Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201881 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#129707 Feb 22, 2012
The Lady Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Having problem with your reading comprehension?
Actually, I posted THREE comprehensive studies in my post.
http://www.napcwa.org/home/docs/CRS_TeenPregP ...
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1 ...
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/USTPtrends.pdf
BTW, only one of your links works.. Care to try again.
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129709 Feb 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I upset you with facts.. I guess people have to agree with you or else. Please,tell us again how all the studies but yours are wrong..
Facts? The SOURCES cited in the articles YOU posted don't support their content.

But don't swear it, I already know how hard it is for you to admit you are wrong which is pretty funny considering how often it happens.

Location hidden

#129711 Feb 22, 2012
The Lady Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts? The SOURCES cited in the articles YOU posted don't support their content.
But don't swear it, I already know how hard it is for you to admit you are wrong which is pretty funny considering how often it happens.
Yawn..

Location hidden

#129714 Feb 22, 2012
The Lady Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
What is funny is you using data from 2005 when it is 2011.

But aside from that, not many advocate "abstinence only" education, comprehensive education is the preferred method. I would be counted among those. The issue comes when people like you come along and laugh at abstinence as an important lesson. You come along with your studies, you toss in a few names (Palin), and you cackle saying teens are going to do it anyway.

So seriously, the only one having issues with facts here is you..

You make dilly assertions as in your Palin example, that if only the poor child had been shown how to use a condom that would have never happened, when the fact remains, you have no idea what Sarah taught her child. So seriously, let us know when you are ready to step down from your high horse.
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129715 Feb 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,tell us again how all the studies but yours are wrong..
All the studies including the one you cited in the two article YOU posted come to the same conclusion. The other one was based on information gathered for 5th and 6th graders and it's sort of had to tell if "abstinence only" education is actually working with pre-sexaul kids.

However I know that it would be emotionally devastating for you to risk clicking the links to the sources cited in the article YOU posted, read them yourself and then come back and admit that you are the one who is wrongs o don't sweat it.

And GOOD LUCK with keeping you head jammed tightly up you azz so nothing you don't want to hear seeps in!
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129716 Feb 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn..
Anxiety is known to be a trigger for yawning.

http://www.content4reprint.com/health/is-yawn...

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/yawni...

And OMG, YOU suck a childish putz.(this is so obvious that I don't need a source.needed)

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#129718 Feb 22, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you assume that homosexuality is defined by male-to-male anal sex ? You therefore believe that ALL gay males engage in it.
UNTRUE. I'm openly gay, out over 30 years, and I never engage in anal sex, and I have met plenty of other gay men who also never engage in it.
It's clear that you are TOTALLY IGNORANT of gay and lesbian people.
And btw, you're avatar is gross, ugly, and disturbing, as you also are no doubt.
Why do you assume I assume all gays engage in anal sex?
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129722 Feb 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny? Why? The data collected on "abstinence only" education was so conclusive that study funding dried up and I don't think that there has been a new one since 2007.
akpilot wrote:
The issue comes when people like you come along and laugh at abstinence as an important lesson. You come along with your studies, you toss in a few names (Palin), and you cackle saying teens are going to do it anyway.
First off, while I think our teen pregnancy rate is shameful, I did not say that "teens are going to do 'it' anyway".

My experience in this area is considerable and I have seen time and again that teens know better do better and so it's critical that they educated to protect themselves from unintended pregnancy, STD's and relationship violence.

And actually, my original comment was about "christian" who "opting out" of sex-ed programs.

You are the one who got touchy about (loud mouth media whore) Sara Palin and you responded with your usual assumptions and assertions.

And I am at work and it looks like its getting busy. Good night.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#129723 Feb 22, 2012
Seriously, folks, how did it get to the point where men are in our schools teaching our kids the rectum is a sex organ?

There's no science to support this insane claim, nothing but the mantra gays use to prove all their screwball claims -- "Heteros do it too!"

Well, that's not science. That doesn't refute the blatantly obvious function of the rectum -- to evacuate fecal matter!

No one should be engaging in anal sex and because some people do, that doesn't make it safe and normal.

And it's unfortunate gay males don't have a mechanism for achieving satisfying sex but to tell children anal sex is that mechanism is to tell them a monstrous lie.

Gays are in the schools teaching children anal sex is safe and normal because you voted for same-sex marriage.

At least be honest enough to admit that.
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129724 Feb 22, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny.
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129725 Feb 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, only one of your links works.. Care to try again.
try Googling:

NAPCWA Teen Pregnancy (PDF)

plosONE Teen Pregnancy (abstract)
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129726 Feb 22, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Um...because are OBSESSED with "male to male" anal sex?
Prof Marvel wrote:
rectum is a sex organ... Heteros do it too!... the rectum
anal sex... gay males... anal sex... Gays are in the schools... anal sex... same-sex marriage... male to male anal sex... gay sex...
So at least be honest enough to admit that.
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129734 Feb 22, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...ASSume?
Prof Marvel wrote:
Transvestites… same-sex marriage… gays demand… "The Little Black Book" gay males… screwball LGBT social engineering...
Prof Marvel wrote:
rectum… sex organ… gays -- "Heteros do it too!"-- the rectum … anal sex… gay males… satisfying sex... anal sex… Gays… anal sex… same-sex marriage.
Prof Marvel wrote:
sex manual… gay males… Little Black Book…
Prof Marvel wrote:
Homosexuals… gay men… male-to-male anal sex… male-to-male anal sex… anal sex… Anal sex… rectum area… sphincter… anal passage… gay men… anal sex
Prof Marvel wrote:
gay… same-sex attraction... homosexuality… homosexual sex… ANAL SEX… Anal sex … homosexuals anal sex…
Prof Marvel wrote:
same-sex… homosexuality... homosexuality… Anal sex… gay men… Straights do anal sex too!--The Little Black Book -- homosexual sex… urinate on each other, rim each other, fist each other, anal sex each other…. Straights pee on each other too!"
Prof Marvel wrote:
male-to-male sexual context… gay spin doctors… anal sex male-to-male anal sex.
Prof Marvel wrote:
male-to-male anal sex… male-to-male anal sex
Prof Marvel wrote:
gays… gay sex… Male-to-male anal sex
Prof Marvel wrote:
… urinate on each other, rim each other, fist each other, corn-hole each other… gay men… "heterosexuals do these things" --Little Black Book-- Little Black Book— gay… queer sex… gay man… homosexual sex… "Youth on Fire"
Prof Marvel wrote:
gay stickola… the Little Black Book… urinate on each other?... "Straights do it too!"
Prof Marvel wrote:
Homosexuality… homosexual… anal sex… male-to-male sex… gay males sex… anal sex… gay … gay males… homosexuality… act of anal sex… gay gene
Prof Marvel wrote:
gay man... penis suits... leather chaps... pink asses exposed... gay... young boys
LOL, you don't dwell on this much do you?
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#129736 Feb 22, 2012
^^^^^ Hey Professor M, Your weird OFF TOPIC obsession is pretty creepy when you see it all laid out like that.^^^^^

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#129739 Feb 22, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you're saying that gay sex leads to hiv infection. And there has NEVER been a single case of hiv being spread thru oral sex. So it's obvious you believe all gay men engage in anal sex. And not alll gay guys do.
Sue Wee

Hoboken, NJ

#129740 Feb 22, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you teaching children how to protect themselves from Leprosy and malaria? If not, why are you teaching them HIV-AIDS affects more heterosexuals than homosexuals instead of teaching them here in the U.S. it disproportionately affects gay men?
Obviously, you do it because the CDC stats show male-to-male anal sex in the U.S.A is morbidly unhealthy and you'd rather kids not know this.
You want them to believe male-to-male anal sex is just as safe and normal as straight sex.
Isn't that so?
Finally, male-to-male anal sex even without HIV is not normal and that's because nothing that causes the damage to the body anal sex causes is normal.
Anal sex causes extreme trauma to the rectum area. As the frequency increases the sphincter muscles fails and no longer seals the anal passage securely which is why many gay men end up wearing diapers.
Knowing this, how can you continue to tell children anal sex is normal and safe?
"...you do it because the CDC stats show male-to-male anal sex in the U.S.A is morbidly unhealthy..."

Liar. Maybe YOU think that's what they show, but the CDC certainly doesn't. You can't produce one single death certificate that states the cause of death as anal sex. You are intentionally misrepresenting the statistics. That speaks to your motives. So what's the explanation? Are you a liar or are you stupid? I say both.
Sue Wee

Hoboken, NJ

#129741 Feb 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
But aside from that, not many advocate "abstinence only" education, comprehensive education is the preferred method. I would be counted among those. The issue comes when people like you come along and laugh at abstinence as an important lesson. You come along with your studies, you toss in a few names (Palin), and you cackle saying teens are going to do it anyway.
So seriously, the only one having issues with facts here is you..
You make dilly assertions as in your Palin example, that if only the poor child had been shown how to use a condom that would have never happened, when the fact remains, you have no idea what Sarah taught her child. So seriously, let us know when you are ready to step down from your high horse.
Excuse me. It is 2012.
Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#129742 Feb 22, 2012
Sue Wee wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. It is 2012.
Indeed it is! You always were a sharp one Aida. I'm real proud of you.

Yuk! Yuk! Yuk!
Ratso Rizzo

Hoboken, NJ

#129743 Feb 22, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it is! You always were a sharp one Aida. I'm real proud of you.
Yuk! Yuk! Yuk!
What year is it on your planet?
Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#129744 Feb 22, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No, it makes it the statistical norm. "Normal" is in the eye of the beholder. <quoted text>It CAN BE dangerous, but then again, any sexual behavior CAN BE dangerous, people can hurt themselves masturbating. The answer is practicing safer and informed sex, not getting freaked out by a particular behavior unless it IS inherently dangerous. <quoted text>Every survey has some margin for error, but even factoring it it, this survey is proof that anal sex, in terms of the actual numbers, is far more frequent among the opposite sex than the same sex.
<quoted text>You're forgetting men who are bisexual and heterosexual men who for whatever reason have sex with men. Yes, the rate of infection for MSM is significantly higher than for men who don't, but that is because of the method of transmission, infected cells needing direct access to the blood system, which occurs more frequently with men who engage in unprotected anal sex than men who only engage in vaginal sex.
<quoted text>UNPROTECTED receptive anal sex with someone who is infected. <quoted text>And the rate of anal sex among women dwarfs that of even men who engage in receptive anal sex (not just homosexuals by the way, the figure is for MSM), refer back to my link for the percentage of women who engage in anal sex for the reason why. Other HPV related cancers are also far more frequent among women than men, the reason being, HPV is the single most common sexually transmitted virus and almost everyone who is sexually active has been exposed to one or more.
<quoted text>Again, ANY sexual act CAN BE dangerous, regardless of the sex and/or number of those involved. The answer is to engage in them informed and safer, not freak out about them. If you're not into anal sex (either giving or receiving), then don't. But don't go around moralizing against it based on some half learned "facts". People are going to engage in it whether you like it or not, they need to learn how to do it as safely as possible, not cave into your poor coping skills.
<quoted text>You spend way too much time obsessing over other people's sex lives, get a different hobby.
Bet you're in the "receptive anal sex" group eh, Rick?

Yuk! Yuk! Yuk!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Senior Helpers (Mar '16) Sep 23 John A 3
Re-Elect Judge Aaron Persky! Sep 7 Big Lumber 8
james dobbs ex rialto police officer moves back... (Aug '10) Jul '16 Bobcobb 16
Floating comes to Redwood City near Bed, Bath a... May '16 Michelle2m 1
News Redwood City approves highway undercrossing: Pa... May '16 Lives in Redwood ... 2
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Mar '16 Lue1981 122
Which cheap and legit site to buy fifa 15 coins? (Nov '14) Mar '16 Novialee 4

Redwood City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages