Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,681 - 143,700 of 200,351 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Ask me who I am and I”

Since: Sep 12

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Michael Clark Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodomy a crime? LOL,I guess you missed that Supreme court decision almost 40 years ago(1973) that declared all sodomy laws in all 50 states Unconstitutional! Besides there are far more of US heterosexuals planking our girlfriends and wives from behind than all gays put together! Um....Ok,what ever you say buddy,I guess a good 34% of the population will be going to prison then? LOL
Heterosexuals and anal sex
nymag.com/nightlife/mating/25988/
Or.....
More heterosexuals and anal sex!
http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexinformation/...
Really, then how come the gay activists are tying to repeal a ban in the military on sodomy bestiality? Are they thinking about straights, gays or dogs?

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
btw, most lgbt are about the highest class of people ive ever met...
im guessing you dont know many gay folks...
babaly already know some, but just dont know their gay yet.
Maybe, you need a better class of people. Unfortunately, for you, gays and studies show that the gay community has the highest crime rate, highest domestic violence, higher rate of sexism and racism, high suicide and 80% of all AIDS cases. But, I guess you know the 5 good gays, since you want us to believe your bubble.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Our sympathy (at least on the ground) WAS with the powerless, The Kuwaitis, remember them ?
Remember getting ol Qaddafi off the Libyan seat of power last year, as requested by the same Libyans, who, a year later, kill us with glee ? Have you ever served ? No, you haven't, so don't even start to lie, you funkin coward. You've never worn our colors into a hot zone, so don't even star to disparage our feelings, parasite.
call me when WE get invaded bluster face.

funking?? what about the spelling thing??

oh it is saturday night in red neck land....

...and you are just a confused person....

your fighting for acountry that doesnt really share your veiws...

I dont share bushes veiws(or clintonbama;s) about invading countries...

i guess you just went off and gleeful swallowed all this tripe??

the wars were compleately manufactured.....

I hope you didnt lose anything.

the end result?? quagmires that the democrats have to clean up??

and romney is just advertising more war.

ryan said so much last week at the debate.

I dont take mikes sentiment on libya seriously because of the timing.

Idont think he(or you) was the least bit sorry when the US trampled over everybodies human rights in the region...back in 01 and 03.

I dont support any military action at all 10000 miles away...

Iraq looked like hitleresque rape to the rest of the world, that is why they didnt join us. smart.

none of it was needed, and it all could have been avoided.

war is the last option, and bush violated that sacred pact that the military is to be used a last option, not a first strike initiative....

especially since we found out saddam DIDNT have a bomb.

just pathetic!!

then bush left the economy in wreckage.

bad republican, no whitehouse!!!

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
In the first place it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread! In the second place your statement if false! In the third place this is why Prop 8 is and will always be Unconstitutional in the state of California and ruled so by 2 courts now! Marriage equality is about to be the law of the land in California very soon again! And here is why! Don't you just hate it when that pesky OL Constitution gets in your way! Try refuting the link or STFU and do try to stay ON topic please! LOL
Why Prop 8 is Unconstitutional
www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments/
Emotions are one thing, but your lies are another. Since, Nov 2008 Prop 8 has not only been constitutional on a federal level, it is the California state constitution. All you have is about to, but sorry, Justice Scalia tried to warn and advise you, marriage equality which means no same sex marriage, is about to be the law of the land in the US.

Why Prop 8 is constitutional?
Because Prop 8 is the California constitution. So,what about on the federal level, well as the Supreme Court says, the gays need 3/4 states or 38 to change the US constitution.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, you need a better class of people. Unfortunately, for you, gays and studies show that the gay community has the highest crime rate, highest domestic violence, higher rate of sexism and racism, high suicide and 80% of all AIDS cases. But, I guess you know the 5 good gays, since you want us to believe your bubble.
let me guess, your getting your statistics from inside the right wing social conservative talk info bubble.

we in the real world think of that as a fantsy realm, where just about anything can be claimed(and usually is)

it is sad to see a women as a bigot...

but it happens!!

all the people in my life have different strengths and weaknesses..

and it is no different for gays....

but youll have to validate that claim on gay crime, because it is BS.......... pathetic!!

you just cant handle other peoples lifestyles? and that was your arguement?? pathetic.

do better next time.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Emotions are one thing, but your lies are another. Since, Nov 2008 Prop 8 has not only been constitutional on a federal level, it is the California state constitution. All you have is about to, but sorry, Justice Scalia tried to warn and advise you, marriage equality which means no same sex marriage, is about to be the law of the land in the US.
Why Prop 8 is constitutional?
Because Prop 8 is the California constitution. So,what about on the federal level, well as the Supreme Court says, the gays need 3/4 states or 38 to change the US constitution.
let me guess...

you come from the crowd who willing to hide behind state9or federal) law when it is convienient...

but if medical marijuana comes up??

youll proabably say....."why that is against federal law"

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
theyll never understand what civil rights are.
I loved michael in the green mile and "the island"
I was very sorry to see him go.
my condolences
No, you will not ever understand what civil rights are, which is why gays are more racist against blacks than found in the general population. Gays still have no blacks allowed gay bars, gay bath houses and gay private clubs. You freaks have burned or fire bombed over 80 black churches, and in Jan 2009 you even disrupted Ebeneezer Baptist Church in Atlanta. You know, MLK's own church.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Really, then how come the gay activists are tying to repeal a ban in the military on sodomy bestiality? Are they thinking about straights, gays or dogs?
equating bestiality with being gay only makes you look REALLY ignorant...

just sayin, guy dont like that.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
let me guess, your getting your statistics from inside the right wing social conservative talk info bubble.
we in the real world think of that as a fantsy realm, where just about anything can be claimed(and usually is)
it is sad to see a women as a bigot...
but it happens!!
all the people in my life have different strengths and weaknesses..
and it is no different for gays....
but youll have to validate that claim on gay crime, because it is BS.......... pathetic!!
you just cant handle other peoples lifestyles? and that was your arguement?? pathetic.
do better next time.
Try this, I get my info straight from the CDC. Try it. Yeah, how often lesbians are bigots and hate blacks and men. It was you who claimed some correlation of goodness to gays, based on some alleged gays you know. Sorry, I deal with real records, gay on gay crimes. Check this one out, and check all your lies at the gay bar. Matthew Shepard was killed by his gay lover, McKinney, for drugs and money. Yes, 20/20 did the real story in 2004 and he prosecutor confirmed. But, you gays wanted to hate, so you abused Matthews memory for a hate crime bill based on a gay murderer.

Sorry, little girl, do not project your menial mind onto me. I, not you, have many friends of many backgrounds, and we do not have to agree, which is the case with some of my gay friends, and some of the gays are opposed to your monocentric view of gays.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
equating bestiality with being gay only makes you look REALLY ignorant...
just sayin, guy dont like that.
Why do you hate gays? The ban is called USC.925.Art.125 and it was actually gay groups and Obama who equated the ban on sodomy people and sodomy animals with gay rights. Nov. and Dec. 2011. Do some research and stop your bigotry and hate.

By the way, you are either 12 or illiterate, so which is it.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
let me guess...
you come from the crowd who willing to hide behind state9or federal) law when it is convienient...
but if medical marijuana comes up??
youll proabably say....."why that is against federal law"
I am against marijuana period and illegal immigration, if you must know. The operative word is illegal, and yes, I do have friends who are here illegally.

Go back to school.

Spelling lesson:

convenient
you'll
probably
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
In the first place it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread! In the second place your statement if false!
In other words you don't want to talk about it. Who cares if Obama neglected a gay man in Libya. Yes he was raped, but he was already dead, so i guess that doesn't count for you. My second statement was true.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself, cupcake, you don't represent any man at all.
I like her already.
bigoted birds of a feather??
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I am against marijuana period and illegal immigration, if you must know. The operative word is illegal, and yes, I do have friends who are here illegally.
Go back to school.
Spelling lesson:
convenient
you'll
probably
so in other words.....

federal law is only used when convienient??

you typical teabuttlicker...

who can take you seriously

ps: federal law applies to applying the constitution....that is it!!
Winston Smith

Pikesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and that sure beats stabbing ass, any day of the week. Wipe the jizz off now....
What does, having a need to lie to complete strangers about the sexy woman you want others to believe you're bagging? The tune that pops into my head at this point in time is an oldie by ARS. Imaginary lover. Lemme know if you heard it in your youth...
Winston Smith

Pikesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiots are amazing. Who would of thought that a post which claims DOMA is unconstitutional would get 6 poor judge-its??
Goes to show that you are all just a bunch of sheep who can't think for yourselves.
Ya know what AK? You and I differ in regards to which one of the two possibilities we're going to have as the next POTUS. What I'd be willing to wager is that the two of us are of the mind that the choices are dismal. And this is nothing new - in reality it is so old it is expected.
Winston Smith

Pikesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Obammy's rescinding of Clintons "don't ask, don't tell" opened the door for the lesbians in the US Army, one of whom was ogling my niece in the shower from a tree the day before her grauation from Boot Camp. Answer that...Leching from a tree and denying same. True Story.
Whether or not your story is true, it isn't beyond reality to think that it is. OTOH, it isn't a valid argument against a policy that doesn't examine members of the military through a looking glass that attempts to be a screen for sexual preference. There are plenty of stories involving sexual impropriety directed toward young female troops by men in the armed forces. That it occurs betweem men in the role of superior against women in subordinate military ranks is no argument against heterosexuality. Why should sane people accept the counterpart as evidence against homosexualit?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know what AK? You and I differ in regards to which one of the two possibilities we're going to have as the next POTUS. What I'd be willing to wager is that the two of us are of the mind that the choices are dismal. And this is nothing new - in reality it is so old it is expected.
We have a choice? I'm still looking for the difference.

At least Romney said the words- "State Right" a few times during the debate, thought I feel he had to hold back a chuckle each time he did so.

So I guess he has that going for him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not your story is true, it isn't beyond reality to think that it is. OTOH, it isn't a valid argument against a policy that doesn't examine members of the military through a looking glass that attempts to be a screen for sexual preference. There are plenty of stories involving sexual impropriety directed toward young female troops by men in the armed forces. That it occurs betweem men in the role of superior against women in subordinate military ranks is no argument against heterosexuality. Why should sane people accept the counterpart as evidence against homosexualit?
The only issue/concern I see with the tossing of DADT is the effect it will have on housing.

We know that homosexuals have served honorably for, well, forever. So one is hard pressed to find any reason why one should be allowed to serve openly.

The only part which concerned me was the housing of troops. In Basic there are many troops housed in open bays together. In that situation we separate male from female for obvious reasons. We do the same in the dormitories and tents.

This was simple when gender was the only issue, as sexual orientation was assumed- albeit foolishly. The answer isn't as simple when we are dealing with homosexuality. How should they be segregated? Or should they?

I don't really know the answer to this question, and one could say since there have been no issues, publicly at least, that it is a non-issue. But I am not so sure that the lack of issues doesn't have more to do with homosexuals self-employing their own DADT policy?

But I do agree that sexual harassment occurs in both the heterosexual and homosexual community, and is not an argument either for or against this policy. But it did seem simpler when the answer was simply the separation of the sexes, which could be employed to at least attempt to quell and head off the issue before it occurred.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

****We know that homosexuals have served honorably for, well, forever. So one is hard pressed to find any reason why one should be allowed to serve openly.****

Should have read:

We know that homosexuals have served honorably for, well, forever. So one is hard pressed to find any reason why one shouldn't be allowed to serve openly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE