Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,184)

Showing posts 143,661 - 143,680 of200,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

you cant possibly understand the huge difference bewteen spreading love on these threads as opposed to living to put down people for their lifestyle.

I feel much pity for you sir backwoods.
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
If anyone didn't realize that Obama is the most arrogant U.S. President ever, they certainly should now. And he will hang ANYONE out to dry to further his intensely personal ambitions - his "dreams" from his father. Ambassador Stevens learned that the hard way.
Obama let the gay man suffer in Libya. Look what they did to his body.
still stuck in bengazi huh???

ill book you a flight home.....eh?

the next debate is just days away....

you need to get back to reality.

romney/rand hit Obama on china....

id expect obama to hit him back...

on the outsourcing thing!!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

In late May, Wash. DC-based investigative journalist Wayne Madsen had a bombshell revelation about Obama’s membership in a Chicago gay club, Man’s Country. Madsen also reported on Obama’s sexual relationships with other men, including named D.C. politicians and Donald Young, the openly-gay choir-director of the church in Chicago of which Obama was a member for some 20 years — Jeremy Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ black liberation theology. Obama’s relationship with Young was confirmed by Larry Sinclair, who claims to have had two sex-cocaine trysts with Obama.

There were two other openly gay men in Wright’s church: Larry Bland and Nate Spencer. In late 2007, as Obama began his ascent to be the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee, in a span of 1½ months, all three men “conveniently” died:

Bland was murdered execution-style on November 17, 2007;
Young was murdered execution-style on December 24, 2007;
Spencer reportedly died of septicemia, pneumonia, and HIV on December 26, 2007.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2010/0...
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
In late May, Wash. DC-based investigative journalist Wayne Madsen had a bombshell revelation about Obama’s membership in a Chicago gay club, Man’s Country. Madsen also reported on Obama’s sexual relationships with other men, including named D.C. politicians and Donald Young, the openly-gay choir-director of the church in Chicago of which Obama was a member for some 20 years — Jeremy Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ black liberation theology. Obama’s relationship with Young was confirmed by Larry Sinclair, who claims to have had two sex-cocaine trysts with Obama.
There were two other openly gay men in Wright’s church: Larry Bland and Nate Spencer. In late 2007, as Obama began his ascent to be the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee, in a span of 1½ months, all three men “conveniently” died:
Bland was murdered execution-style on November 17, 2007;
Young was murdered execution-style on December 24, 2007;
Spencer reportedly died of septicemia, pneumonia, and HIV on December 26, 2007.
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2010/0...
so now obama, after recinding clinton's, "dont ask dont tell"??

is murdering vocal gay men in his church??, or having them killed??

I love to follow you around topix, and see which flavor of loonatic you can conjure up for each particular subject/thread.

this one is as good as the martha raddztz/joe biden conspiracy!!

or the polls are rigged conspiracy...

damn liberal media!!!

LOL! ;)
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

fellowship of minds....

now i know where you get every little peice of loony right wing trash.

the list of stories were basically a list of your last twenty posts......

how lame.....

youre like a robot of the right.
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir Buffoon,
Do you actually believe that you are spreading love(LOL) on this site ? Then, I submit, pity yourself and your backwoods bumpkin views. For you have truly been robbed of reality.
good point....with just responding to you, I am forced to point out human weakness, instead of strength...

since Im not gonna get to know your nice side....

ill just say that tolarance and love towards those, who are vastly different from us, is crucial to move conciousness forward on this planet.....

you wouldnt understand I guess.

that I why i dont spew hate at you, just pity.

calling you a bigot is just stating the truth.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Glad it's Saturday.
Smokin Joe

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, hudson, when you use a sock puppet, don't make it so obvious.
BTW, your racial slur has been reported.
WTF!!! I'm not Hudson and where was the racial slut you are reffering to you stupid shit???? burn that race card it doesn't work here

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
being a states rights activist, id have to agree with you..
except it isnt just an issue like alcohol usage, gamblimg, medical pot, or bunny ranches.
it is a civil rights issue.
that is where ill let the fedreal government tell the most bigoted steas what to do...
we all must have the same rights from state to state...or our country is just a patchwork of heehaw republics!! do you want that?
marriage should be fedreally protected right for everyone...including the LGBT community ...voting is also a right...
I take offense to the purgeing of voter rolls....good thing the federal courts are stepping in and shooting down the bigots...
Yawn...

You can stomp your feet all you like about how it should be, how you want it to be, and how you feel- it doesn't change facts.

Marriage is a State issue, plane and simple. Don't like it, I suggest you draft an Amendment for ratification consideration.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>

we all must have the same rights from state to state...or our country is just a patchwork of heehaw republics!! do you want that?
That is exactly what we are, you must have completely slept through US history.

I suggest you pick up a copy of the Federalist Papers, though I doubt you could comprehend it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

you cant possibly understand the huge difference bewteen spreading love on these threads as opposed to living to put down people for their lifestyle.
I feel much pity for you sir backwoods.
You don't seem to be spreading any love to the families of those Americans raped, tortured and killed in Benghazi.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
still stuck in bengazi huh???
ill book you a flight home.....eh?
You don't seem to understand the loved ones of those Americans tortured and killed cannot simply book a flight home.
Michael Clark Duncan

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to be spreading any love to the families of those Americans raped, tortured and killed in Benghazi.
In the first place it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread! In the second place your statement if false! In the third place this is why Prop 8 is and will always be Unconstitutional in the state of California and ruled so by 2 courts now! Marriage equality is about to be the law of the land in California very soon again! And here is why! Don't you just hate it when that pesky OL Constitution gets in your way! Try refuting the link or STFU and do try to stay ON topic please! LOL

Why Prop 8 is Unconstitutional

www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments/

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Michael Clark Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first place it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread! In the second place your statement if false! In the third place this is why Prop 8 is and will always be Unconstitutional in the state of California and ruled so by 2 courts now! Marriage equality is about to be the law of the land in California very soon again! And here is why! Don't you just hate it when that pesky OL Constitution gets in your way! Try refuting the link or STFU and do try to stay ON topic please! LOL
Aw shuddup Bill you big dope. You don't know what I support you old silly fool.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you are not so far from getting to know my good side, in spite of the Hitler jibe, and "Deliverance", always a crowd pleaser...Tolerance and love are in short supply around here, granted, moving consciousness forward sounds nice, as far as platitudes go, but in the spirit of keeping reality in the forefront, the gays show little of the altruitistic qualities that they demand of us, witness rose-noho....
crowd pleaser??

more of a crowd turn off, from what I can see from the feedback you are getting!!

but to each his own, if that is the way you show love.

all i can surmise from your last statement is that a gay person has never been kind to you....

i wonder why???(not)
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Michael Clark Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
theyll never understand what civil rights are.

I loved michael in the green mile and "the island"

I was very sorry to see him go.

my condolences
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually am very sorry....

but im not buying YOU freaks on the right being sorry about an embassy that wouldnt have been much of a blip on the radar(esp for you isolationists) if it werrnt for an election being less than a month away...

im sure you were rooting and cheering as the bushites invaded IRAQ.

where was your simpathy for the powerless then??

same deal with BUsh';s invasion of afghanistan...

im sure you were crying rivers(not)
Michael Clark Duncan

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, batshyte, "that pesky OL Constitution" makes no provision for allowing sodomy, which is a crime, refute THAT or try to STFU yerself....
Sodomy a crime? LOL,I guess you missed that Supreme court decision almost 40 years ago(1973) that declared all sodomy laws in all 50 states Unconstitutional! Besides there are far more of US heterosexuals planking our girlfriends and wives from behind than all gays put together! Um....Ok,what ever you say buddy,I guess a good 34% of the population will be going to prison then? LOL

Heterosexuals and anal sex

nymag.com/nightlife/mating/25988/

Or.....

More heterosexuals and anal sex!

http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexinformation/...
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...
You can stomp your feet all you like about how it should be, how you want it to be, and how you feel- it doesn't change facts.
Marriage is a State issue, plane and simple. Don't like it, I suggest you draft an Amendment for ratification consideration.
\

read slower
eventually when gay rights are actaully recognized by the federal government, they will add it to the constiution...

but many states will join those that have already made the plunge. like mass and vt.

it is great to see barney frank getting married as he retires from a long career of public service.

dont fight it, it is just natural for people to be different..
I beg you show tolerance.
no?

then enjoy irrelevancy, as those who just want to be treated the same as you, fight for(and gain) their rights!!

it has happened before, and equality will happen again..
why do you fools on the right, have to be on the wrong side of history all the time....

just look at all the progress on gay rights in the past 20 years!

huge!!

same with medicinal marijuana.

attitudes are changing....
dont be left behind!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>\
read slower
eventually when gay rights are actaully recognized by the federal government, they will add it to the constiution...\
You really have no idea how things are added to the Constitution do you?

And I see you still can't spell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 143,661 - 143,680 of200,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Redwood City Discussions

Search the Redwood City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 23 min summons 4,861
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr sloading 7,817
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 16 hr The right is wrong 2,225
Girl Scouts Find Baby Bobcat in Need of Medical... Sat smeer 1
Another Mountain Lion Spotted Near San Mateo Fri Netlord 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
sex Jul 10 Smeer 1
•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search