Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201844 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Winston Smith

Durham, NC

#134927 Apr 2, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the other stooges declared it is impossible for a homosexual to be a child molester. You support that ridiculous notion. But here you say "a homosexual is no more likely to molest a child than a heterosexual" (and I agree with that). But it implies some homosexuals do molest children. So what is it? Do some homosexuals molest children or not?
And by the way, your off topic. The ratio of homosexuals to heterosexuals is about as relevant as a rubber ducky in your bath tub.
Little Winston's rubber ducky. YUK!YUK!YUK!
No, numbskull, the implication has been that all men who molest boys are gay. Which is clearly not the case. The reality is that homosexuals rarely molest. I'm quite happy that you think your posts are intelligent. However, they're testimony to your limited intellect.
Just us

Greenville, SC

#134928 Apr 2, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>What planet do you live on? Polygamy is still illegal. Incest is still illegal.
Did your brain hurt when that thought bounced out, and was discarded? Polygamy and incest are illegal, really, where? Please specify where they are illegal and why. Let me help you, same sex marriage is also illegal in 44 states and 187 countries. So, what closet did you crawl out of?
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#134929 Apr 2, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No, numbskull, the implication has been that all men who molest boys are gay. Which is clearly not the case. The reality is that homosexuals rarely molest. I'm quite happy that you think your posts are intelligent. However, they're testimony to your limited intellect.
But you see dipshit, you dishonestly tried to make that MY implication. I never implied that and you know it.

You sure don't seem happy that my posts are intelligent Winston! Are you being dishonest again?

Winston. You're a big fibber! YUK!YUK!YUK!
Dee

Norwalk, CA

#134932 Apr 2, 2012
My My...get off the computer and go out and express yerselves in a healthy way...This is not healthy...

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#134933 Apr 2, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your pal lides really do live in a parallel universe with rules of logic and deduction entirely different from our universe.
All the activities I enumerated have laws on the books that will send you to jail if convicted. All are a private sex matter. Swinging is still illegal in some states and has yet to produce case law in these states showing the state has no business proscribing it.
I won't even waste my time going though the others because your response is an ignorant one and as everyone knows ignorance is the most powerful weapon a person can use in a debate.
And equal marriage rights are not illegal. Apples and oranges. There is no state interest in keeping me from marrying my life partner. None.

And name calling is used by people who know they are losing an argument.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#134934 Apr 2, 2012
Just us wrote:
<quoted text>You are either dumb or a liar. Prop 22 was the law, marriage as one man and one woman. The CSSC pocked their noses in and violated initiative law, by not allowing a stay of their decision for the proponents to get signatures for a ballot initiative for Prop 8. When Prop 8 is upheld, we will go to the courts and invalidate those faux marriages because they are illegal. If we had not gotten the signatures then the stay could have been lifted and then the marriages would have been legal. So, Mom with no clue, shameful marriages were never the law so gays had no rights to same sex marriage.
Yes, equal marriage rights were in force in CA, and many, many homosexual couples took advantage of that. In fact, after Prop 8, it was ruled that those marriages were still legal. Check your facts, Bucko.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#134935 Apr 2, 2012
Just us wrote:
<quoted text>You really are a dumb bunny, because the state exercising its interest is why they, the state, makes these things illegal.
We now know why you made a gay child, something went terribly wrong in there.
Yes, the state made these things illegal. But there is no state interest in making marriage illegal. NONE.

BTW My daughters are heterosexual. I am a lesbian. Are you going to blame my parents??? Two out of their five are lesbians.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#134937 Apr 2, 2012
Just us wrote:
<quoted text>Did your brain hurt when that thought bounced out, and was discarded? Polygamy and incest are illegal, really, where? Please specify where they are illegal and why. Let me help you, same sex marriage is also illegal in 44 states and 187 countries. So, what closet did you crawl out of?
Same sex marriage is not illegal. It is just not recognized by the government. Now who is the dumb bunny.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#134940 Apr 2, 2012
CRIP BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong stretch grasshopper, Native Americans fall under the same "suspect class" race. The issue is twofold "suspect class" and sexual orientation being a behavior and not distinguishable or identifiable. If you would like a case student on sex, women, and their status as a minority group then you are really way out in clueless land. You just got through going through the 10% thing and women are over 50%. Now, wonder bread, go get a research book and study the criteria s for a "suspect class".
Question??? If sexual orientation is a behavior, then chidren are neither heterosexual nor homosexual until they have sex??? Could you post some information that confirms this???

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#134942 Apr 2, 2012
CRIP BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>You say that same sex marriage is normal for you, so for how many years have you been married to a same sex partner? Okay, so how many years were you married to an opposite sex partner, and if the gay marriage seems as normal as the straight one that you had then why did you suck it up?
27 years in a pretend heterosexual marriage until he left me for my best friend. 6 years in a same sex relationship with my new best friend and the love of my life.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#134955 Apr 2, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be ridiculous.
And nagging only wins arguments where you live, Missy.
And for the record, I've already linked to the group of physicians who believe same-sex marriage gives the false impression homosexual sex is safe. Here it is again:
http://www.obamnesty.com/index.php...
Why not read the article and learn why they believe the state has an interest in restricting marriage to opposite sex?
And as pointed out, if the state has an interest in the sex lives of polygamists, siblings, the mentally ill, why not homosexuals?
Why should homosexuals alone be given a special dispensation?
Attempting to spread a virus again?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#134956 Apr 2, 2012
CRIP BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, your parents are to blame and two out of five makes sense. Similar environment and socialization and stories you won't tell. Environmental and social factors manufacture gays like a factory bilaterally destroying the amygdala.
That's a pretty stupid thing to say.
Rules Of Evidence

Livermore, CA

#134957 Apr 2, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Attempting to spread a virus again?
Watch out Mona,Dr. Douche is at it again! LOL,You know what happens when his mouth opens,projectile Lie's,hatred and bigotry pour forth!! Beware! LOL
Rules Of Evidence

Livermore, CA

#134958 Apr 2, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty stupid thing to say.
Like I said it's Dr Douche,what do you expect? The truth? LOL
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#134959 Apr 2, 2012
Rules Of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said it's Dr Douche,what do you expect? The truth? LOL
Hell no.... not from him. He's too much of a drama queen.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#134963 Apr 3, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be ridiculous.
And for the record, I've already linked to the group of physicians who believe same-sex marriage gives the false impression homosexual sex is safe. Here it is again:
Why not read the article and learn why they believe the state has an interest in restricting marriage to opposite sex?
And as pointed out, if the state has an interest in the sex lives of polygamists, siblings, the mentally ill, why not homosexuals?
It doesn't matter how safe or unsafe gay sex is. Not allowing marriage will do absolutely nothing to reduce those numbers so that's a bullshit reason to say no. Not to mention it's hypocritical to stop homosexuals from marrying because of STDs, but have no problem with heterosexuals spreading STDs and marrying. Do we ban all cars because some get in accidents? It's just illogical.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#134964 Apr 3, 2012
CRIP BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that means you have no point of reference and no clue. You were lying and deceiving for 27 years, so you only learned to be a liar. Now, you are dating a same sex person for 6 years and using that lying skill you acquired. You have no concept of normal, you only have lying and fornication.
I never lied. I was true to my marriage vows. He left me. Now I know what real love and companionship feels like. I am blessed.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#134965 Apr 3, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be ridiculous.
Because homosexual marriage is no more dangerous than heterosexual marriage. NOT IN ANY WAY!!!!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#134967 Apr 3, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Because homosexual marriage is no more dangerous than heterosexual marriage. NOT IN ANY WAY!!!!
How could you possibly know that, Gay Mom?

Even famed lesbian researcher Nanette Gartrell's research shows 56% of lesbian couples break-up before their kid reaches 17 compared to only 3-30 of heterosexual parents.

Add to this, the problem with all of Gartrell's studies is she samples only lesbians from higher socio-economic groups.

In other words, Gay Mom, your personal opinion is as flawed as your parenting skills.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#134968 Apr 3, 2012
chief22 wrote:
No where did the proposition say it banned anything,
Walker's ruling was such that he was able to personally gain by it, meaning Conflict or interest. and no where in the Constitution refer to marriage.
Prop 8
"Section I. Title
This measure shall be known and may be cited as the "California Marriage Protection Act."
Section 2. Article I. Section 7.5 is added to the California Constitution, to read: Sec. 7.5. Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

This is a de facto ban on gay marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mujhe ladki ki gand chatni hai koi chatwa do pl... 10 min raaj89 2
OVER BILLING SCAM against san mateo taxpayers (Mar '14) 15 hr balozoi 11
DA/Public Officials VIOLATES FEDERAL LAWS AETA/... 15 hr balozoi 15
News Abortion Harvesting Scandal: Aborted Baby Organ... Jul 29 soylent green is ... 1
News The Carvery in Downtown Livermore Closes (Nov '13) Jul 24 Ssophiiee 9
Garage Sale 1220 Fernside Saturday 7/25 8:00am Jul 23 jmcdonald 1
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Jul 12 addaproducts 954
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages