Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,898)

Showing posts 157,941 - 157,960 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is false and cowardly.
"I'd encourage people to keep an open mind," he asserted, "it wasn't too long ago that gay relationships were completely ostracized. All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them."
He added: "It's hypocritical for us as gays and lesbians to pretend we're the only people who are treated differently because our relationships are not mainstream. Both communities are concerned with love, and forming lasting relationships, and with our own liberation."
Who?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is FALSE and COWARDLY.
Who?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them.
You just proved my point.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported! Angry hissy-fit brings out obscene language!
hahahahahahah
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Falling back on old meaningless points, again? Who said heterosexuality was no longer relevant to marriage? No one. And what does heterosexuality have to do with monogamy?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can fool a good psychiatrist into thinking you're not crazy, you're not crazy! And you ain't fooling him.
Rose_NoHo or Neil Andblowme could not fool a psychiatrist or anyone else into thinking they're not crazy. Because they're crazy.
Do you even read what you write, or are you just desperate for laughs and attention? What exactly would be the benefit of trying to fool a psychiatrist?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked professionally dealing with denial and was constantly being told I was crazy. So I went to my psychologist friends and asked them to validate my sanity.
It was hilarious to have someone claim I was crazy and pull out a letter signed by three psychologists. Then I'd ask if they had a letter... Then I asked if their family and friends would say they were crazy...
Everyone on here is afraid to even ask their family and friends.
Smile.
So you're adding ominiscience to your many powers? How nice for you. No, you're not crazy.... you are god. Really.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked professionally dealing with denial and was constantly being told I was crazy.
There's a surprise.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No dummy, the reference to you getting a dictionary was in reference to the big words I used which you failed to understand.
LOL. Nobody believes that. But your sad attempt at twisting things is funny.
akpilot wrote:
Yet again your low IQ and limited comprehension skills have failed you.
I pass gas with a higher IQ than you have.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Falling back on old meaningless points, again? Who said heterosexuality was no longer relevant to marriage? No one. And what does heterosexuality have to do with monogamy?
Your comprehension matches your logic...

Monogamy and marriage is rooted in providing a long lasting and stable environment for procreation. Divorce, the lack of social stigma against single parenting and government support of single parents have subverted the constraint of marriage.

The result is that many no longer bother with marriage. Moreover, the social health of children in every aspect is plummeting as a result.

Now the attempted intrusion of any type of gender coupling being labeled marriage further dilutes the institution. Frankie's point is well taken, if we have fatally undermined the original purpose, and diluted the institution to friendships, why deny a host of other aspects of friendship. The demand for 'equality' by other relationships besides duplicate genders will quickly make it's claim.

That is simple common sense...

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Oh, and save your breath with the yawn.

I already know you have no logical rebuttal.

Snicker.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Wouldn't dream of it.
Because here is the proof that you are the liar. Please read this cut-n-paste of the entire exchange between you and akpilot, and witness the fact that nowhere in these exchanges has he posted that he doesn't know what that 4th grade nonsense means. He has posted that there is a difference between knowing what it means and using it.
Please read:
" Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my fault you are ignorant.
But you could try using a search engine.
IKYABWAI
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php ...
Urban dictionary? And you are calling me ignorant?
Thanks for the laugh.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are ignorant.
You don't even know what IKYABWAI means.
LOLSER.
Do you know what that means?
Knowing what it means is a far cry from actually using it.
If you are trying to make a case for your famed high level of education, you are doing a piss poor job of it.
Seriously, citing the Urban Dictionary? Put down the pipe Rose and join the rest of us in reality.
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing what it means is a far cry from actually using it.
If you are trying to make a case for your famed high level of education, you are doing a piss poor job of it.
Seriously, citing the Urban Dictionary? Put down the pipe Rose and join the rest of us in reality.
You didn't know what it meant.
Why else would you have said anything about Urban Dictionary? LOL!
Must suck to be you. "
Thank you for being so easy to prove as the liar. Spin away. I already expect you to attempt to twist this into some bullshit. Save yourself some wasted time and simply admit that you got caught like a rat in a trap of your own making. Dumb-ass. And liar.
What are you claiming I said that was a lie, ugly? Do you even know who said what? The Urban Dictionary is a good source to use for finding the meanings of acronyms used on the internet.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No. It won't. Huh...."Urban Dictionary"....How ethnic. I prefer the "Websters Dictionary", and proper English, myself.
LOL. The Urban Dictionary isn't ethnic, ugly.

Thanks for the good hardy laugh! http://www.urbandictionary.com/

It's accurate, too. Look up "Rose"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
"A girl usually Hot and has a great personality"
"The most beautiful girl ever."

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Tis you who cannot twist this. He was answering that 4th grade nonsense with the correct answer. You DID ask, didn't you ? "IKYABWAI" is the question, and "incoherent" was the answer. No twist-ability to that. Straight answer to a silly question. Don't embarrass yourself any more than you already have.
Do you know what "incoherent" means? It indicates he didn't understand what I said. He thought what I said was incoherent. So, I explained it to him, ugly.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Putting pubic hair on Chongos head was a nice touch, eh ?
:-D
And you're a racist, too. Well, we've known that for some time.

Why do you lie about being a Wiccan?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I know who this runt is, it's that "TooManyLaws" schmuck that got himself banned for making threats. That piece of trailer trash that needs 3 hillbillies with guns to face down 1 ex-frog-man...
You got banned for not taking that pic of your ugly mug back down!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You did. And I agree. Heterosexuality is no longer relevant to marriage in many states. Therefore, why should monogamy be still relevant?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Who?
Justin Michael for one.

http://poly-nyc.com/
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>You just proved my point.
You don't seem to have a point. Beyond angry ad hominem. Same as always.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahah
Meaningless post includes insane laugh proves you're at a loss for a cogent argument once again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 157,941 - 157,960 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE