Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#137142 Apr 21, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
CULT BEHAVIOR 101 <BS truncated>
Buffonery 101
1. Make off topic posts
2. pretend to be relevant

Have you come up with a rational argument for your position yet? Have you come up with a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Indianapolis, IN

#137143 Apr 21, 2012
The Aura of Sacred Science:

The cult advances the idea that the cult's laws, rules and regulations are absolute and, therefore, to be followed automatically.

The group's belief is that their dogma is absolutely scientific and morally true.

No alternative viewpoint is allowed.

No questioning of the dogma is permitted.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#137144 Apr 21, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
CULT BEHAVIOR 101
1. The Guru is always right.
2. You are always wrong.
3. No Exit.
4. No Graduates.
5. Cult-speak.
6. Group-think, Suppression of Dissent, and Enforced Conformity in Thinking
7. Irrationality.
8. Suspension of disbelief.
9. Denigration of competing sects, cults, religions...
10. Personal attacks on critics.
11. Insistence that the cult is THE ONLY WAY.
12. The cult and its members are special.
13. Induction of guilt, and the use of guilt to manipulate cult members.
14. Unquestionable Dogma, Sacred Science, and Infallible Ideology.
15. Indoctrination of members.
16. Appeals to "holy" or "wise" authorities.
17. Instant Community.
18. Instant Intimacy.
19. Surrender To The Cult.
20. Giggly wonderfulness and starry-eyed faith.
You're a pro at 13.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#137145 Apr 21, 2012
Lesbian couple and gender engineering... Why gay 'marriage and family' is wrong.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/20/briti...

British couple reveals sex of child they raised as ‘genderless’ for 5 years
www.foxnews.com
A British couple who raised their child as gender neutral in a bid to break free from stereotyping revealed Friday that their five-year-old is a boy.

“I love goats”

Since: Apr 12

They are soft and fuzzy

#137146 Apr 21, 2012
Ki Marea wrote:
Lesbian couple and gender engineering... Why gay 'marriage and family' is wrong.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/20/briti...
British couple reveals sex of child they raised as ‘genderless’ for 5 years
www.foxnews.com
A British couple who raised their child as gender neutral in a bid to break free from stereotyping revealed Friday that their five-year-old is a boy.
Wow, Fox News. Thats gotta be proof. Hope they are not tapping your phone.

Location hidden

#137147 Apr 21, 2012
limprag25 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, Fox News. Thats gotta be proof. Hope they are not tapping your phone.
Bigotry begets idiocy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/21/coup...

“I love goats”

Since: Apr 12

They are soft and fuzzy

#137148 Apr 21, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
The cult advances the idea that the cult's laws, rules and regulations are absolute and, therefore, to be followed automatically.
The group's belief is that their dogma is absolutely scientific and morally true.
Religious cults reject anything scientific, unless they think it somehow supports their dogma. Usually by twisting it in a knot. Look at christianity, the biggest cult of all.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#137149 Apr 21, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Funny, that's kind of how you regard your opinion. Congratulations on being a cult of one.

Feel free to actually come up with some science to back your personal opinions. So far, you haven't indicated any valid reason to deny same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#137150 Apr 21, 2012
"The true rule, in determining to embrace or reject any thing, is not whether it has any evil in it; but whether it has more of evil than of good. There are few things wholly evil or wholly good. Almost every thing ... is an inseparable compound of the two; so that our best judgment of the preponderance between them is continually demanded."

Abraham Lincoln

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#137151 Apr 21, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
"The true rule, in determining to embrace or reject any thing, is not whether it has any evil in it; but whether it has more of evil than of good. There are few things wholly evil or wholly good. Almost every thing ... is an inseparable compound of the two; so that our best judgment of the preponderance between them is continually demanded."
Abraham Lincoln
Arguing that fellow citizens should be held as second-class citizens with less than equal protection of the laws is definitely more evil than good.

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

#137152 Apr 21, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Abraham Lincoln
“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

Abraham Lincoln
Jennifer

United States

#137153 Apr 21, 2012
When is the Jennifer is driving to Fontana, California?
Jennifer

United States

#137154 Apr 21, 2012
Fontana, California

Location hidden

#137155 Apr 21, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguing that fellow citizens should be held as second-class citizens with less than equal protection of the laws is definitely more evil than good.
A distinct group seeking to deceptively aquire special rights, at the expense of a vulnerable group, is especially more evil.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#137156 Apr 21, 2012
Ki Marea wrote:
<quoted text>
A distinct group seeking to deceptively aquire special rights, at the expense of a vulnerable group, is especially more evil.
How is it harmful to want to avoid the typical stereotyping that society puts out there?

If a boy wants to play with dolls, exactly what is wrong with that? or if a girl wants to play with cars, trucks and enjoys the colors blue and orange, what is wrong with that?

I'll tell ya....NOT A DAMN THING.....it makes them well round individuals........and there is NOTHING wrong with them or their parents!!!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#137157 Apr 21, 2012
Ki Marea wrote:
Marriage is in no way a special right. It exists in every state in the union, and the US Constitution mandates that states must provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws. There is no rational basis to restrict marriage to being between a man and a woman, expressly abridging the rights of same sex couples to marry, which would make such a restriction constitutional.

Feel free to prove to the contrary.

For that matter, feel free to indicate how allowing same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry has any adverse affect whatsoever on anyone who would not enter into such a union.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#137158 Apr 21, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Because large groups of uneducated people always need someone to pick on. It has been like this down through history. Since the number of homosexuals has always been small, they are prime for candidates for the hate, anger, and abuse that would not be socially acceptable against any other group.
In other words, we are the "dogs" the ignorant feel it's okay to kick.
So I guess all those liberal idiots who are always protesting nonsense are uneducated. Thanks for the clarification.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#137159 Apr 21, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean affect?
The reality of the matter is that our constitution mandates that states provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws. In essence, it mandates fairness. The reason that equality will come to pass is simply because it is fair, it is just, and it is right.
once againyou grace us with your ignorance of the 14th Amendment and its meaning and intent.

Location hidden

#137160 Apr 21, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it harmful to want to avoid the typical stereotyping that society puts out there?
If a boy wants to play with dolls, exactly what is wrong with that? or if a girl wants to play with cars, trucks and enjoys the colors blue and orange, what is wrong with that?
I'll tell ya....NOT A DAMN THING.....it makes them well round individuals........and there is NOTHING wrong with them or their parents!!!
Your messed up orientation has messed up your thinking. Do you know just how distinct the male brain and hormones are from a females?

What caring parent would experiment on any child that way?

Location hidden

#137161 Apr 21, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is in no way a special right. It exists in every state in the union, and the US Constitution mandates that states must provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws. There is no rational basis to restrict marriage to being between a man and a woman, expressly abridging the rights of same sex couples to marry, which would make such a restriction constitutional.
Feel free to prove to the contrary.
For that matter, feel free to indicate how allowing same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry has any adverse affect whatsoever on anyone who would not enter into such a union.
I've listed numerous differences many times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Highlands Park Playground Community Workshop Fri jen 1
Sex and booze at Stanford Jun 17 Hillary is a Liar 3
james dobbs ex rialto police officer moves back... (Aug '10) Jun 15 Cltn 15
name of victim Jun 15 victim 1
News Defiant Sanders predicts Democratic convention ... Jun 13 No Hillary 8
News Deported Immigrants' Kids Face Dilemma (Apr '07) Jun 12 Chillsea Cliton 8
Re-Elect Judge Aaron Persky! Jun 11 Chillsea Cliton 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages