit, or, they just really enjoy getting high. I don't have a problem with folks getting high, but I do have a problem with folks DRIVING while under the influence of MJ(Especially some of the newer stuff ...yippeeeeeeeeee).
It is time for everyone to be completely honest and work together figure this thing out instead of pushing forward under a false premise.
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.
TO Spam

Covina, CA

#9988 Feb 23, 2012
I like my spam in a can, do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 17 min Bay Breeze 5,006
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 24 min Beautiful Dreamer 200,591
hi .koi hai ...plz contact me on sk636657@gmail... 22 hr samkhan123 1
Beam me up Scottie Fri guest 123
Neil Young files for divorce from Pegi Young Thu Lightning Linda 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Trouble sleeping: a warning sign of suicide in ... Aug 27 Pharma Maims Kills 8
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
Redwood City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••