Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201864 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#142691 May 26, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._sta...

......Take a real long look at the U.S. map. 31 states and 10 more coming up soon. That includes California's Proposition 8. The vast majority of the American people and states know that going against Mother Nature has never been associated with American slavery, a totally different issue. Americans, religious and secular, are not fools.
You have been riding this horse an awful lot the last couple of days, perhaps no one has told you that amendments to state constitutions can be and have been overturned when they are found to be in violation of rights guaranteed by the US Constitution? Maybe you didn't know that the case of Loving v Virginia took the constitutional legs out from under 7 amendments states had enacted to prevent interracial marriage from being "forced" on them? Or that amendments to state constitutions that dis the Gay folk can be overturned too? Look up the case of Romer v Evans if you don't believe me. As for all those amendments, if the people don't find the wisdom to repeal them, then the courts will dismantle them in their place. Those states which have enacted amendments which deny any and all legal recognition of the rights of same sex couples will be the first to sink, the rest will be dragged down in their wake.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142692 May 26, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Doesn't change the truth I stated, does it?
2. Takes one to know one, right?
3. I face/faced my defects. You are afraid to face yours. I think that is really stupid.
You lack truth like the Mojave Desert lacks water. I never saw any truth in any of your rants or I'd be agreeing with them.

Help??

LOL!!!

Takes one to know one?? No...it's about the ability to tell right and wrong. If I saw some bozo shooting little puppy dogs in his front yard with a shotgun I'd stop him too but it didn't take being a canine to figure out what action to take moron.

My defects??? I don't use 'spellcheck' in here for one which no doubt causes some to up their Excedrine usage. My wife says I dress like I shop at Ross so I have to clean that up. I stay up too late. Helll...I have a lot of defects Junior and I face them but none of those defects include being a certified nutter who needs a typed letter to walk the streets of my neighborhood like you...LOL!!!
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142693 May 26, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._sta...
<quoted text>
......Take a real long look at the U.S. map. 31 states and 10 more coming up soon. That includes California's Proposition 8. The vast majority of the American people and states know that going against Mother Nature has never been associated with American slavery, a totally different issue. Americans, religious and secular, are not fools.
You can stare at whatever you want Einstein. We're not talking about the eradication of polio here but the existance of a basic right a group of individuals who happen to be gay wish to possess - marriage.

I wasn't for gay marriage either until I actually placed thought into what it was and only then did I personally determine gays should have the freedom to marry the adult of their choice.

If I can come to that conclusion you better believe others will. You do have a large grouping whom are against gay marriage primarily on a religious format but guess what Junior....religion is not supposed to dictate the freedoms of American citizens....it's un-Consitutional and will be argued as such.

It's not done yet, nationwide marriage, but it's my firm belief it will take place. It's your belief it will be stamped out.

Good luck.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142694 May 26, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Outstanding post! You've made excellent points and with respect for everyone. This is what wins people over, not the usual disrespect from both sides most often found on this thread. Thank you for a very refreshing post.
Rick appreciates your approval....especially when it's like someone giving congradulations to a neighbor for building the addition to his house when your input during that time was to continue calling the permit department with false information in order to stop the build.

You're such a hypocrite it's sickening...LOL!!!

And what's hilarious is that you refuse to acknowledge it.

Hey jackass....if you're really for gays marrying why not lay out some comment to those in this forum against it????
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#142695 May 26, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack truth like the Mojave Desert lacks water. I never saw any truth in any of your rants or I'd be agreeing with them.
Help??
LOL!!!
Takes one to know one?? No...it's about the ability to tell right and wrong. If I saw some bozo shooting little puppy dogs in his front yard with a shotgun I'd stop him too but it didn't take being a canine to figure out what action to take moron.
My defects??? I don't use 'spellcheck' in here for one which no doubt causes some to up their Excedrine usage. My wife says I dress like I shop at Ross so I have to clean that up. I stay up too late. Helll...I have a lot of defects Junior and I face them but none of those defects include being a certified nutter who needs a typed letter to walk the streets of my neighborhood like you...LOL!!!
The Mojave Desert thrives with little water. it's natural. Does it make a difference what kind of gun might be used in shooting the puppy dogs? How would you stop him? would if it was a female or a homosexual? Would you throw yourself in front of the puppy dogs? You wife sounds stupid like you, it's now where you buy clothes, it's what you buy. So your defects are that you have the size of junior? How sad. LOL!!!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#142696 May 26, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The Mojave Desert thrives with little water. it's natural. Does it make a difference what kind of gun might be used in shooting the puppy dogs? How would you stop him? would if it was a female or a homosexual? Would you throw yourself in front of the puppy dogs? You wife sounds stupid like you, it's now where you buy clothes, it's what you buy. So your defects are that you have the size of junior? How sad. LOL!!!
Do you actually think this classifies as a rational argument?

Can you actually indicate any legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry that would make such a restriction constitutional?
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142697 May 26, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The Mojave Desert thrives with little water. it's natural. Does it make a difference what kind of gun might be used in shooting the puppy dogs? How would you stop him? would if it was a female or a homosexual? Would you throw yourself in front of the puppy dogs? You wife sounds stupid like you, it's now where you buy clothes, it's what you buy. So your defects are that you have the size of junior? How sad. LOL!!!
Weren't you the spud who called me out a couple of months ago only to have me advise you of where I was going to get my hair cut if yuo were so bent you felt the need to get physical and then you never showed up???

Yeah...it was you...LOL!!!

The Mojave desert doesn't "thrive" like the Amazon rain forest now does it genius...LOL!!!

Answer my earlier question - what's your beef against gays in specifics? Why not let them marry other than giving us your DICKED up opinion you don't want them to "because".
Sawbers pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

#142698 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually think this classifies as a rational argument?
lol...... if he only knew how stupid he looks when he writes that crazy shit.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142699 May 26, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
BTW...it was a shotgun...like I mentioned in the post DUMBASS.

"would if it was a female or a homosexual?"- Wouldn't matter DUMBASS.

"it's now where you buy clothes, it's what you buy." - WTF???

My defects are that I have the size of a junior???- There is no clothing size of 'junior' in men's clothes or anywhere else that I'm aware of idiot -

Quick advice - don't drink booze at 8 A.M.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#142700 May 26, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you the spud who called me out a couple of months ago only to have me advise you of where I was going to get my hair cut if yuo were so bent you felt the need to get physical and then you never showed up???
Yeah...it was you...LOL!!!
The Mojave desert doesn't "thrive" like the Amazon rain forest now does it genius...LOL!!!
Answer my earlier question - what's your beef against gays in specifics? Why not let them marry other than giving us your DICKED up opinion you don't want them to "because".
No, I have never made a threat. I'm sure you have me confused with another fan of yours, you have so many. The Amazon rain forest doesn't thrive as the Mojave desert does, does it genius? I already answered that question, why the short term memory? pot? Nothing against gays, just want to keep the marriage the traditional man woman. You have a problem with that? are you a bigot or something? why do u call them "them". are u ashamed to call them gay? or homosexual or Lesbian? You act like a lot of stupid people here that this argument needs to be WON here. Do you think this topix on homosexual marriage here will make any any difference what so ever? I come here to mock how stupid you are, that's it.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#142701 May 26, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...it was a shotgun...like I mentioned in the post DUMBASS.
"would if it was a female or a homosexual?"- Wouldn't matter DUMBASS.
"it's now where you buy clothes, it's what you buy." - WTF???
My defects are that I have the size of a junior???- There is no clothing size of 'junior' in men's clothes or anywhere else that I'm aware of idiot -
Quick advice - don't drink booze at 8 A.M.
Would if it was a stun gun or a revolver, would that change things to your story? Sorry typo, it should have read: "it's NOT where"....it's just you like to use the word "junior", seems like it might be another defect of yours.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142702 May 26, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick appreciates your approval....especially when it's like someone giving congradulations to a neighbor for building the addition to his house when your input during that time was to continue calling the permit department with false information in order to stop the build.
You're such a hypocrite it's sickening...LOL!!!
And what's hilarious is that you refuse to acknowledge it.
Hey jackass....if you're really for gays marrying why not lay out some comment to those in this forum against it????
You are a paranoid idiot and a class A jackass Dan. You make enemies against a cause you don't even have a stake in. I'm sure people wanting same sex marriage DON'T appreciate you.

Before the day is over, you'll be threatening violence again. Probably against me. I'd call you a bully but you're not even that you're just a punk getting off on disrespecting people from safely behind your keyboard.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#142704 May 26, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virgin...

In its decision, the court wrote:
“Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival....
and nowhere did it say that man can marry a man or a dog..........

“Facts”

Mexico

#142705 May 26, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>A constitutional amendment is NOT decided by the voters UNTIL after both the House and Senate vote on a proposal, pass it by 2/3 the majority in each section and pass it for 2 consecutive sessions......so, IT MATTERS NOT HOW MANY INDIVIDUAL STATES HAVE BANS ON THE RIGHT TO MARRY FOR SAME-SEX COUPLES!!!!

You might want to read this.....it explains the process of Amending the Constitution:
http://www.usconstitution.net/constam.html
correct
And we are close to the numbers for that
Just wait until November..........LOL

Also Mitt could write a EO and ban it nationwide

“Facts”

Mexico

#142706 May 26, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>They tried to pass the ban on gay marriage in 2004 and 2006 when republicans controlled the presidency, house, and senate and they STILL failed to pass it. LOL
and at that time we had only one state that passed the ban and today the tie has shifted and we now have more than 30

“Facts”

Mexico

#142707 May 26, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
When DOMA is abolished that means the federal government will recognize gay marriage. That means I could move to Alabama and they would have to recognize gay marriage because the federal government does.
you could also win the lottery twice in one day........LOL

“Facts”

Mexico

#142708 May 26, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>And then the anti-gay side appealed that decision and a higher court also ruled Prop 8 Unconstitutional! And they appealed once again,are you ready for the 3rd court to uphold Judge Walkers original decision of Prop 8 being Unconstitutional?Odds are they will! Not to mention a California court has just also declared DOMA Unconstitutional at the state level but that is just a prelude of things to come nationally! As well as other courts in the U.S. also having declared parts of DOMA Unconstitutional,can you see the writing on the wall yet? LOL
yes the writing is very clear

In the last few years we went from one state banning SSM to more than 30.........LOL

“Facts”

Mexico

#142709 May 26, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>The Federal 9th District Court in San Francisco is the least trusted and least believable in America. Even the Supreme Court slaps most of their decisions down because of their wackiness. Judge Walker will be slapped back down by the Justice Roberts and the conservative majority SCOTUS.
correct
The SCOTUS will rule in our favor

“Facts”

Mexico

#142710 May 26, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong again dipsh*t. Justice Anthony Kennedy is pro-gay rights. And I love it how you say "conservative" is against gay rights. Being conservative means you are for LIMITED GOVERNMENT IN PEOPLE'S LIFES! What would I expect from some uneducated white trash tea bagger retard.
protecting the meaning of the word marriage has nothing to do with big or small goverment
Bully called One

Ukiah, CA

#142711 May 26, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
yes the writing is very clear
In the last few years we went from one state banning SSM to more than 30.........LOL
Here is One....internet forum bully.

Tell them how you destroyed the Ukiah Forum, One.

This topic fits your profile of intolerance, are you gonna start 500 inflammatory threads on this forum, too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
supernatural 26 min rudra21m 2
i want love 6 hr rudra21m 2
Review: Cheap Movers In Redwood City Mon nita singler 1
kon kon aaj threesame krna chahta h Aug 27 Anonymous 2
News Advances Against Chronic Pain (Sep '12) Aug 26 Ambct617 20
cari tante yg suka brondong Aug 25 Ajis19 1
News Abortion Harvesting Scandal: Aborted Baby Organ... Jul '15 soylent green is ... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages