Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,180)

Showing posts 143,581 - 143,600 of199,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You never had any effect on the marriage of heteros, but your legislation paves the way for our kids to be taught to accept and embrace something that is wrong. Period.
Rose's Law...
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

No end in sight, but you can keep trying.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
How far up your butt do you have to go to pull that kind of conspiracy out?
How far up your ass can't you dispute the facts? Pull the plug out. Facts are not a conspiracy unless your head is in Biden's butt.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
quite far....
since ryan lost the debate??
there obviously has to be a conspracy theory involving the moderator and the VP.
pathetic and desperate.
What's funny is Mr Buttlicker and Edgar both use the same terms of something in their butts on a gay site. I guess when your opponent laughs and interrupts 82 times then that is a winner according to the butt brothers here. Do a simple fact check and you might want to see Biden was a liar on several points like in Libya where they did nothing to protect Stevens a gay man. Maybe they hate gays.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think before you post?
Of course.

Now, it's up to you to prove me wrong.

In what ways is marriage "necessary for the survival" of ONLY straight people and their families?
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What's funny is Mr Buttlicker and Edgar both use the same terms of something in their butts on a gay site. I guess when your opponent laughs and interrupts 82 times then that is a winner according to the butt brothers here. Do a simple fact check and you might want to see Biden was a liar on several points like in Libya where they did nothing to protect Stevens a gay man. Maybe they hate gays.
lyin ryan told so many more!! that is how he got his nick name.

and what does stevens being gay have to do with anything??

OH I forgot......you guys like to bring up gay people for any reason whatsoever. to try to prove any ridiculous (non)point.

you posts are getting more silly as we approach the election...

but dont stop, im having a good time reading them!!
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You never had any effect on the marriage of heteros, but your legislation paves the way for our kids to be taught to accept and embrace something that is wrong. Period.
I d ask you to explain this theory??

bt I fear youd just look even dumber if you do.
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you who should go play with something sharp and electrified, you hater. Why don't you go die in misery, you f()cking piece of sh!t ? You weren't born with the sense that God gave a snail, and you are the worst piece of living feces I have ever come across. You have no business associating with us normal people and you certainly have no valid reason to be breathing my air. You are a prime example of why abortions are usually incinerated.
you look like a compleat backwoods stroll.

that doesnt suprise me after reading you hate filled posts...

so you think that trolling on topix after gay people on their threads makes you a "normal person"

most normal people realize that what people do in the privacy of their own home(consenting) is really none of your business....

you could try and explain to me how straight marriage is Threatened by gay marraige??..... but youd just lool like more of an asshole than you already do....

as for schools??

they are trying to teach kids tolerance for the LBGT community,

because they dont want society to end up with more idiots(like you) spewing needless hate on topix.net .

give up the hate and bigotry, this is the 21st century you fool!!

if you look at the statistics regarding acceptance and tolerance of the LGBT community??

you are so definately on the losing end of the battle.

get a life and let others live theirs...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
you look like a compleat backwoods stroll.
that doesnt suprise me after reading you hate filled posts...
so you think that trolling on topix after gay people on their threads makes you a "normal person"
most normal people realize that what people do in the privacy of their own home(consenting) is really none of your business....
you could try and explain to me how straight marriage is Threatened by gay marraige??..... but youd just lool like more of an asshole than you already do....
as for schools??
they are trying to teach kids tolerance for the LBGT community,
because they dont want society to end up with more idiots(like you) spewing needless hate on topix.net .
give up the hate and bigotry, this is the 21st century you fool!!
if you look at the statistics regarding acceptance and tolerance of the LGBT community??
you are so definately on the losing end of the battle.
get a life and let others live theirs...
"..you look like a compleat backwoods stroll." What the hell is that? What a dope.

Too funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the difference between you, a miserable hate filled bitch, and me, a happy adjusted man. I've got a long standing marriage with someone I've known for a quarter of a century and trust with my life. We're both thrilled for our nephew and his partner. You, OTOH, are limited to dalliances with imaginary lovers like the one you're "meeting up with" tonight. Just be sure to wash your hands after you've had your way with "her." You say you're happy, but it is apparent that you're a bitter and miserable empty shell. You seem to get your panties all bunched up over two men together. I'm suspicious about one thing though, do you get all hot & bothered with the visage of two nubile women working each other over?
Maybe one day you'll find peace. Before you draw your last breath too.
Oh for chrissakes Winston, it's just a silly topix forum. Lighten up.

"...you're a bitter and miserable empty shell." Too Funny!
Winston Smith

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey queer boi, I don't have any anger issues 8) I have a great life, I don't have to dodge all the looks and queer jokes you must get all day long and constantly try to convince the Feds and society that you are normal too; but just a little funnier than most ... 8)
Your continuous litany of insults is a clear indication of your unhappiness. Your need to tell us about your evening with a "hot sexy woman" is quite telling too. What you really need is a nice steamy roll with one of the guys from Rent Boy. You know you want it, just give in to your desires and you'll lose all that hostility you've got bottled up inside. After all, sexual activity is the sum total of what you and your friend karen see at the mention or sight of gay person in any light.
Winston Smith

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I supposed to be hurt by that ? lol What a moron you must be in real life. AIDS was first documented in the homo community, a notorious drug using community, to be sure. It was the bisexuals who wanted it both ways that spread it to the heterosexual community, which is the majority, explaining why now, 30 years later, it is spread into the heterosexuals, thus producing the "vast majority" of which you so glibly speak. Idiot. Y'all gave it us. Wish the AIDS had stayed with the junkies and poofs and never crossed over into our ranks. Thanks to the bi's for that.....
Speaking of morons, HIV first came to light after it spread through the gay community in this country. That has nothing to do with the first documented case. The first known case, as in the oldest documented one, comes from a man who died in the Congo in 1959. It is widely accepted that the disease originated in Africa and spread to the Americas via Haitians working in Congo. It is agreed that the spread of HIV in Africa is largely through unsafe sex.
Smokin Joe

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the difference between you, a miserable hate filled bitch, and me, a happy adjusted man. I've got a long standing marriage with someone I've known for a quarter of a century and trust with my life. We're both thrilled for our nephew and his partner. You, OTOH, are limited to dalliances with imaginary lovers like the one you're "meeting up with" tonight. Just be sure to wash your hands after you've had your way with "her." You say you're happy, but it is apparent that you're a bitter and miserable empty shell. You seem to get your panties all bunched up over two men together. I'm suspicious about one thing though, do you get all hot & bothered with the visage of two nubile women working each other over?
Maybe one day you'll find peace. Before you draw your last breath too.
lol, I guess I got your attention !!!!
Smokin Joe

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, b!tch, time to put up, or STFU.
Find a real doctor who says AIDS is caused by anal sex.
:::crickets chirping:::
Hello...
See Ho, it's not me you say is talking about the sex act; so keep your stupied responses to the right poster please. you ignorant fool. Give up the drugs and booze
Smokin Joe

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law...
Ho, You .. C an't U nderstant N ormal T hinking
RickiesNuts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Rick Santorum has sputtered about Washington state's campaign to legalize same-sex marriage.

Rick S. words were captured on hidden camera at a Spokane, WA. fundraiser October 11, 2012 Thursday evening.

States like Maryland, Maine, and Washington, will vote on legalizing gay marriage on November 6, 2012..
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
have the man and man decided on which Mom and Pop Bed and Breakfast to make honeymoon reservations at so they can sue the Christians out of the business?
And don't forget the Christian Mom and Pop wedding photographers
if you wernt in such good company with regards to your ilk??

I would say this is the stupidest post ive read today...

except it is just one of many competing for the all-time bigotry award.
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Smokin Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ho, You .. C an't U nderstant N ormal T hinking
im guessin you're not quite out of your teens yet.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
Now, it's up to you to prove me wrong.
In what ways is marriage "necessary for the survival" of ONLY straight people and their families?
Prove you wrong? Your comment is complete nonsense. If you with to argue with the Supreme Court go right ahead, I am sure they would love to hear it.

BTW, why don't you read the actual case, where this position of the court originates- Skinner v Oklahoma- the position of the court had NOTHING to do with the "survival" of the people and their families and everything to do with the survival of the "RACE". It reference the ability to procreate, plain and simple.

But people like you never let context get in the way.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
im guessin you're not quite out of your teens yet.
Mr Buttlicker

Your age is 43 and you are posting 24/7? No wonder you want the great Obama. Why do you post from a place you don't live close to? Would people know who you are from your name > Buttlicker? or does that explain your actions that would identify yourself? Why are you sad that you don't follow sports? what do you suffer from?

Riccardo

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 143,581 - 143,600 of199,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Redwood City Forum right now

Search the Redwood City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Pack coal in deeper 7,330
Teen Shooting Trial Delayed (Aug '13) 5 hr Another reader 9
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed Hole 15,676
Endangered Twin Peaks Butterfly Population To G... (Apr '12) Wed _Evil-_-Bill_ 22
Earth's extinction rate highly exaggerated: Study Apr 21 FACT 1
Avenew Trees in Dispute Apr 20 Anson 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Apr 19 Drafty 4,559
•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••