Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,356

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#162642 Oct 10, 2012
Old Grand Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you no longer have anything relevant to say about the topic at hand might I suggest you hit the road jack and go to a thread where you do have something relevant to add (even then I highly doubt so!)? LOL,I find that the only things that you faux Christian bigots have to say negative about gays is either something to do with religion which has NO bearing on the topic or just plain old garden variety tired OLD stereotypical predigests which also have nothing to do with the topic of the thread! Sorry but I'll stick with our Constitution and the 14th Amendment which proves that gays are being treated unfairly when it comes to marriage equality and the Constitution backs them up! And here is a link which backs up my contentions! Oh,and by the way,please let my wife of 35 years and my 3 kids know that I'm gay! LOL,It will surely be news to them! I guess if I say you're gay also it must be true,except that you're still hiding in that proverbial closet of self despair!
Why Prop 8 is and was Unconstitutional,now confirmed by 2 courts
www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments
Old Crab man

You just added Nothing. 66,521 posts ago, someone already said what you just wrote. Are you a parrot? I'd rather let your family know what they most likely already do know, that you are a crabby old man that is normalphobic. A gay wannabe. I have heard of many men and women convert to gay after being married and with kids. You prove nothing by adding your personal garbage that anybody can write anything.

Riccardo
Old Grand Dad

Beacon, NY

#162643 Oct 10, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Old Crab man
You just added Nothing. 66,521 posts ago, someone already said what you just wrote. Are you a parrot? I'd rather let your family know what they most likely already do know, that you are a crabby old man that is normalphobic. A gay wannabe. I have heard of many men and women convert to gay after being married and with kids. You prove nothing by adding your personal garbage that anybody can write anything.
Riccardo
Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,babbl e,babble,babble,babble,babble! LOL,There a more intelligent post than yours! Then get the F off the thread or quit spamming with your unintelligent continuous bigoted blabber! By the way those married guys you spoke of were either bi-sexual or straight up gay and in the closet,kinda like you I guess! How about you go read that fairytale and let the grownups talk!
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#162645 Oct 11, 2012
Old Grand Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,babbl e,babble,babble,babble,babble! LOL,There a more intelligent post than yours! Then get the F off the thread or quit spamming with your unintelligent continuous bigoted blabber! By the way those married guys you spoke of were either bi-sexual or straight up gay and in the closet,kinda like you I guess! How about you go read that fairytale and let the grownups talk!
Old Crab dad

Your post is off topic. More BS....Shame on you!

Riccardo
JoRo

Concord, CA

#162646 Oct 11, 2012
America...the country where the tail wags the dog.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#162647 Oct 11, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Old Crab man
Riccardo
You read 66,521 posts to prove that?

A bit obsessed, are we?

But, no, people don't "convert" to gay after being married and having kids.

Some gay people feel so pressured by family and society, that they marry straight spouses. Some as a cover. Some to try to pretend themselves into being straight.

It doesn't work, of course, and some of them fail so miserably at the living the lie that they tear their families apart.

Just another reason for supporting same sex marriage - it eliminates that sort of collateral damage.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#162648 Oct 11, 2012
JoRo wrote:
America...the country where the tail wags the dog.
I have a small dog, and when her tail wags, so does the rest of her body. It's natural.
Skieeder

Monrovia, CA

#162649 Oct 11, 2012
Just like a typical republican thinking alcohol is the key to wash away personal problems.

Just look how many ratty comments have been posted about this topic, these repubicans think they can change people with their stupid postings.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

#162650 Oct 11, 2012
Skieeder wrote:
Just like a typical republican thinking alcohol is the key to wash away personal problems.
Just look how many ratty comments have been posted about this topic, these repubicans think they can change people with their stupid postings.
SO you're gay. Well bless you and suck it up
BigProfs

Monrovia, CA

#162651 Oct 11, 2012
Nothing better than a good day on the rock.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

#162652 Oct 11, 2012
BigProfs wrote:
Nothing better than a good day on the rock.
And you too well bless you.
ClickAway

Monrovia, CA

#162653 Oct 11, 2012
Just a click away to remove nasty insulting postings here.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

#162654 Oct 11, 2012
ClickAway wrote:
Just a click away to remove nasty insulting postings here.
Wow and another one.
Comic relief

Monrovia, CA

#162655 Oct 11, 2012
Some times it comes in many forms.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

#162656 Oct 11, 2012
Comic relief wrote:
Some times it comes in many forms.
What form might you be?
Bev

San Diego, CA

#162657 Oct 11, 2012
You have expressed my feelings exactly. This is not about the same sex marrying. It is about the courts over turning laws that the majority of the people have voted for. We are not talking about hundreds of people, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of people. The voice of The People is being taken away.
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162658 Oct 11, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, "ta-tas" is a common slang term for breasts. There is even a "save the ta-tas site". "Boobs" is also a common slang term for breasts. "Boob" is a common slang term for a total idiot, like you. Now, "tata" would be singular for "ta-tas" and "boob" singular for "boobs". So, I asked if you used the nick name "tata" because you are a boob.
(Can't believe I had to explain that one...)
http://www.savethetatas.com/
Ok I guess I have heard it, but mostly by women and queers like you, but me being a man use other terms. Now the term Tata is a word/term used by Croations that refers to grandpa, can you understand this now? probably not because you are too stupid.
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162659 Oct 11, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect, tater. You acquired your stupidity the natural way. In other words, you were born that way.
What ever you say you second class queer bait
Comic relief

Covina, CA

#162660 Oct 11, 2012
This topic is just another gang-bang operation set up by the Republican / Tea Party Nation member's..
ELA Pinky

Los Angeles, CA

#162661 Oct 11, 2012
Chaune wrote:
<quoted text>What form might you be?
Why don't you take your testicle licking self and go elsewhere, Chaune? You're a douche - bag!
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

#162662 Oct 11, 2012
ELA Pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you take your testicle licking self and go elsewhere, Chaune? You're a douche - bag!
OH OK Pinky. How do you like that warm yogurt on your back? Phucknuckle!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moderators why have i been shadow banned? (Jun '14) 4 hr Fracking Doodooda 4
Tesla gearing up for release of batteries for t... 13 hr Solarman 1
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Thu tera 112
Caltrain accident Wed Mary J 1
City Blows the Whistle on High-Speed Trains Feb 20 CTYKE 1
5-Year-Old Dies In Freak Horse Riding Accident (Oct '08) Feb 16 Unbelievable 94
does anyone need a good dog walker (May '07) Feb 12 wahid 45

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:36 pm PST

NFL 7:36PM
Oakland Raiders to release Tyvon Branch
ESPN 7:49 PM
Raiders to release injury-plagued Branch
Bleacher Report 8:35 PM
Why CB Is San Francisco's Top Non-WR Draft Need
Bleacher Report 9:18 PM
San Francisco 49ers: Should They Sign Reggie Bush?
Bleacher Report11:48 PM
Oakland Raiders Must Cut MJD, Bring Back Darren McFadden