Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,929)

Showing posts 158,561 - 158,580 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Short Eye Hookup Next wrote:
Next thing you know, 35 year old men and 12 year old boys will be allowed to marry. Along with Suzir widow and her German Shepard dog.
Opposite sexual private parts fit together to make a baby. One man's penis does not naturally fit in the poop chute of another man. And the only birth that will take place from that "union" is a turd.
Well, now we know how you came to be.
Anyway, most men into anal sex are straight. Women also have "poop chutes". And men don't turn down BJs from women because they can't "make a baby" that way.
Have you ever had sex?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. If marriage is dumbed down to a friendship as a civil right, it does not matter what laws will be affected.
2. Which brings us to your claim that gay marriage won't affect any standing laws. A silly assertion that your own example proves will require legal changes among numerous other consequences.
Smile.
Gay marriage doesn't dumb marriage down to a friendship. What gave you that idea? Is your brain made out of two types of tissue with different DNA that don't communicate? Is that why you are so stupid?
LOL!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
What statement? The one where I called you an idiot?
Have you ever made any kind of actual argument in this forum? Seems all you do is call people names.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage doesn't dumb marriage down to a friendship. What gave you that idea? Is your brain made out of two types of tissue with different DNA that don't communicate? Is that why you are so stupid?
LOL!
Have you ever made any kind of actual argument in this forum? Seems all you do is call people names.

Snicker Ho, Ho, Ho.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker Ho, Ho, Ho.
Guess those two types of tissue in your brain aren't communicating.
I've presented an argument for gay marriage: equal rights.
Do you think you should have been aborted?
LOLSER!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess those two types of tissue in your brain aren't communicating.
I've presented an argument for gay marriage: equal rights.
Do you think you should have been aborted?
LOLSER!
Guess those Ho types of tissue in your brain aren't communicating.
I've presented an argument for marriage: gays don't qualify.
Do you think you should have aborted your child?
LOLSER!
Loraine660

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

HI, Granny?
R U There? Why did you leave the home? We are stuck with the godamn monthly/annual bills anyway so why dont you go back? The cards will be cancelled tomorrow, cutting you off ast the bar. So then you may as well go back. Ms RPT says she will not pursue legal action over what you did to her little dog. All we have to do is buy her a new one, around $1,550, christ. How could you do this to an expensive dog and wher are the remains? Do you have any idea how embarassing this is to us? GO BACK TO THE HOME!!! NO MORE MONEY FOR YOU UNLESS YOU GO BACK!!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the troll who never has an argument and only calls people names.

Priceless!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess those Ho types of tissue in your brain aren't communicating.
I've presented an argument for marriage: gays don't qualify.
Do you think you should have aborted your child?
LOLSER!
You never presented an argument for marriage, and I don't have a child...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why not go to a forum about polygamy and talk about it? Oh, yeah, you don't give a damn about polygamy, you just want to spam this forum.
Maybe I could start a thread on leg lamps too.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I support gay marriage. What don't you understand about that jackass?
Perhaps you'll offer some theories on why I would lie, genuis. Can't wait.
Well since you asked:
1)You keep harping on polygamy and the perceived parallel it holds to Gay Marriage even though you yourself have said you aren’t interested in polygamy for yourself. I believe you hate fuels this obsession.
2)You continually call Gay Americans and our supporter’s derogatory names. This is a typical hater tactic to marginalize Gay Americans. Additionally, I think you do this to garner attention.
3)Your posts always attack Gay Americans and our supporter’s. Never people who are against Gay Marriage and Polygamy. Your silence is like you condone their idiotic posts.
4)You used to include incent in your obsessive rants, but, have dropped it from your posts. I believe it’s because it’s too extreme for you to include in your narcissistic attempt to remain respectable to the hater crowd.

Those are the key reasons why I’m certain that you are a very lonely, impotent, bigoted, hateful and deceitful person. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that you live a very solitary and emotionally unfulfilling life.
Counter

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Marma Duke has finished with you yet?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you asked:
1)You keep harping on polygamy and the perceived parallel it holds to Gay Marriage even though you yourself have said you aren’t interested in polygamy for yourself. I believe you hate fuels this obsession.
2)You continually call Gay Americans and our supporter’s derogatory names. This is a typical hater tactic to marginalize Gay Americans. Additionally, I think you do this to garner attention.
3)Your posts always attack Gay Americans and our supporter’s. Never people who are against Gay Marriage and Polygamy. Your silence is like you condone their idiotic posts.
4)You used to include incent in your obsessive rants, but, have dropped it from your posts. I believe it’s because it’s too extreme for you to include in your narcissistic attempt to remain respectable to the hater crowd.
Those are the key reasons why I’m certain that you are a very lonely, impotent, bigoted, hateful and deceitful person. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that you live a very solitary and emotionally unfulfilling life.
His right hand won't even scratch his itch anymore.
Happenings

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Thats right those slim sockers are all GOP, Republican and tea party members in them Southern states.

Didn't I say those yellow belled "rebels" who killed real Americans during the civil war aren't worth the glue that holds thier heads on with.

Anyone connected to this threat to her needs to be FIRED at once!

Then Sue the hell out of the HICK-Backwards college!

The University of North Carolina has threatened to expel a female student Landen Gambill for "intimidating" her alleged rapist by talking to the media.

She only talked about the fact that she was assaulted, Gambill hasn't named her alleged rapist, and says she's done nothing wrong in talking to the press.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you asked:
1)Lots of posters here harp on same sex marriage but they're not interested same sex marriage for themselves.

2)Relax Fruitcake.

3)Your posts attack me.

4)I believe "incent" (incest) marriage should be allowed.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn you're an angry little sh!t.

I support marriage equality for same sex, incest and poly. For everyone who is in love and wants a family. You do not. So don't call me a bigot, bigot.

Relax twinkletoes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
His right hand won't even scratch his itch anymore.
Great argument against true marriage equality fruitcake! One of your best so far.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument against true marriage equality fruitcake! One of your best so far.
That wasn't an argument, it was a slam.

At any rate, the man who beats polygamy to death is hardly capable of recognizing a valid argument.

“MASTER of ths skin flute”

QUEEN CREEK, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

IS THIS THING ON ???!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you asked:
It could also be a valid question to raise in the debate, one that seems to evoke mixed emotions among SSM supporters.
As do some supporters of SSM towards those who oppose it.
That's not true, Frankie has expressed support of SSM, and criticized some who have oppossed it.
Is incest, at least same sex, that far removed from same sex first cousins?
Frankie seems like he'd be fun at a party, doesn't appear bigotted. I don't think you have a fair assessment of him.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

http://www.citizenlink.com/2012/08/21/polygam...

Polygamy Waiting in the Wings While Supreme Court Addresses the Definition of Marriage

Posted By Bruce Hausknecht On August 21, 2012 @ 2:24 pm In Blogs,Judicial Issues,Marriage | Comments Disabled

If you believe that the Constitution requires that a man be allowed to marry another man, or a woman be allowed to marry another woman, then why shouldn’t a man be able to have four wives?

That’s what a federal lawsuit going on in Utah claims.(My earlier coverage is here [1].) And it’s based on the same 2003 U.S. Supreme Court decision, Lawrence v. Texas [2], that every argument for same-sex marriage – as well as a handful of court decisions – have used for justification. Lawrence, as you may recall, threw out a Texas criminal sodomy statute as an unconstitutional violation of the “right of privacy,” the same “right” that was also used in 1973 in Roe v. Wade to constitutionalize abortion.

[3]A federal judge has refused to dismiss [4] a Utah lawsuit (Brown v. Herbert [5]) that claims that polygamy is a guaranteed privacy right under the U.S. Constitution. The most recent court order did not address the merits of the constitutional arguments involved in the claim, but only the technical issue of “standing,” which boils down to whether the challenger has really been “injured” in a constitutional sense, sufficient to invoke the authority of the courts to get involved in the dispute.

The polygamy case will now proceed to a trial or some other kind of decision on the merits of the case, but against the backdrop of several marriage-related cases that have already been appealed to (but not yet been accepted by) the Supreme Court. The upcoming term, starting on the first Monday in October, has the potential to be a marriage blockbuster. We’re waiting to hear if the high court will accept any of the following: the Hollingsworth v. Perry case (the California Marriage Amendment, a/k/a Prop 8), the federal Defense of Marriage Act appeals from the 1st, 2nd and 9th Circuits, and the Arizona state employee domestic partner benefit case entitled Brewer v. Diaz.

Although same-sex marriage advocates are fond of saying that this fundamental clash over the definition of marriage is all about them, it’s obvious that it’s not. Same-sex marriage is only the current issue. Polygamy, group marriage and who knows what else, are waiting in the wings.

Either marriage means what it’s always meant, or it will end up meaning whatever the next interest group wants it to mean.

And in the end, it will have no meaning at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,561 - 158,580 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Redwood City Forum right now

Search the Redwood City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Brian_G 7,303
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Foes 15,669
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
Burlingame drafts preservation ordinance: Progr... Apr 17 Anson 1
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Naked Teenage Man Arrested For Bizarre Crime Sp... Apr 11 justaguess 18
Jump Rope Apr 10 Anonymous 1
•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search