Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,041 - 155,060 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Rush

Columbus, NE

#177742 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So she is older than you? So you finally reckognize mine and every other older persons superioty?
It would be pretty hard for my mom to be younger than me. You need to talk to someone to explain to you how things work. I respect older people if they deserve it. You dont. You are superior to no one, therefore you deserve nothing from anyone except pity.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#177743 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I point out, most same sex marriage supporters use insults because they don't base their views on rationality. They base their views on the good feeling of being inclusive, tolerant and enlightened.
Same sex marriage is like the ersatz equality of women in combat roles.
<quoted text>The US Supreme Court has ruled, wardens can't restrict a prisoner's right to marriage. So, more likely prison chaplains and lay prisons will be performing forced prison marriages in the event of same sex marrage.
<quoted text>Try to think about the consequences of your radical redefinition of marriage before you change the law.
<quoted text>Many same sex marriage supporters think the question,'would it make society better' is stupid; they ask,'will it bring equality'. They prefer equality to anything else.
Your premise that there will be forced marriages in prison is moronic. Got it? You need not reply with a load of claptrap like you did above. Marriages currently involve two willing partners. IME a couple usually meets with the person who is going to perform the ceremony in order to achieve their blessing upon it prior to the fact.

Forced marriages in prison is an objection made by the hard of thinking.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#177744 Jan 30, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be pretty hard for my mom to be younger than me. You need to talk to someone to explain to you how things work. I respect older people if they deserve it. You dont. You are superior to no one, therefore you deserve nothing from anyone except pity.
I was talking about your wife, not your mother stupid!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177745 Jan 30, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Your premise that there will be forced marriages in prison is moronic. Got it? You need not reply with a load of claptrap like you did above. Marriages currently involve two willing partners. IME a couple usually meets with the person who is going to perform the ceremony in order to achieve their blessing upon it prior to the fact.
Forced marriages in prison is an objection made by the hard of thinking.
exactly, any argument like that could be made against heterosexual marriages as well.

Stupid argument

but on the plus side, if they have to dig that deep into a barrel of total garbage to try and find some kind of valid argument, it means they are totally out of arguments.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177746 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Christ taught you that you should belittle another manís wife that you donít know..... right?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#177747 Jan 30, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
Your premise that there will be forced marriages in prison is moronic. Got it? You need not reply with a load of claptrap like you did above. Marriages currently involve two willing partners. IME a couple usually meets with the person who is going to perform the ceremony in order to achieve their blessing upon it prior to the fact. Forced marriages in prison is an objection made by the hard of thinking.
Not just prisons, forced marriages in all institutions. The question of consent is at best, problematic, for prisoners. Same sex marriage would harm everyone, institutionalized or free.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177748 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly, any argument like that could be made against heterosexual marriages as well.
Stupid argument
but on the plus side, if they have to dig that deep into a barrel of total garbage to try and find some kind of valid argument, it means they are totally out of arguments.
"They" could always use the "off topic!" argument. Or the "I don't care," argument. Perhaps the "not enough people involved" argument.

Or "they" could filibuster about religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177749 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Christ taught you that you should belittle another manís wife that you donít know..... right?
You like Jesus when he rags on your enemies eh?

Too funny!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#177750 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you agree that religion doesn't belong in a thread about MARRIAGE EQUALITY?
Don't you agree the GAY MARRIAGE RIGHTS logically lead to poly MARRIAGE RIGHTS?
P.S. Your ignorance and bigotry is glaringly obvious with the Mormon comment. Got any good ones against blacks? Hispanics? polyamorists?
oh sorry, that response was meant for bigot dope, im might need a rest, im sounding as stupid as andy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177751 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not just prisons, forced marriages in all institutions. The question of consent is at best, problematic, for prisoners. Same sex marriage would harm everyone, institutionalized or free.
If you have to dig that deep into a barrel of crap to come up with an arguemnt, it means you are out of arguments.

The argument you are useing could be used to say hetrosexual marrages should be illegal ( poorly of course, just as it is a poor argumnet as you are using it )
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177752 Jan 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>oh sorry, that response was meant for bigot dope, im might need a rest, im sounding as stupid as andy.
As long as he thinks Poly marriage is on topic... then he really has no case to say religion isnít a proper discussion topic here.

Religion has more do to with the opposition to same sex marriage than any other single factor.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177753 Jan 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>oh sorry, that response was meant for bigot dope, im might need a rest, im sounding as stupid as andy.
No prob. I could tell it was for the Bigot Dummy. So could he.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177754 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as he thinks Poly marriage is on topic... then he really has no case to say religion isnít a proper discussion topic here.
Religion has more do to with the opposition to same sex marriage than any other single factor.
Sure Big D, religion is on topic but marriage isn't. You keep trying to make us believe that.

But we'll be discussing the topic, MARRIAGE EQUALITY. Despite your "off topic!" straw man.

The only reason you say poly MARRIAGE is off topic is to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177755 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Big D, religion is on topic but marriage isn't. You keep trying to make us believe that.
But we'll be discussing the topic, MARRIAGE EQUALITY. Despite your "off topic!" straw man.
The only reason you say poly MARRIAGE is off topic is to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
No I am saying you can talk about Poly all you want, and I can talk about religion all I want.

No problem :)

and no one should be saying anything about "off-topic" to anyone else. If you agree to stop using that straw man argument again about Off-Topic all will be good, if you continue to use that straw man argument I will continue to laugh and throw it in your face as I please.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#177756 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the one who said mom, moron. I have no idea what is going on in that tiny little brain of yours, so I respond to what you post.
Riggers

Monrovia, CA

#177757 Jan 30, 2013
looks like the scum-bags have come up with another scheme to win?

Big laugh, they are hated enough already.

GOP Plan to 'Rig' Electoral Votes Loses Key Support.

The proposed system would make it easier for Republican presidential candidates to win.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#177759 Jan 30, 2013
Bruno wrote:
I like to lick everything meet me at the mall
Only those from Norwalk do that you stupid homo ... lol
Mocker

Novato, CA

#177760 Jan 30, 2013
Huh. It's like being a spectator at the Special Olympics.

Gay marriage is fine. It has nothing to do with religion. I'm not Catholic ergo, I couldn't get married (heterosexual) in a Catholic church. Nobody's forcing any religion to change its values.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177761 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am saying you can talk about Poly all you want, and I can talk about religion all I want.
No problem :)
and no one should be saying anything about "off-topic" to anyone else. If you agree to stop using that straw man argument again about Off-Topic all will be good, if you continue to use that straw man argument I will continue to laugh and throw it in your face as I please.
I don't care when you go off topic dumbass, the only reason I ever mention it to you is when you rag on me calling me "off topic" because you need to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.

Why not just come out and say you are against equality for poly? Why be a coward and pull the off topic card? Man up jackass.
Riggers

Monrovia, CA

#177762 Jan 30, 2013
The poor GOP, Republican and Tea Party worm is going to be eaten up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beam me up Scottie 5 hr guest 123
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr Macko mono 5,000
Neil Young files for divorce from Pegi Young 20 hr Lightning Linda 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 22 hr Tank ever 7,926
Trouble sleeping: a warning sign of suicide in ... Aug 27 Pharma Maims Kills 8
Tongan shot in US, grateful to Chinese Navy sur... Aug 27 Zorri 12
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••