Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,241 - 143,260 of 200,330 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But, the 14th Amendment says:
"nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
That would include the laws governing marriage.
Rose_NoHo".

Yes. I agree. If Africans can "marry" White people by virtue of our Republican friends' 14th Amendment, two or more persons of the same sex should have the "right" to "marry" one another just the same as we dog lovers should have the right to marry the honeys' of our own choosing. Just like you, I cannot see any difference whatsoever.

Ronald
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>You're simply lying, gays lobbied for DADT. When you lie, you get rebuffed.
Joseph P. Gudel, in That Which is Unnatural[1] contended that the homosexual movement,
has been militantly demanding not just the homosexuals' right to do whatever they wish to do behind closed doors, but, more importantly, that society fully accept their lifestyle as both healthy and normal, even demanding special rights and legislation as an "oppressed minority." Gudel quotes various sources evidencing this.
In a 1987 speech to the National Press Club in Washington, homosexual spokesperson Jeff Levi proclaimed,
We are no longer seeking just a right to privacy and a protection from wrong. We also have a right — as heterosexual Americans already have — to see government and society affirm our lives.[2]
In an article entitled "Gays on the March" in 1975, Time magazine quoted gay activist Barbara Gittings who stated:
What the homosexual wants, and here he is neither willing to compromise nor morally required to compromise — is acceptance of homosexuality as a way of life fully on a par with heterosexuality." In response, Time opined, "It is one thing to remove legal discrimination against homosexuals. It is another to mandate approval....It is this goal of full acceptance, which no known society past or present has granted to homosexuals, that makes many Americans apprehensive.[3]
A primary goal of the homosexual agenda is to promote the lifestyle in public schools. This occurred quickly and intensely after gay marriage was imposed in Massachusetts, where homosexual relationships are taught to children as young as kindergartners, as recounted by the decision of Parker v. Hurley.[4]
In a 1992 report by John Leo in U.S. News and World Report, he notes some books which were part of New York City's public school curriculum.
The first-grade book, "Children of the Rainbow", stated on page 145, which states that teachers must "be aware of varied family structures, including...gay or lesbian parents," and "children must be taught to acknowledge the positive aspects of each type of household." Another children book is Heather Has Two Mommies, which is about a lesbian couple having a child through artificial insemination. Another book, Gloria Goes to Gay Pride, states, "Some women love women, some men love men, some women and men love each other. That's why we march in the parade, so everyone can have a choice."
Leo commented,
A line is being crossed here; in fact, a brand new ethic is descending upon the city's public school system. The traditional civic virtue of tolerance (if gays want to live together, it's their own business) has been replaced with a new ethic requiring approval and endorsement (if gays want to live together, we must 'acknowledge the positive aspects' of their way of life).[5]
Dr. Judith A. Reisman in her extensive Crafting “Gay” Children,[6] reports that Harvard homosexual Toby Morotta, PhD, stated that in the 1970s, members of the Gay Activists Alliance - who were trained in the “zapping" of any who rebuffed homosexuality.[7] And that these formed the “Gay Academic Union,”(GAU) which was made up of faculty and students in major universities. She states that the GAU has long fought for domination of its worldview within the academic community, and professional journals commonly assigned GAU and other homosexual peer reviewers to research touching on homosexuality, generally resulting in a quick death to possible unfavorable findings.[8]
This and the general agenda is seen to be overall implementing a marketing strategy explained in a book called After the Ball, by gay rights activists Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen in the late 1980s, in which a six-point plan was set forth as to how they could transform the beliefs of ordinary Americans with regard to homosexual behavior in a decade-long time frame:
Quoting Judith Reisman makes you look like an idiot.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>When will education find your crew. The 14th Amendment does not support your position.
There is a dispute, and it figured in the Proposition 8 case, over the current meaning and impact of a decision the Supreme Court made in 1972, in the case of Baker v. Nelson. There, without briefing and hearing, the Supreme Court dismissed an appeal by a Minnesota gay couple. The Minnesota Supreme Court had rejected their claim that denial of a marriage license for them violated their rights under the Fourteenth Amendment. That “summary dismissal” is a binding precedent, just as a full-scale decision would be, if a later case is found to be a close or exact parallel to the Baker lawsuit.
Hi Dr Demented how ya been? Still trolling the school yards?
Obama Out Of Gas In LA

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Gas prices and Liberals don't mix. Go home Obama we don't want you here loser.
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

No matter how long this SSM issue goes on, gays will always be second class and looked at as an odd cult. If this issue was something to be concerned abour the Feds would have resolved it long ago. California is not as easy of push over as other states however Californea is in a worse financial mess than other states and therefore must make the best logical coice for the people. If the wrong choice is made in favor of the gay cults it may cauase problems for them down the road . . .
Jenkins

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
But that doesn't change the fact we can exist and survive without marriage.
Queer marriage should be outlawed for the sake of the little children.
PottyTrained

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

When will your politican get potty trained?
CINDY

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

When is the Cindy is driving to Montclair, California?
State of Snakes

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>Queer marriage should be outlawed for the sake of the little children.
And now gay Parenting!
State of Snakes

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

It's none of your business what we do in the bedroom nor that we can't bare fruit yet we'll gladly steal yours through dss and share our mental masturbations with young schoolchildren and try to be where all other young children like to congregate.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you don't like the decision anymore.
It's OK Rose. You will get over it.
Liar. I love the decision. I'm glad interracial marriage isn't illegal.

You don't have any real arguments, so you lie about my positions.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
I love my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the simple African.(
Why are fundies such racists?
(Did bother reading the rest of your post.)
Christianity = hate!
That's what I've learned from Topix.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>When will education find your crew. The 14th Amendment does not support your position.
There is a dispute, and it figured in the Proposition 8 case, over the current meaning and impact of a decision the Supreme Court made in 1972, in the case of Baker v. Nelson. There, without briefing and hearing, the Supreme Court dismissed an appeal by a Minnesota gay couple. The Minnesota Supreme Court had rejected their claim that denial of a marriage license for them violated their rights under the Fourteenth Amendment. That “summary dismissal” is a binding precedent, just as a full-scale decision would be, if a later case is found to be a close or exact parallel to the Baker lawsuit.
The 14th Amendment grants all US citizens equal protection, so denying all US citizens equal protection violates the 14th Amendment.

This isn't rocket surgery...

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo".
Yes. I agree. If Africans
Why are fundie such racists?
(I don't bother to read your posts.)
The Romans had the right idea, just too few lions.
Think how much better our world would be without the scourge of that hateful, racist religion, Christianity!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's try this ....
Although the evidence on child outcomes is sketchy, the evidence does suggest that children raised by lesbians or gay men are more likely to experience gender and sexual disorders. Judith Stacey—an advocate for SSM and a sociologist—reviewed the literature on child outcomes and found the following:“lesbian parenting may free daughters and sons from a broad but uneven range of traditional gender prescriptions.” Her conclusion here is based on studies that show that sons of lesbians are less masculine and that daughters of lesbians are more masculine. She also found that a “significantly greater proportion of young adult children raised by lesbian mothers than those raised by heterosexual mothers… reported having a homoerotic relationship.” Stacey also observes that children of lesbians are more likely to report homoerotic attractions. Her review must be view judiciously, given the methodological flaws detailed by Professor Nock in the literature as a whole. Nevertheless, theses studies give some credence to conservative concerns about the effects of SS couple parenting.
*Judith Stacey and Timothy Biblarz. 2001.“(How) Does the Sexual Orientation of Parents Matter?” American Sociological Review 66: 159-183. See especially pp. 168-171
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

Your copy/paste babble doesn't show anything wrong with homosexuality. There is nothing wrong with having a homoerotic relationship or attraction.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are fundies such racists?
(Did bother reading the rest of your post.)
Christianity = hate!
That's what I've learned from Topix.
Rose_NoHo.

How come every time I come out in support of your position you attack me?

Ronald

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is. I found it, even though you said said nothing comes up.....
http://www.rentboy.com/
Stupid, that's not a pedophile site! AND I wrote it as "rent boy dot com" in the post you replied to (guess that was too complex for you to understand), I did that so people wouldn't accidentally click on an adults' only link.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we call rose_no-hope a monkey because it has the intellect of an ape. We all have valid points that have been made repeatedly, only to have to hear chongo use "roses law" as if it is an authority on the matter, and that resortation to childish name calling has been committed by your hero, rose_no-hope,
You mean childish name calling like calling me "rose_no-hope"?
R Hudson wrote:
more than any other poster in here. And insofar as your claim goes, we heterosexual normal people are being forced into the unfortunate position of having to defend normality, for the sake of society.
Homosexuality is no threat to society.
R Hudson wrote:
Obsession ? If you poofs weren't forcing our children into having to learn about the whole sick phenomenon of gayness in school,
Rose's Law...
R Hudson wrote:
and by holding your detestable parades (complete with gigantic phallic symbols and men dressed as women) on Main Street USA, why, the whole issue would be avoidable. but due to your pushing of legislation, and your lobbying for "equal representation", which covers about 10% of the population, we are forced into polarization on the matter.
Oh, BTW, I love to watch 2 women having it off, who wouldn't want to be with a woman ? It is having to watch men prance around like they can be mistaken for women that makes me want to vomit.....Please, be clear on the matter.
You homophobes act as if you can't step outside without running into a gay pride parade. If you don't like them, quit finding out when they are going to be, and stop traveling to go see them. Problem solved.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you hadn't noticed, it is our country , too. With the laws being changed to suit a minority.
Still upset we got rid of Jim Crow Laws, huh?
R Hudson wrote:
We liked it the way it was, so if you want to accept them so freely, why don't YOU get the f_ck out of OUR country, where everything was good, and go form yourself a new one ?
Why don't you go form one where all people, even members of minority groups like blacks and gays, are *NOT* promised equal rights?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, let's get technical......
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a lentivirus (a member of the retrovirus family) that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS),[1][2] a condition in humans in which progressive failure of the immune system allows life-threatening opportunistic infections and cancers to thrive.
HIV
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's nice.
But that doesn't change the fact that HIV and AIDS are often used interchangeably, even though it's not technically correct. And it made sense to do in a post that said, "Anal sex causes HIV".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Redwood City Forum right now

Search the Redwood City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr drying out 7,839
dr. amit sex doctor male and female sex solucat... 13 hr derek jeter 4
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr Mis kites 15,915
mtn.ng Thu Balogun 1
Get Paid for Posts? Social Networking's New Twist Thu N8 the Grrr8 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Wed Orange Sauce 127
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE