Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,174)

Showing posts 143,461 - 143,480 of199,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

JoRo wrote:
America...the country where the tail wags the dog.
I have a small dog, and when her tail wags, so does the rest of her body. It's natural.
Skieeder

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Just like a typical republican thinking alcohol is the key to wash away personal problems.

Just look how many ratty comments have been posted about this topic, these repubicans think they can change people with their stupid postings.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Skieeder wrote:
Just like a typical republican thinking alcohol is the key to wash away personal problems.
Just look how many ratty comments have been posted about this topic, these repubicans think they can change people with their stupid postings.
SO you're gay. Well bless you and suck it up
BigProfs

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Nothing better than a good day on the rock.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

BigProfs wrote:
Nothing better than a good day on the rock.
And you too well bless you.
ClickAway

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Just a click away to remove nasty insulting postings here.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

ClickAway wrote:
Just a click away to remove nasty insulting postings here.
Wow and another one.
Comic relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Some times it comes in many forms.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Comic relief wrote:
Some times it comes in many forms.
What form might you be?
Bev

Poway, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

You have expressed my feelings exactly. This is not about the same sex marrying. It is about the courts over turning laws that the majority of the people have voted for. We are not talking about hundreds of people, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of people. The voice of The People is being taken away.
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, "ta-tas" is a common slang term for breasts. There is even a "save the ta-tas site". "Boobs" is also a common slang term for breasts. "Boob" is a common slang term for a total idiot, like you. Now, "tata" would be singular for "ta-tas" and "boob" singular for "boobs". So, I asked if you used the nick name "tata" because you are a boob.
(Can't believe I had to explain that one...)
http://www.savethetatas.com/
Ok I guess I have heard it, but mostly by women and queers like you, but me being a man use other terms. Now the term Tata is a word/term used by Croations that refers to grandpa, can you understand this now? probably not because you are too stupid.
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect, tater. You acquired your stupidity the natural way. In other words, you were born that way.
What ever you say you second class queer bait
Comic relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

This topic is just another gang-bang operation set up by the Republican / Tea Party Nation member's..
ELA Pinky

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Chaune wrote:
<quoted text>What form might you be?
Why don't you take your testicle licking self and go elsewhere, Chaune? You're a douche - bag!
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

ELA Pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you take your testicle licking self and go elsewhere, Chaune? You're a douche - bag!
OH OK Pinky. How do you like that warm yogurt on your back? Phucknuckle!!
Comic relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

There all over the air waves, but those stupid republican / tea baggers can't see a single tree in the forest.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Bev wrote:
You have expressed my feelings exactly. This is not about the same sex marrying. It is about the courts over turning laws that the majority of the people have voted for. We are not talking about hundreds of people, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of people. The voice of The People is being taken away.
<quoted text>
If you hadn't slept through civics class, you would know that the majority cannot vote away the rights of the minority. The Court was doing its job.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Even so called SMART people who do dumb things aren't worth a pile of spit.

The chief diversity officer at Gallaudet University was put on administrative leave October 10, 2012 after the school learned she had signed a petition supporting efforts to reverse Marylandís same-sex marriage law.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the jackass who names himself "frisbee" which is a silly toy from over 50 years ago. Priceless!
Now stop and think about the aerodynamics involved in that "silly" toy...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a liar Rose. You are the one who complained about the decision because it included- Essential to our existence and survival- in its description of marriage.
You seem confused, but what's new?
Yes, you are lying. Post a link to where I complained about the Loving v VA decision, or admit you are lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 143,461 - 143,480 of199,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Redwood City Forum right now

Search the Redwood City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Pack coal in deeper 7,330
Teen Shooting Trial Delayed (Aug '13) 1 hr Another reader 9
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 22 hr Hole 15,676
Endangered Twin Peaks Butterfly Population To G... (Apr '12) Wed _Evil-_-Bill_ 22
Earth's extinction rate highly exaggerated: Study Apr 21 FACT 1
Avenew Trees in Dispute Apr 20 Anson 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Apr 19 Drafty 4,559
•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
Redwood City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
•••
•••