Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,974

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
d w p

Wooster, OH

#171996 Dec 22, 2012
rose dose not no a thing it is in the good book all gays will go to hell i no i am not going to hell if i was gay i would have to kill my self u are sick
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

#171997 Dec 22, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat. There is no reason that incest marriage should not be allowed.
Or perhaps you have a reason it should not be allowed Mr. failed ad hominem? Please tell us what that is.
What a dope!
Where is the failed ad hominem? You used a double negative. Geez buddy....... talk about a dope.
Jane Pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

#171998 Dec 22, 2012
d w p wrote:
why can u guys seewha u are doing is not right o to church get some real help
No thanks. Now beat it.
SuckItUp

West Covina, CA

#171999 Dec 22, 2012
Bottled and kept corked it's fine with me.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#172000 Dec 22, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I support polygamy which of course includes polyandry. To assume polygamy only means polygyny is ignorant and bigoted.
And what's with the paranoia? Do I question your sincerity in supporting SSM? Why do you question mine in supporting group marriage?
I resent all your false accusations. I fully support marriage equality. Do you? It seems you do not. Tell us about it.
I can't believe you criticize me for not condemning non-gay marriage! I don't condemn any marriage gay or non-gay. Tell us which ones you condemn.
Are you really saying I should "condemn non-gay marriage"?
Your offense to my question was not my intent. However, I read your posts and I donít understand the inconsistency and Iím simply trying to understand your viewpoint. I understand you have a distain for hypocrisy and (for lack of a better word) you like to torment people who exhibit those tendencies however you also team up with ďRockĒ to attach people. This behavior makes me question your intent. Are you so convinced that in order to deserve Gay Marriage equality that Gay Americans have to support every form of marriage imaginable?
SuckItUp

West Covina, CA

#172001 Dec 22, 2012
Happy New Year.

Generation Y professionals entering the workforce are finding careers that once were gateways to high pay and upwardly mobile lives turning into detours and dead ends.

Merry Christmas to you too!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#172002 Dec 22, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a rational argument against gay marriage. I read enough to know that. You don't have to eat the whole egg to know it's rotten.
There just isn't a rational argument against gay marriage. If you don't like the idea, don't marry someone of the same sex. Gay marriage doesn't harm anybody, and it's a simple equal rights issue.
Get a job!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172003 Dec 22, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Your offense to my question was not my intent. However, I read your posts and I donít understand the inconsistency and Iím simply trying to understand your viewpoint. I understand you have a distain for hypocrisy and (for lack of a better word) you like to torment people who exhibit those tendencies however you also team up with ďRockĒ to attach people. This behavior makes me question your intent. Are you so convinced that in order to deserve Gay Marriage equality that Gay Americans have to support every form of marriage imaginable?
Torment is a good word. I like it.

So do you figure I'm tormenting that jackass "Big D" pretty good? With the Clinton impeachment schtick? He's hard to read.

Rock? Mr. Hudson? Oh! I get it! R. Hudson = Rock Hudson! The old actor. Good one! HA HA.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172004 Dec 22, 2012
Whatever happened to that "jazzybird58" jackass? Anybody know?

That guy with the tin foil hat. Straight but calls other men "sugar nipples". Can't spell. Poor grammar.
No sense of humor.

Guess he's done "pissing" on me!

HAR!HAR!HAR! What a jackass!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172005 Dec 22, 2012
SuckItUp wrote:
Happy New Year.
Generation Y professionals entering the workforce are finding careers that once were gateways to high pay and upwardly mobile lives turning into detours and dead ends.
Merry Christmas to you too!
http://www.hark.com/clips/fmmskpxsdp-cuckoo-c...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172006 Dec 22, 2012
Putinssed wrote:
Aren't you embarrassed by all by this silly post?
And you ask why I call you a Putin!
Priceless.
http://www.hark.com/clips/fmmskpxsdp-cuckoo-c...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172007 Dec 22, 2012
Jane Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the failed ad hominem? You used a double negative. Geez buddy....... talk about a dope.
Where is the double negative in my sentence?

"There is no reason that incest marriage should not be allowed."

It means what it says. Sound it out. Think hard.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172008 Dec 22, 2012
Jane Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. Now beat it.
Why don't you ever use a man's name Aida aka Sue aka Mona? Geez. Jane Pundenda. Creepy.
SuckItUp

West Covina, CA

#172009 Dec 22, 2012
This must be a case of 'ring around the collar.'
Chrisnris

Hesperia, CA

#172010 Dec 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes no daring, at all, to state what is right, and what is wrong. It is a desire to not see the societal fabric torn, beyond recognition. It is not any more hate and ignorance, to tell you that SSM is wrong, that it takes to tell a child that their behavior is wrong. Do you hate a child, when you are telling it "no" ? Of course not. Children occasionally need reminded, as do the gay segment of our population.
For thousands of years, a marriage has been defined as a relationship between a man and a woman that includes sexual intercourseóthe kind of act that can (but does not always) lead to the woman's pregnancy. A homosexual relationship, regardless of how enduring it is as a bond of loving commitment, does not and cannot include sexual intercourse leading to pregnancy. Thus it is not marriage.
Those who choose to live together in life-long homosexual relationships; or brothers and sisters who live together and take care of one another; or two friends of the same sex who are not sexually involved but share life together in the same homeóall of these may be free to live as they do, and they suffer no civil rights discrimination by not being identified as marriages. I do not deny your right to live with whoever you choose, i merely refuse to accept a lowering of the bar, in order to allow you to call your relationship "a marriage". It is not. It is a sham. If you wish to call it a marriage, you are voting for misidentification, and that sets precedents for changing anything, any portion of reality can be denied, and we have not come all this way, through the mist of time, simply to give in to libertines that wish to change reality.
Live with whoever you please, just don't expect it to be called a marriage, when the majority of us know differently. Until we all receive polls in the mail, no poll can claim to know how the majority of us feel about this issue. I do not believe anyone who claims that the majority of Americans support SSM, they are either liars, or misinformed. Any poll can be manipulated, through the use of carefully screened participants.

Well the state of california diagrees with your opinion because my wife and I have a marriage certificate from this state and we ARE legally married and not you or anyone else can take that right away from us.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#172011 Dec 22, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Torment is a good word. I like it.
So do you figure I'm tormenting that jackass "Big D" pretty good? With the Clinton impeachment schtick? He's hard to read.
Rock? Mr. Hudson? Oh! I get it! R. Hudson = Rock Hudson! The old actor. Good one! HA HA.
There are people who have knee-jerk responses on both sides of the Gay Marriage issue. And it may be a joy to poke fun at people who are emotionally charged on the issue, but, it is a serious issue and many Gay Americans have been abused (both physically and emotionally) simple because of who they love. Anti Gay Marriage opponents donít have the same (often times daily) reminders of how they are looked upon as second class citizens. Many haters post on these sites as a way of further marginalizing Gay Americans. Perhaps you can consider that as you are tormenting folks who have a real-life stake in the outcome. As far as the impeachment goes, who really cares.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#172014 Dec 23, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Roe V Wade was one of the better decisions the court has made, I expect they would like another as profound as that one was.
You donít understand, this is an appeal of a decision, there will be no new arguments, there will be no new evidence, there will be no new arguments. It will die by the arguments already presented in the lower courts.
The SCOUTS has contradicted itself numerous times through our history.
The only real questions is will it be the narrow decision ( the one I expect ) pertaining only to California, or the broader one ( the one I would like to see but donít expect ) pertaining to all 50 states.
It is an equal rights issue, the Federal government does have a say in equal rights and has exercised that authority many times.
This is why your opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
If the court wanted to keep this decision solely effecting California they wouldn't have taken the case, there was no need to as that is exactly what the 9th Circuit did.
There are only two possible outcomes. The SCOTUS overturns the 9th and ultimately Walkers decision or they make this a national issue. The real question is are they really ready for another Roe v Wade?
And, will the court contradict itself? Let's not forget they are also hearing the DOMA decision, which clearly states that the Federal Government has NO say in marriage laws, that it is an issue left to the States. In order to uphold the Prop 8 and the DOMA ruling they truly create a contradiction. On one hand you have the Federal Government regulating marriage through the federal court system, on the other you have them saying the federal government lack the power to regulate it?
Interesting situation the court has put itself in.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#172016 Dec 23, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery in this country always used to be by race, we changed that.
Interesting, how do you feel about the Black slave owners?

How about the Blacks who were getting rich selling people into slavery?

Doesn't seem like that much of a race issue at all when you stop looking at the world through Rose colored glasses where the white man is always to blame.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#172017 Dec 23, 2012
Chrisnris wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the state of california diagrees with your opinion because my wife and I have a marriage certificate from this state and we ARE legally married and not you or anyone else can take that right away from us.
If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what do you have?

The fact of the matter is, EVERYONE disagrees with you whether they want to or not. First and foremost, they see LESBIAN. A johnny come (very) lately silly attempt to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.

Even a child knows the difference between redumbant gendered couples and diverse gendered. Especially when one couple is mom and dad!

Science is quickly exposing the cause of homosexuality and will probably discover prevention, if not cure in our life time. Look up homosexuality and epigenetics for the latest.

But even more serious, I think you are beginning to understand that the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more obvious it is.

H2 makes twice as much hydrogen. O2 makes twice as much oxygen. H20 makes something totally distinct from the individual distinction, a life giving substance.

:-)

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172018 Dec 23, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
There are people who have knee-jerk responses on both sides of the Gay Marriage issue. And it may be a joy to poke fun at people who are emotionally charged on the issue, but, it is a serious issue and many Gay Americans have been abused (both physically and emotionally) simple because of who they love. Anti Gay Marriage opponents donít have the same (often times daily) reminders of how they are looked upon as second class citizens. Many haters post on these sites as a way of further marginalizing Gay Americans. Perhaps you can consider that as you are tormenting folks who have a real-life stake in the outcome. As far as the impeachment goes, who really cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr scoop 2,273
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 16 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 21 hr Pizza 16,000
How would you like to/be proposed? Wed Hopeless Romantic 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy coming... Wed malloryciliberti 1
Why some high-tech parents want low-tech kids Sep 16 Ray Ban 1
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
•••
•••