Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,421

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Hey Numbnuts

Alhambra, CA

#154903 Aug 15, 2012

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#154904 Aug 15, 2012
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:
<quoted text>
what hell is this
this man get fist up ass from strangers, yes?
Learn to read......no one was posting about sex or fisting idiot!!!
Hey Numbnuts

Alhambra, CA

#154905 Aug 15, 2012
Local wrote:
Oh, and another thing....You should read your own links:

Acorns alleged crimes (some convictions) included the following:

1. Registering false names
2. Giving financial reward for registering
3. Some financial shenanigans

But there is no evidence or allegations of anyone casting a false ballot. This is what your buddy Rittardo is claiming and it happens less often than fat f*cks get struck by lightning.

You dipsh*tz are spending millions on a virtually non-existent problem. Good fiscal responsibility there....

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154906 Aug 15, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight. If your son or daughter are suspected of being gay, you should beat the gay out of them. Well Proffesor why not just hand them a loaded pistol and tell them to commit suicide.
I think I now have a better understanding of why YOU are not allowed to adopt children. Seek help you sick freak
Yes, beat homosexuality out of your kids -- it's the only way of saving their live.

It explains why homosexuality was never a problem before.

Shuttle diplomacy won't save them.

Gabriel Rotello touches on this.

In his book "The Ecology of Homosexuality" he writes how 450,000 gay youth would be alive today had we kept our sodomy laws.

The point is this: homosexuality is a destructive force -- it kills. It takes thousands of young men each year and turns them into male prostitutes. It puts other young men in penis suites and erect penis hats. And of course it infects tens of thousands of others with a killer virus.

Maybe if you told us some of the good homosexuality does, you'd have an argument.

I won't hold my breath.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#154907 Aug 15, 2012
It seems to me that there are "butch" and feminine lesbians, and there are also "butch and effeminate gay men. I knew twin brothers who were gay, and one was very refined and gentle, and one was rough and tough.

“well, really...”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#154908 Aug 15, 2012
Oh my such anger! Did my honest answer hit a nerve or blow your theory? Ask a bunch of women why they dress the way they do, 9 out of 10 will tell you the same thing I did! Womens Lib, well yeah duh...welcome to this Century and half of the last one old fart - we don't need you anymore.

You say I am stereotyping women...WTF are you doing? Where is your proof that lesbians dress as men to attract women, source please? Rest assured I know much more about women than you do, I am a woman, remember??? Men can never figure us out! So how much, dear Kimare do you know about how and why women dress and why do you know such things? Oh yeah the lesbian in you...nevermind.

While you say you are a "redeemed cynic and a barbarian"...you quote the Bible frequently. Most likely a fundie! Ummmm you are not allowed to believe in evolution remember, that is evil? We all just came to be, the good book says so!

You are angry about the possibility of gay marriage because you spent your life trying to make your square peg fit...you now question your entire being. I am sorry for you!

Big grin
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS masquarading as women's lib.
-Butch lesbians don't dress for comfort. They dress in men's clothes and styles and take on mannerisms like men.
-You not only sterotype all women in a idiotic and deceitful way, you deny the power of evolution to dictate your behaviors.
I left my sensitivity at the door of denial, which is where gays make the perposterous claim that gay couples are 'exactly the same' as marriage AND as you brought up, horrifically transgres cultural and religious sensitivity.
Nice gay twirl for a straight, but silly stupid with no validation of course.
Grin.
Beach Sand

Azusa, CA

#154909 Aug 15, 2012
It' a sunny day at the beach, wish you were at the beach too!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154910 Aug 15, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why shouldn't gays be allowed to marry? What harm comes to you, if two strangers just happen to be the same sex, when they marry each other?
Hey, Dumbo, that's been explained to you eight ways to Sunday and you still don't get it?

First, homosexuality is a public health menace which means the government should not endorse it in any way, size, shape, or form.

Second, as we see in Massachusetts, same sex marriage promotes the normalization of homosexuality which manifests itself with transvestite school teachers and homosexuality affirming curriculum.

Third, it promotes NAMBLA-like initiatives like Gay-Straight Alliance Clubs in our schools.

Fourth, it promotes the proliferation of man-boy sex trafficking agencies like "rent-a-boy. In Massachusetts gay predators have got so bold they now advertise these meat markets on tax supported non-profit web sites.

Fifth, it has a ripple-effect throughout society -- the military, Boy Scouts, etc.

Six, it promotes fascism and intolerance against those who don't endorse same sex marriage -- Chik-fil-A.

Seven, it removes the barriers in place preventing men who wear penis suits and erect penis hats from adopting kids.

Eight, it promotes a hornet's nest of junk science, superstition, and outright lies -- "Born this Way!" ..."Sexual orientation can't be changed"... "Homosexuals can't be pedophiles!" etc.

Nine, it demonizes the Pope, Billy Graham, and all other religions and religious leaders who don't endorse same sex marriage.

Ten, it promotes hedonism, atheism with sex cultism.

I have ten other reasons but I'll await your reply to this first ten before listing them.
Reality

Madison, WI

#154911 Aug 15, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, beat homosexuality out of your kids -- it's the only way of saving their live.
It explains why homosexuality was never a problem before.
Shuttle diplomacy won't save them.
Gabriel Rotello touches on this.
In his book "The Ecology of Homosexuality" he writes how 450,000 gay youth would be alive today had we kept our sodomy laws.
The point is this: homosexuality is a destructive force -- it kills. It takes thousands of young men each year and turns them into male prostitutes. It puts other young men in penis suites and erect penis hats. And of course it infects tens of thousands of others with a killer virus.
Maybe if you told us some of the good homosexuality does, you'd have an argument.
I won't hold my breath.
Would you also beat your daughter if she came home pregnant? What a sick freak

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154912 Aug 15, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>Gay males are only 3% of the population yet make up 65% of all new HIV cases.

What's your interpretation of that?
that condoms are not 100% effective as they say on the box

Location hidden

#154913 Aug 15, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage supporters don't care about the consent of the governed. If they can change the male/female nature of marriage today, they'll come for the consent requirements tomorrow.
consent requirements?

Location hidden

#154914 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>I understand the power of evolutionary survival of the fittest.

What I don't understand is WHY a lesbian would dress and act like a man to attract ANOTHER lesbian???

I've asked you more than three times M?M?M! Are you butch?
look at the picture that is me and no I am not butch

Location hidden

#154915 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Still asking;

WHY does a lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?

How does that make sense according to evolution?

Isn't there anyone with a validated explanation?

Smirk.
it is usually how they feel comfortable dressing.. I can wear a dress/skirt and heels but I like to dress comfortable in jeans and a t shirt.
Winston Smith

United States

#154916 Aug 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Obama to sign up millions of illegals in time to vote: More than 1.7 million illegal immigrants could become eligible for tentative legal status Wednesday when President Obama’s non-deportation policy goes into effect, and after initial fears that the program would backfire, immigrant advocates are urging young immigrants to sign up.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>When you vote or register to vote, do you show proof of citizenship? The point is they will be citizens and the votes are bought. Most likely they will be voting in November. They broke the law to get here, do you think they might break the law to vote? And how many votes will it generate for Hispanic voters? Figure it out retards. It's Chicago Daley Valerie Jarrett politics.
Some of you conservatives really are thick as pigshit. If you are registering to vote for the first time in your state you have to present a valid photo identification AND an additional piece of material to show an address in that state.

This old chestnut comes up just before every election. It seems it always comes up from the conservative side. You guys really need to stop it with the tinfoil hat BS.

Every time this crap gets trundled out it proves to be a massive load of fertilizer. The truth is that the sum total of voter fraud in this country amounts to little more than a fart in a hurricane. No election outcome in the US during my lifetime has been influenced by voter fraud.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#154917 Aug 15, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
consent requirements?
Judge Walker disregarded the consent of the governed when he voided their democratic will to impose new marriage law on every Californian.

Most same sex marriage supporters don't care about consent, they want to impose new laws by unelected court decree.

Same sex marriage is bad because they don't care for consent.

Location hidden

#154918 Aug 15, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>Gay males are only 3% of the population yet make up 65% of all new HIV cases.

What's your interpretation of that?
Statistics show that:
*Men are are most likely to get HIV from homosexual contact
*Women are are most likely to get HIV from heterosexual contact
*Using infected drugs considerably increased the infection risk in both sexes.
*Children are are most likely to get HIV from their mother
*warning will be using words some people might not like but it is needed to explain biology and the way things work*
But I think the theme is a man is more likely to spread HIV because by having sex he is inserting his penis into someone and injecting the virus. Just like when people share needles and it is injecting the virus directly into their body.
Hey Numbnuts

Alhambra, CA

#154919 Aug 15, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Judge Walker disregarded the consent of the governed when he voided their democratic will to impose new marriage law on every Californian.
Most same sex marriage supporters don't care about consent, they want to impose new laws by unelected court decree.
Same sex marriage is bad because they don't care for consent.
I never gave you "consent" to take away my right to same-sex marriage, so F*CKOFF DIPSH*T.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#154920 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Chicken Little,
Here's another civics lesson for you:
They won't be able to vote. Only citizens are allowed to vote.
Damn! You're stupid!!!
BTW: Screwing with the voter rolls is something the GOP does.
If you want chicken, you have to have a rooster and a hen.

Smile.

PS Was that hate speech to say that???

Location hidden

#154921 Aug 15, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your question is that you're including a premise you haven't proven true. Namely that a lesbian will dress & act like a man to attract another lesbian. Actually, that premise is rather flawed. If a lesbian were attracted to men she wouldn't be a lesbian.
If you want to discuss the way people dress that might be a better starting point for you.
Personally, I prefer to wear denim and tee shirts or work shirts (depending upon weather) as these suit my working conditions and comfort. I dress the same going out to eat in your average restaurant. If I'm going out to a nice place I'll wear a nice pair of jeans instead of the faded ones I wear while working. I'll wear a more casual styled shirt on those occasions. Rarely will I put on a suit. This isn't in order to attract anyone. It is just the way I am. I don't do all the smell good stuff either, that is no substitute for good ol' soap and water.
If you want to further the discussion about sexaul attraction, if my appearance is appealing to a woman, then odds are good she's going to be in the ballpark when it comes to being my type. It has been said that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they dress. Sooo, I'm not apt to draw the attention of some prissy uptight woman who is afraid to get a bit wet out riding on a bike. In short I wear what I feel comfortable in and if that attracts someone, so be it. If it doesn't that ain't no big thang either. This is the way I presented myself well before I met and married my wife and it appears that I'm not going to change anytime soon.
Moving right along to address your question directly, sort of. Are you suggesting that this is the way all lesbians dress? If so I think you're basing your question on a fairly narrow stereotype that doesn't necessarily apply to very many. Yes, I've seen some fairly butch lesbians. Oddly enough I see them as couples. OTOH, there are the two women living on the property next to mine. I'd hardly call their appearances butch at all. They were clothing that flatters their figures and they both wear make up and appear to be quite feminine IMHO. By the same token I know a fair number of straight men that primp and preen & go for the latest styles and load themselves up with cologne. They usually end up with women I find to be a bit tedious.
Hey ho, to each his (or her) own. People wear what they feel comfortable in. You probably won't find a corporate executive hanging out in bib overalls too often.
In spite of all that pontificating gay twirl you "sort of" didn't answer my question. I certainly wasn't interested in your dress options.

I simply asked why "a" lesbian would dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian. And how that behavior relates to evolution (Maybe you should go back to believing in God?).

Not a difficult question to understand. And STILL waiting for a validated answer, not a silly opinion.

Anything that can be destroyed by truth should be.

Smile.

Location hidden

#154922 Aug 15, 2012
Prof Dingleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Lesbians dress and act like lesbians, not like men stupid.
<quoted text>
What does clothing have to do with evolution?
<quoted text>
Stupid questions don't require validated explanations.
Your post handle is very fitting.

Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Downtown North 8 hr ralph 1
Review: Cathy Jean Shoes (Jan '09) Mar 1 Arians 83
Clash of clans Feb 27 Clash of Clans Forum 1
Moderators why have i been shadow banned? (Jun '14) Feb 27 Fracking Doodooda 4
Tesla gearing up for release of batteries for t... Feb 26 Solarman 1
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Feb 26 tera 112
City Blows the Whistle on High-Speed Trains Feb 20 CTYKE 1

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:51 am PST

Bleacher Report10:51AM
Tyvon Branch: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Free-Agent S
Bleacher Report11:29 AM
Dynamic WR Top Priority on 49ers Free-Agency Big Board
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Report: 49ers offering LB Michael Wilhoite in trade
Bleacher Report 2:39 PM
Will 49ers Spend Big or Draft RB to Replace Gore?
Bleacher Report 9:02 PM
San Francisco 49ers: Post-Combine 7-Round Mock Draft