Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,147

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#162999 Oct 14, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>\
read slower
eventually when gay rights are actaully recognized by the federal government, they will add it to the constiution...
but many states will join those that have already made the plunge. like mass and vt.
it is great to see barney frank getting married as he retires from a long career of public service.
dont fight it, it is just natural for people to be different..
I beg you show tolerance.
no?
then enjoy irrelevancy, as those who just want to be treated the same as you, fight for(and gain) their rights!!
it has happened before, and equality will happen again..
why do you fools on the right, have to be on the wrong side of history all the time....
just look at all the progress on gay rights in the past 20 years!
huge!!
same with medicinal marijuana.
attitudes are changing....
dont be left behind!
There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.

It is a simple denial of reality,

A foolish attempt to impose an imposter relationship on the single and only birthplace of every single other type of relationship.

Attitudes change for right and wrong reasons and there will always be idiots.

Location hidden

#163000 Oct 14, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, there is no need for separate berthing just because someone is Gay or Lesbian......that would be the same thing as when we separated troops based solely on skin color.
Gay men and straight men should be grown-up enough to handle the situation, besides.....it's not like Gay men are attracted or will hit on straight men and if straight men think they will, well, they shouldn't flatter themselves!!!
So you are saying that homosexuals don't have the same degree of sexual attraction that heterosexuals do? So it is fair that heterosexuals are segregated, but okay for homosexuals to not be?

You are saying that there is no risk of rape by homosexuals (in a overtly authoritarian setting), like the current problem in the military with heterosexual rape?

In my opinion, you are a lying idiot. Your gay twirl puts our nation and military at risk.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#163001 Oct 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that homosexuals don't have the same degree of sexual attraction that heterosexuals do? So it is fair that heterosexuals are segregated, but okay for homosexuals to not be?
You are saying that there is no risk of rape by homosexuals (in a overtly authoritarian setting), like the current problem in the military with heterosexual rape?
In my opinion, you are a lying idiot. Your gay twirl puts our nation and military at risk.
It's fair that the genders are segregated, if that was what you were getting at!!!

Did my post mention rape at all? I don't believe it did!!!

I know.....everyone who makes a post that you don't like makes it some gay twist or twirl.....what a true idiot you are!!!

Gays and Lesbians DON'T put our Nation or our Military at Risk.......but people like you should be considered a threat to National Security!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#163002 Oct 14, 2012
Jeeeesuuus christ!!! Don't you ever git tired of the damned sock routine??

WTF!!!
LIE Buster
Oscar Wilde 1->
Jedi 1->
mirror mirror
Martin T >
"Martina" T>
Chunky
Doctor 1->
Judge Monitor >
Gate Keeper 1->
Yadda Yadda Yadda Yadda Yadda???

Like I said kid-
Grow ta hell up!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#163003 Oct 14, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Jeeeesuuus christ!!! Don't you ever git tired of the damned sock routine??
WTF!!!
LIE Buster
Oscar Wilde 1->
Jedi 1->
mirror mirror
Martin T >
"Martina" T>
Chunky
Doctor 1->
Judge Monitor >
Gate Keeper 1->
Yadda Yadda Yadda Yadda Yadda???
Like I said kid-
Grow ta hell up!!!
You ask to much of that particular poster......lol:-)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#163004 Oct 14, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask to much of that particular poster......lol:-)
This guy is a nut case!
==========
@ Martina Navratilover

This is a guy by the way.

You should have never posted under my handle, let alone on multiple threads.
You should have never changed my posts on those threads.
I don't do it to anyone else, and I won't stand for anyone doing it to me.
It is against TOS rules for obvious reasons.

You have crossed the line, and you will suffer the consequences.

YOU did it-not me.

You NEVER learn

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#163005 Oct 14, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy is a nut case!
==========
@ Martina Navratilover
This is a guy by the way.
You should have never posted under my handle, let alone on multiple threads.
You should have never changed my posts on those threads.
I don't do it to anyone else, and I won't stand for anyone doing it to me.
It is against TOS rules for obvious reasons.
You have crossed the line, and you will suffer the consequences.
YOU did it-not me.
You NEVER learn
I know......sad and pathetic that one!!!

Location hidden

#163006 Oct 14, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fair that the genders are segregated, if that was what you were getting at!!!
Did my post mention rape at all? I don't believe it did!!!
I know.....everyone who makes a post that you don't like makes it some gay twist or twirl.....what a true idiot you are!!!
Gays and Lesbians DON'T put our Nation or our Military at Risk.......but people like you should be considered a threat to National Security!!!
Honey, go back and read what I wrote slowly. Think about it before you respond. Then think about again before you respond.

Here is some help;

-Genders are separated because of orientation.

-You are right, you didn't mention rape. You sanitized the issue by talking about 'gays and straights behaving'. My point is they don't and are not. There are already cases where gays in authority have violated their position. Or, maybe you missed the Navy vet politician who talked about 'pillow fights' with his subordinates BEFORE the repeal of DADT! Not to mention the horrendous problem with heterosexual rape occurring right now because of the mix of heterosexuals in the military setting.

The distinction of how the female POW was dealt at the beginning of the war with Iraq and male POW's since is a example of unintended and unplanned consequences that these idiotic decisions incur.

Your blissful and deliberate ignorance is putting the US at risk and makes you a traitor.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#163007 Oct 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, go back and read what I wrote slowly. Think about it before you respond. Then think about again before you respond.
Here is some help;
-You are right, you didn't mention rape. You sanitized the issue by talking about 'gays and straights behaving'. My point is they don't and are not. There are already cases where gays in authority have violated their position. Or, maybe you missed the Navy vet politician who talked about 'pillow fights' with his subordinates BEFORE the repeal of DADT! Not to mention the horrendous problem with heterosexual rape occurring right now because of the mix of heterosexuals in the military setting.
The distinction of how the female POW was dealt at the beginning of the war with Iraq and male POW's since is a example of unintended and unplanned consequences that these idiotic decisions incur.
Your blissful and deliberate ignorance is putting the US at risk and makes you a traitor.
Genders are separated STRICTLY because of the physical difference......nothing to do with their sexual orientation!!!

They actually do and can behave........and I was HARDLY sanitizing anything......as for your comment about Gays in authority violating their position......that has been happening by males in authority towards women for over 40 years......so, please don't make it sound as one is worse than the other.....both are equally wrong!!!
You have some proof to back up this story that was told, right?

Have you served? or are you just talking BS out of your azz?
DorN

La Puente, CA

#163008 Oct 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
If men and women were quartered together, pregnancy would result.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163009 Oct 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
It is a simple denial of reality,
A foolish attempt to impose an imposter relationship on the single and only birthplace of every single other type of relationship.
Attitudes change for right and wrong reasons and there will always be idiots.
Ive seen two gay guys together many times......

it doesnt seem like they are in denial to me ...

by being together I dont think they are "imposing" anything on you.

try to explain that one a little better(but ill bet you cannot)

yes there will always be idiots...

those who cant roll with the changes (because of phony religious values) are the first to come to mind.

and from another lame post of yours??

people in power abusing their power??

ive never heard of that happening before(sarc)
I cant believe a gay guy was the first to abuse his power(sarc)

you sound a little sheltered.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163010 Oct 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some help;
so now we're traitors because we want parity for those who serve.??
you need to pull yow head outa yow azzz..

Im sure id cringe to hear any more of your arcane values.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163012 Oct 14, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The only issue/concern I see with the tossing of DADT is the effect it will have on housing.
We know that homosexuals have served honorably for, well, forever. So one is hard pressed to find any reason why one should be allowed to serve openly.
The only part which concerned me was the housing of troops. In Basic there are many troops housed in open bays together. In that situation we separate male from female for obvious reasons. We do the same in the dormitories and tents.
This was simple when gender was the only issue, as sexual orientation was assumed- albeit foolishly. The answer isn't as simple when we are dealing with homosexuality. How should they be segregated? Or should they?
I don't really know the answer to this question, and one could say since there have been no issues, publicly at least, that it is a non-issue. But I am not so sure that the lack of issues doesn't have more to do with homosexuals self-employing their own DADT policy?
But I do agree that sexual harassment occurs in both the heterosexual and homosexual community, and is not an argument either for or against this policy. But it did seem simpler when the answer was simply the separation of the sexes, which could be employed to at least attempt to quell and head off the issue before it occurred.
wow you finally hit the nail on the head!!

since we havnt heard of any instances of problems from gay soldiers bunking with straight soldiers??

you can pretty much chalk it up to a "nontroversy"....(li ke the nyc mosque)...

if I had a dollar for every thing that rightwing thought was gonna end up being a huge issue(but wasnt) id be ready to retire.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#163013 Oct 14, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
theyll never understand what civil rights are.
I loved michael in the green mile and "the island"
I was very sorry to see him go.
my condolences
You say "theyll never understand what civil rights are". Well help us out then. Are you claiming it's not against civil rights to murder our citizens in Benghazi but it is to deny someone gay marriage?

Is that what you're saying toots?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163015 Oct 14, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually am very sorry....
but im not buying YOU freaks on the right being sorry about an embassy that wouldnt have been much of a blip on the radar(esp for you isolationists) if it werrnt for an election being less than a month away...
im sure you were rooting and cheering as the bushites invaded IRAQ.
where was your simpathy for the powerless then??
same deal with BUsh';s invasion of afghanistan...
im sure you were crying rivers(not)
"On the right" So you have my politics all figured out? Based on what toots?

Geez lady you're barely literate. It makes your posts look even dumber than they are.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163016 Oct 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You say "theyll never understand what civil rights are". Well help us out then. Are you claiming it's not against civil rights to murder our citizens in Benghazi but it is to deny someone gay marriage?
Is that what you're saying toots?
well on this particular issue, mike, civil rights are all that matter......we dont veiw the lgbts issue(s) as a moral issue, but a civil rights issue....

this is what iwas getting at, first the right needs to drop the moral thing!! because it is a religious veiw, and our founding fathers??(whether you wanted them to or not) didnt want the church represented in congress....

but here we are, 236 later??

one side of the aisle is unduely influence by religion...

and with regards to libya?? im very sorry for those families??

but you didnt answer my question did you??

what was your mood during shock and awe?? when millions of iraqs were being terrorized and (some)killed??

bush started an un-needed, fabricated war, that left iraq in civil war.

the death toll is disputed, but if you averaged out the estimates of iraq's killed??

it is around 100000 dead.

why did we need to go to iraq?? WMD?? NON existant!

when you key in on that bengazi incident just weeks before an election??

while showing only war monger bluster, during offensive moves by the Us miltary???(like chanting usa, usa, as innocent civy's die?)
no one(with half a brain) can take you seriously.

just sayin
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163017 Oct 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
"On the right" So you have my politics all figured out? Based on what toots?
Geez lady you're barely literate. It makes your posts look even dumber than they are.
I like how you assume im female, because I explain things a little more than you do....

you should try to explain your foriegn policy veiws if you are going to bluster about libya here...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163018 Oct 14, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how you assume im female, because I explain things a little more than you do....
you should try to explain your foriegn policy veiws if you are going to bluster about libya here...
I assume someone with the name "Lyin Ayn Ryan" is female, silly me.

You assume you know all about my politics based on my sympathy for American citizens killed in Libya. That's dumb.
Winston Smith

Falls Church, VA

#163019 Oct 14, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a choice? I'm still looking for the difference.
Depressing isn't it?
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#163020 Oct 14, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
what was your mood during shock and awe?? when millions of iraqs were being terrorized and (some)killed??
bush started an un-needed, fabricated war, that left iraq in civil war.
But you like joe Biden and Hillary Clinton, they both voted for the Iraq war. Here are some more YEA votes: Baucus (MT) Bayh (IN) Biden (DE) Breaux (LA)Cantwell (WA) Carnahan (MO) Carper (DE) Cleland (GA) Clinton (NY) Daschle (SD) Dodd (CT) Dorgan (ND) Edwards (NC) Feinstein (CA) Harkin (IA) Hollings (SC) Johnson (SD) Kerry (MA) Kohl (WI) Landrieu (LA) Lieberman (CT) Lincoln (AR) Miller (GA) Nelson (FL) Nelson (NE) Reid (NV) Rockefeller (WV) Schumer (NY) Torricelli (NJ)

Obama doesn't bother with his intelligence briefings. If he had, he might have noticed that 48 hours before the attack there were credible reports of an attack, according to news stories.
The Marines on guard were unarmed -- another Obama administration policy, so as not to offend the barbarians who want to murder as many Jews and Americans as they can.
The Libyan guards entrusted to protect our diplomats apparently were in on the plot, and ran when the shooting started.
It was also clear that the barbarians knew the location of a safe house for our diplomats.
All of it was timed for Sept. 11.
The cover story was supposed outrage over some goofy movie. That just doesn't fit the facts.
The mobs burned and looted the building, taking secret documents that may expose Libyans who have helped America, and other vital information, to our enemies.
Afterward, a confused Obama, trying to bluster his way through, said Egypt was not our ally, which his own State Department had to "clarify." They are.
This Keystone Kops performance would be funny if it were not for the lives lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Night... 19 hr Ashik love 2
Indias Independence Day Celebration Mon Maheed Delhi 1
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375
Review: Truck Road Service Repair Dec 10 Michael 1
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Dec 1 Arabia 111
Intimate Photos From the Golden Age of Silicon ... Nov '14 Iknow 2
Which cheap and legit site to buy fifa 15 coins? Nov '14 Novialee 1

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match