Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frank Rizzo

Alhambra, CA

#159973 Sep 19, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Add to that the 30 plus million uninsured and twenty-somethings living at home without jobs who are now covered under Obamacare. This also payed for by the other 53%.
Uhm….They are now on their parents’ insurance, if below 24 (you’re not paying for that), and soon they will be able to buy insurance from a private insurer at a govt. guaranteed rate (again, you’re not paying for that), otherwise, without Obamacare, they would be dependent on the state (you paying for that) and would only be able to get care when they are very ill by going into any emergency room they choose (at your expense—and sending people to an emergency room for primary care is a big and stupid expense).
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> Then there are the auto workers who were temporarily payed off, and are quickly running out of that bailout.
Psst…the bailout was meant to be temporary. And you do know it started under Bush….? Just checking.

But, hey! Putting all those people out on the street, rather than LOANING the company to continue on, that would be a good idea!!! We won't have to pay for those people!!!!!!
KiMare wrote:
On the other side is the upper class who have done quite well during this time.
Yep! Those trickle-down Bush tax-cut dollars should be turning the economy round, right about now….How long’s it been? Eleven years?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> On the other side is the upper class who have done quite well during this time. In the middle is the former middle class. Decimated, barely surviving with multiple low paying jobs.
You mean the upper end of the 47%? The people who are working hard, paying their FICA, their SS Taxes, getting deductions for their kids….Those people?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> That's the simple, and I think pretty accurate facts.
You wouldn’t know a fact if it came up and smacked you on the ass.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>What we are left with is a same sex political marriage. I'm just one kid who is sick and angry with the perversion of our National family.
What the fluck is THAT supposed to mean?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Bazinga!
Gesundheit!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#159974 Sep 19, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never insulted gays, I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. M.C.D. is practicing sophistry, untrue distraction from the issue of changing marriage law for everyone.
<quoted text>The second section of the 14th Amendment explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal. It makes similar inequality distinctions for adult/minor and citizen/noncitizen.
Past tense. It MADE distinctions between male and female. Those distinctions are no longer allowed.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gays have always married under the same laws as everyone else, there is no orientation test for a marriage license. I cite Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter as two examples.
Many homosexuals want children and care enough that their children are raised by the kid's mom and dad.
Not true. GAys have been forced to marry persons of the opposite sex, while straights have been allowed to marry whoever they love. That is NOT equal protection under the law.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The Supreme Court has already reviewed state law defining marriage as one man and one woman in Baker v Nelson. They upheld that definition of marriage, have never reviewed another same sex marriage case so Baker v Nelson stands as precedent.
Correction: the SCOTUS refused to hear the case, meaning that they merely allowed the lower court ruling to stand. They did not hear the case and have not issued a ruling.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm willing to let the court decide, but I'd prefer a Constituional Amendment like DOMA. Vice President Biden helped enact the Defense of Marriage Act into federal law, President Clinton signed DOMA. In 2008, both Obama and Biden ran on marriage as one man and one woman. They said it was about religion and faith, we have a Constitutional right to practice our religion and live by our beliefs.
No one is forcing anyone to change their faith, no matter how silly their superstitions are.

Even after gay marriages are legal in all 50 states, no church will be forced to perform a wedding ceremony against their will.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>In Germany, gay rights means not having to wear a pink triangle band on your arm and not being thrown in a concentration camp to die. Their are more important gay right issues than changing marriage law for everyone.
I'm pretty sure that your info on Germany is a bit dated...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#159975 Sep 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Convicted.
<quoted text>
From the blog of a CT criminal defense lawyer:
"The first reaction that most lay people will have when they hear about the charges will be to assume that the allegations are true. This is unfortunate because, based upon the facts reported, this appears to be a situation ripe for false allegations of child sexual abuse. And, based upon my experience handling similar cases, I expect that the investigation conducted by the state was incomplete and biased. The system is designed to convict people accused of child sexual abuse; it does not exist to protect people that have been falsely accused."
So far, I have not been able to find anything that says they were convicted of this.
<quoted text>
I can't find anything that says he was actually charged in this case, which could very well indicate that he was wrongly accused by the police.
<quoted text>
So, in all this time, you managed to find ONE convicted child molester that was gay, one gay couple that had allegations made against them by a very troubled kid, and one guy arrested based on an e-mail account.
Ever had malware hijack YOUR e-mail? Have you ever worked with the kids that foster care considers "hard to place"?
And in the time frame of these three (weak) cases, how many straight child molesters have been arrested and convicted?
Oh yeah!

My five minute search and your 'unbiased' review.

Once again, gays are 'proved' to be the best parents and the rarest pedophiles.

Bazinga!

Location hidden

#159976 Sep 19, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because facts are always “liberal spin with a gay twirl….” You might want to check out that bit in the bible about “false witness”. I believe your immortal soul is in danger…
<quoted text>
I don’t think you know what those words mean.
<quoted text>
Then explain rich liberal states that always vote Democratic and poor conservative states that always vote Republican?
<quoted text>
Yes we are. They make up 10% of the 47%.
<quoted text>
Define “welfare”. 57% of the country receives some sort of aid from the federal government. Now if you are talking about just crap-ass non-working poor, that number is hidden deep in 7% of the 47%. And please note that most of that 7% are still working. They just have really shitty jobs.
Re: Illegal immigration benefits. Drop in the bucket. Illegals don’t get benefits with the exception of pregnant mothers—I know this is a touchy subject, but I guess we could just let those babied die for lack of pre-natal care. BABIES! Who needs them….?
Student loans….Yeah….Those are mostly run by private firms with govt. backing. You mustn’t have got one (I never did), but if you had, you’d know that they’ll follow you till you die. Claim bankruptcy: Loan still doesn’t go away.
<quoted text>
Yes! Let’s put those people down to the poverty level!!!! That’s a good idea!!!!!!
And you do know that these people do pay into their own retirements? And you do know that the mega-pensions and excesses are anomalies, not the norm? And you do know that governments have been working for years to eliminate the high-payouts at the end of the careers? And you do know that the contracts that new hires for government service jobs have been negotiated down sequentially from the high-benefits enjoyed by previous generations of employees?
Remember when you were young and told that you should get a job in government so you’d be set for life?
Yeah….That doesn’t exist anymore.
You scoff at the 'liberal spin with a gay twirl', and then turn it up.

What you can't change is that too many people are on the take. It cannot support itself any longer.

You are about to get bitch slapped by reality.

Bazinga!

#159977 Sep 19, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you mean 'gay' pedophile priests?
Liam R wrote:
It is very rare for pedophiles to also be gay. I actually saw a psych teacher make the claim that NO gays are pedophiles, and vice versa. The priests that molested all those children, were heterosexual.
KiMare wrote:
You worry me.
Read the above. Do you understand how incongruent those statements are?
Nothing incongruent at all. Learn to read. The priests that molested those boys were heterosexuals. Had they not taken vows of chastity, they would have married women.
Responsed

La Puente, CA

#159978 Sep 19, 2012
Willard Mitt Romney loves motherjones.com
Tata

Westminster, CA

#159979 Sep 19, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno!
You should try reading and hearing some time. You actually might learn something.
BTW: I like the new handle. Suits you. You're one of the biggest boobs I've ever known...
#1 I'm not Bruno

#2 You don't know me

#3 You don't know WTF you are talking about

#4 Keep sucking dick and STFU
ELH

Portland, OR

#159980 Sep 19, 2012
Professor Stupid wrote:
If you can't respect my opinions then please do, stay away from my posts!
Remember where you heard it...

Soapbox house of cards and glass so don't go tossin your stones around! You must've been so...... high. Ya must've been so high......
The Pot
Dear Professor Stupid, Gold? Money? I hope that you have take the necessary steps to assure that your home is already set up to go "off the grid", have a 2,000 gal diesel tank on your property and a road read diesel vehicle in your barn. And, in addition, you have the animal husbandry and horticultural skills to feed your family off of your own land indefinitely. Because why you and yours have been busy wringing your hands and crying doom many of us have done all this and more.

BTW THIS liberal idiot has also laid in a supply of guns and bullets that would do our founding fathers proud.

Yes, if we were as "in the know" as you are, we'd be ranting on the internet about gold instead of actually preparing. Damn.

#159981 Sep 19, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And you argued my case by distinguishing between 'marriage' and marriage.
Jeez! Learn to read. I made the distinction between current law, and civil rights.
KiMare wrote:
And that is exactly what will happen if it happens.
People will look at a couple and see 'gay' before they see 'marriage'. Every single time.
Yeah, just like people see a black person and a white person before they see a biracial couple. well, if they are bigots, that is what they see first...

Location hidden

#159982 Sep 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nothing incongruent at all. Learn to read. The priests that molested those boys were heterosexuals. Had they not taken vows of chastity, they would have married women.
You know this how?

And they molested ONLY boys?

You worry me.

Bazinga!
Tata

Westminster, CA

#159983 Sep 19, 2012
The phony F.Rizzo from L.A. has got to be the most stupid loser here. Fake Frank, you are making your entire gay cult look like A-Holes. You are also t he biggest troll and you are NOT fooling anyone LMAO . . .
ELH

Portland, OR

#159984 Sep 19, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Mitt Romney hasn't done anything to anybody.
And he's done less than nothing FOR anyone but himself.

You have to be an uninformed idiot (or deaf and blind) to by the load of shit he's selling.

The only reason he was nominated were that he thew MILLIONS of dollars of his families money into the primary and the GOP didn't want to waste a viable candidate on a midterm election.
Anonymous

Barstow, CA

#159985 Sep 19, 2012
When is the driving to Oak Hills, California?
ELH

Portland, OR

#159986 Sep 19, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because facts are always “liberal spin with a gay twirl….” You might want to check out that bit in the bible about “false witness”. I believe your immortal soul is in danger…
<quoted text>
I don’t think you know what those words mean.
<quoted text>
Then explain rich liberal states that always vote Democratic and poor conservative states that always vote Republican?
<quoted text>
Yes we are. They make up 10% of the 47%.
<quoted text>
Define “welfare”. 57% of the country receives some sort of aid from the federal government. Now if you are talking about just crap-ass non-working poor, that number is hidden deep in 7% of the 47%. And please note that most of that 7% are still working. They just have really shitty jobs.
Re: Illegal immigration benefits. Drop in the bucket. Illegals don’t get benefits with the exception of pregnant mothers—I know this is a touchy subject, but I guess we could just let those babied die for lack of pre-natal care. BABIES! Who needs them….?
Student loans….Yeah….Those are mostly run by private firms with govt. backing. You mustn’t have got one (I never did), but if you had, you’d know that they’ll follow you till you die. Claim bankruptcy: Loan still doesn’t go away.
<quoted text>
Yes! Let’s put those people down to the poverty level!!!! That’s a good idea!!!!!!
And you do know that these people do pay into their own retirements? And you do know that the mega-pensions and excesses are anomalies, not the norm? And you do know that governments have been working for years to eliminate the high-payouts at the end of the careers? And you do know that the contracts that new hires for government service jobs have been negotiated down sequentially from the high-benefits enjoyed by previous generations of employees?
Remember when you were young and told that you should get a job in government so you’d be set for life?
Yeah….That doesn’t exist anymore.
An excellent post, but you'd have better luck explaining anything to a 2X4 that you would to KiMare, that bitch drank the KoolAide years ago.

Location hidden

#159987 Sep 19, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
And he's done less than nothing FOR anyone but himself.
You have to be an uninformed idiot (or deaf and blind) to by the load of shit he's selling.
The only reason he was nominated were that he thew MILLIONS of dollars of his families money into the primary and the GOP didn't want to waste a viable candidate on a midterm election.
You most certainly have Romney mixed up with Obama.

Bazinga!
ELH

Portland, OR

#159988 Sep 19, 2012
KiMare wrote:
And they molested ONLY boys?
No. They molested boy sand girls, there was just more OPPORTUNITY to molest boys. But keep spinning your circus freak twirl like the lying sack of shit you are.

#159989 Sep 19, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Either you missed the point, or you are trying a seriously idiotic gay twirl.
There is absolutely no way for a gay couple to match the biological union of a mother, father and children. In any alternative there is a biological break between the child and one or more parents. Not to mention a gender missing... To deliberately deprive a child of a parent AND a gender through surrogacy is diabolically depraved.
No, the only idiocy here is yours.

Surrogacy is an EXCELLENT solution for people unable to have children through the old fashioned method.

Ultimately, the ONLY thing that matters to a child growing up is that they have parents that love and care for them. Anything beyond that is, at most, a bonus.

The REALITY is that there are MANY children that have ALREADY been deprived of one or both biological parents, or those parents are utterly unfit to be near children, and they need good homes.

Having a gender missing is a non-issue. It has no effect on the child. At least, not in any modern society that does not enforce out moded gender roles that stopped having any meaning with the invention of electricity. Little girls no longer need to have a mother teach them how to bake the bread and wash the dishes - boys or men can do those just as well. And little boys don't need to learn to go hunt woolly mammoths with their fathers, either. What the children DO need to learn can be taught by parents of either gender.
KiMare wrote:
2. The whole point is that intact biological families are the safest place by far for children. For you to assert that gay couples would do better than straights is idiotic on it's face, and more so because of their current failure to stay committed.
Yet again, don't be an idiot. The safest place is with parents who love and respect themselves, each other, and their children. That is not limited to any orientation. And it is ludicrous to whine about gays not staying together when straights are getting divorced in such huge numbers - assuming that they managed to marry in the first place.
KiMare wrote:
3. Marriage around the world for all of known human history has been the reunion of diverse genders with the ponderous propensity to bear human fruit.
And throughout human history, five to ten children died young for ever one that made it to adulthood. Often, they took their mothers with them during child birth.

Not everything from history should be continued into the future.
KiMare wrote:
A distinct relationship among many types. In fact, the sole birthplace of every single other relationship.
And now we have the leisure and prosperity for people to marry for love, and not just accept whatever arranged match their parents handed them. People can choose whether or not they want to have kids at all, rather than being forced to have kids as their ONLY retirement plan.
KiMare wrote:
How utterly foolish to equate duplicate unions that are a relational deadend with marriage!
Even a child can see the difference. Especially if one couple is mom and dad.
Bazinga!
A young child thinks that EVERY family is exactly thick their own. So what? As they grow, they learn that some families are different. Sometimes grandma lives with the family. Sometimes, mommy died, so its just dad. Sometimes, mommy and daddy hated each other, so now its mommy and her husband and daddy and his wife, and both of the new parents had kids for THEIR previous marriages.

Kids learn. But they only hate, when that is what they are taught to do.

#159990 Sep 19, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah!
My five minute search and your 'unbiased' review.
Once again, gays are 'proved' to be the best parents and the rarest pedophiles.
Slowly, you are learning. It is a good start, keep it up!

“"Brains Squirming Like A Toad"”

Since: Aug 12

Key West Fla

#159991 Sep 19, 2012
Tata wrote:
The phony F.Rizzo from L.A. has got to be the most stupid loser here. Fake Frank, you are making your entire gay cult look like A-Holes. You are also t he biggest troll and you are NOT fooling anyone LMAO ...
No,sorry,you are definitely one of the biggest trolls and losing LIARs on this thread! What's the matter bro,you sound mad? Are you mad buddy? I'd have to say that your brain is squirming like a TOAD! LOL,By the way,STOP lying would Ya Troll! No one owns an Unregistered nonexistent grey box profile! If you want to stake claim to a name,REGISTER or again STFU LOSER! LOLOLOL

Location hidden

#159992 Sep 19, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They molested boy sand girls, there was just more OPPORTUNITY to molest boys. But keep spinning your circus freak twirl like the lying sack of shit you are.
No, most molested only boys, a few molested only girls.

Did you know I met your bitch twin a few pages back?

Bazinga!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hiii 14 hr raju 2
News Farmer's savings among seizures that bought Mon... Mon Montana 1
News Soledad Canyon a " California May 31 Bam 3
News Police Beat: Stroller found at Palo Alto inters... May 30 Kathy Katnip 3
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) May 27 Calipoolguy 117
News Apple's Ahrendts emerges as top-paid U.S. woman... May 5 Max 1
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Apr '15 Jinlonh 953
More from around the web

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]