Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,592)

Showing posts 151,821 - 151,840 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> Marriage brings stability, or do you wish to argue that fact, too?
Stable friendships are a prevailing government interest. Oh, I mean certain friendships are...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> Marriage brings stability, or do you wish to argue that fact, too?
LOL the act of preforming a marriage does not provide stability, that us nothing more than a traditional ceremony

It is the attitude toward a partnership and commitment of the people involved that provides stability.

My wife is not my property, she is my partner, my best friend,, and the one person that I could tell anything to.

My marriage is stable, and not because of some piece of paper.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm interested in equality. Sorry if you don't like equality for everyone, but that's kinda what it means.
Please improve your dopey ad hominem! Please! You can do much better. I've seen a spark of a sense of humor sometimes under all that NPD and anger.
WOO HOOO! Mona Lott!
Explain how you can whine about polygamy and monogamy at the same time.

"Interested in equality"..... THAT'S a laugh.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Stable friendships are a prevailing government interest. Oh, I mean certain friendships are...
Are you having a senior moment or a stroke?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL the act of preforming a marriage does not provide stability, that us nothing more than a traditional ceremony
It is the attitude toward a partnership and commitment of the people involved that provides stability.
My wife is not my property, she is my partner, my best friend,, and the one person that I could tell anything to.
My marriage is stable, and not because of some piece of paper.
Then why did you marry?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Then why did you marry?
We enjoyed the party, and wanted to have it, it is as much for our friends and family as for ourselves.

We spent more on the Honeymoon than we did the ceremony.

And there are legal ramifications it was a good idea to do at that point in our relationship

But that ceremony and that piece of paper does not make our marriage, we do.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that to mean you've never had any sexual satisfaction. No wonder you are such a bitter little kill joy.
A killjoy eh? You're the only killjoy here, a killjoy of yourself. You don't have any body you love who you can share sex as a sign of affection with, no wonder you seek it so many times. Poor child.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? "Let there be light".
Light, day and night before the sun was created in Gen 1:16.
It's clear they didn't know that day and night were caused by the rotation of section of the earth towards and away form the sun. It also seems they believed the moon produced its own light, and it's clear they believed the earth was flat, and the heavens were solid.
God refers to light coming from the stars, the moon, and the sun, never from anywhere else.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us a biblical prophesy that has come true.
Again, not one of the vague, "and there will be disease and war in various places" type of "prophesy". And no circular ones, prophesies both written and "fulfilled" in the buybull.
The bible doesn't need to say it. The prophecies were written for much beyond the times the bible was written. And the events of them exploding all over the world is good enough.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God refers to light coming from the stars, the moon, and the sun, never from anywhere else.
The your God is wrong

There is no light from the moon, only reflected light from the Sun, which is an unremarkable star nowhere near the center of our galaxy, and not a first generation one either, many stars are older than our sun.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how you can whine about polygamy and monogamy at the same time.
"Interested in equality"..... THAT'S a laugh.
It's not a football game. They are not opposing teams jackass! They are different forms of marriage all deserving of the same respect and consideration.

Yes. I'm interested in equality. And you're not. That's why you're mad.

Do your anti-poly rant again! "What about the children!"

HAR!HAR!HAR!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We enjoyed the party, and wanted to have it, it is as much for our friends and family as for ourselves.
We spent more on the Honeymoon than we did the ceremony.
And there are legal ramifications it was a good idea to do at that point in our relationship
But that ceremony and that piece of paper does not make our marriage, we do.
Yes, and gays can't have the reasons, and the the connections to marry and make it work. And what makes you think you are so special? You are a very poor stagnated individual who has to create his own ideas of the world throughout his own life! You already started to at a very young age and now you listen to your childish self from the past. What a worm! Pathetic!
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The your God is wrong
There is no light from the moon, only reflected light from the Sun, which is an unremarkable star nowhere near the center of our galaxy, and not a first generation one either, many stars are older than our sun.
Like Kirk Douglas and Zsa Zsa Gabor!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The your God is wrong
Getting more ideas again? How smart were you with your parents? A cheeky rascal were you? No wonder it was so hard for them to love you! The sunlight reflected off the moon, making it a great light! Cherrypicking again eh? Kids often do that, with themselves you see, lying to themselves to try to make sense of the world!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps that is what the Mexicans say of us?
LOL
My point is we are a nation of immigrants
You obviously do not know the difference between an immigrant and an ilegal intruder (squater)- uninvited on the low-down
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting more ideas again? How smart were you with your parents? A cheeky rascal were you? No wonder it was so hard for them to love you! The sunlight reflected off the moon, making it a great light! Cherrypicking again eh? Kids often do that, with themselves you see, lying to themselves to try to make sense of the world!
Not ideas, facts

You and your bible didnít seem to know, of course the people that wrote it didnít know at that time either, which is why they mention 4 corners of the earth that donít exist.

Why didnít he mention that our particular star is Billions of years younger than other stars, that it didnít actually exist at all until an older star existed, and exploded creating a shock wave that was instrumental in creating our solar system.

Many of the elements in our system could not exist in a first generation system you know, only from the remnants of an older star.

This is all established fact, not conjecture.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ideas, facts
You and your bible didnít seem to know, of course the people that wrote it didnít know at that time either, which is why they mention 4 corners of the earth that donít exist.
Why didnít he mention that our particular star is Billions of years younger than other stars, that it didnít actually exist at all until an older star existed, and exploded creating a shock wave that was instrumental in creating our solar system.
Many of the elements in our system could not exist in a first generation system you know, only from the remnants of an older star.
Same idiot who believes in the big bang! God written it for the ancient rednecks of the earth to understand.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ideas, facts
Same idiot who believes in the big bang! God written it for the ancient rednecks of the earth to understand.

"Not ideas, facts".

Thats what kids normally say when they thing they have figured it all out when they really don't understand their poorly based doctrines they make up in their own sillly little heads. Nice to see the sheltered dhildhood life you have carried into your later life.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not ideas, facts".
Thats what kids normally say when they thing they have figured it all out when they really don't understand their poorly based doctrines they make up in their own sillly little heads. Nice to see the sheltered dhildhood life you have carried into your later life.
You are so clueless

Do you know the Big Bang was first put forward from a religious astronomer, and considered it a triumph of religion when it was proved to be fact?

There is no doctrine, no belief that I cling to.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless
Do you know the Big Bang was first put forward from a religious astronomer, and considered it a triumph of religion when it was proved to be fact?
There is no doctrine, no belief that I cling to.
No, darwins mates did! The catholic church was against it, you moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,821 - 151,840 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Redwood City Forum right now

Search the Redwood City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Drifting to sleep 4,558
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr Beheheh 15,658
Burlingame drafts preservation ordinance: Progr... Thu Anson 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Naked Teenage Man Arrested For Bizarre Crime Sp... Apr 11 justaguess 18
Jump Rope Apr 10 Anonymous 1
•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search