Motorcycle accident on 101 in Redwood...

Motorcycle accident on 101 in Redwood City Friday,Mar 16th

Posted in the Redwood City Forum

Eric Barker

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2007
Does anyone know how to find out about this? How can I find out if there was a newspaper story etc....???

I can't seem to find anything yet and all help would be greatfully appreciated!!

Thanks
Eric Barker

United States

#2 Mar 21, 2007
I forgot, concerning the motorcycle accident in Redwood City Friday MAR 16th. anyone with ANY info (Where to find news stories about it, or any eyewitnessess, OR anyone that was stuck in that traffic that can tell me what they saw)(please leave a voicemail) can contact me by e-mail at [email protected]
John

San Mateo, CA

#3 Apr 8, 2007
I am concerned about this also, I was there a couple of minutes after it happened. I just saw a downed motorcylist on the ground and his bike and helmet about 100 feet down the freeway.

This was on 101 south near Woodside Rd right?
Nick

San Jose, CA

#4 May 8, 2007
I saw it too after almost just a minute after it happened. I was driving at about 60 miles/hour. Then 2 motorcycles blew by me one after another. I would estimate their speed to be around 90-100 miles/hour or even higher. They were really fast & the rider on the second bike had only one hand on the bike. The other hand on his waist. I was thinking these people probably will get into a car accident driving at this speed and zig & Zag among so many cars. Just about a minute after they passed me, the cars in front of slowed down and stopped, then slowly speed up again. I saw the driver on the ground, face down, breathing very fast and heavily, but without a single move. I believe he is the second driver from his dress. There were people started to getting out of cars & walking to him, there were people calling 911, his friend parked his bike far away and running over toward him. There was not much I could help. I drove away and felt very sorry for him and guessed that the driver does not have a good chance to survive. Sorry for him! I wish he can survive and slow down a little in the future.

Since: Apr 07

San Mateo, CA

#5 May 11, 2007
i think if it was a fatal, we would have heard about it. I saw that he had decent gear, I think he survived but with a lot of broken bones.

As a newbie motorcyclist this scares me.
trainer

Redwood City, CA

#6 May 20, 2007
I drove by the accident a few minutes after the chp arrived....This was on 101 North bound in Redwood City, right...well, whomever it was did indeed pass away...when I drove by all I saw was interbody parts all over the right lane, then a mangled body on the road half way covered up by a yellow body bag...Police and EMS were searching a car that was on its side, also on the side of the road. Someone died...why is this not on the news. It was extremely disturbing to see..I have searched and saw that there was a noted motorcycle accident, but nothing more...I am curious to know what happened as well.

Since: Apr 07

San Jose, CA

#7 May 22, 2007
it was south bound about 2 months ago near woodside rd.
Rob

United States

#8 Oct 24, 2007
HomeSlice wrote:
i think if it was a fatal, we would have heard about it. I saw that he had decent gear, I think he survived but with a lot of broken bones.
As a newbie motorcyclist this scares me.
I am sorry I set such a shitty example. Since I sucked at being a good example let this event be a better lesson. Be safe and sane or get off. Better yet, dont skip on your gear. I am here because of my good quality full face helmet.
Thank you Eric and thank you to my scorpion.
[email protected]
www.californiaposse.com
Forgot about this site

Belmont, CA

#9 Mar 12, 2008
I don't know about the accident that you described, but the motorcycle accident was SOUTH bound 101. He is my best friend and yes he survived, made a phenominal recovery and would you believe reconstructed and still rides the same bike! The bike didnt sustain as much damage as you would have thunk though, it was pretty shocking to me! Thanks for all of you that posted your point of views of what you saw!! Thanks - Eric

scout

Since: Feb 07

Mountain View, CA

#10 Mar 21, 2008
I've ridden moto for decades, but the above posts just shows what I tell all my friends in LA: the bay area cagers/auto folks are the nicest group of drivers you ever want to share the road with. I've only been here for two years but put on about 8k miles with a moto.

Everyone pretty much uses the signals and tends to watch out for others which helps riders. Speeds are high, but that's not a problem with old timer riders.

Also, fyi, riders feel safest when they go slightly faster than traffic. An aggressive driver coming up forces the rider to split lanes even in high speed traffic. Mild drive ups are not a problem, but aggressive come ups causes increased moto speeds and escape route planning, and we're gone in a flash.

Thanks again my friends.
A FRIEND

Sacramento, CA

#11 Apr 19, 2008
I need information on the motorcycle accident that happen March 14,2008 around 6:pm on 101 and Marsh. Please leave any information.
May400

San Carlos, CA

#12 Feb 12, 2011
I hope those HW patrols get sued all the way to their fckn neck!
Wanting Answers

Redwood City, CA

#13 Feb 22, 2011
Does anyone know or did anyone see the motorcycle accident involved with a chp car on 101 southbound between brittain ave and whipple ave on thursday february 10 at or around 930 pm... please any info please reply back thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's views on California protesters Tue Cat74 26
News Donald Trumpa s bizarre California GOP conventi... Mon Chilli J 30
News East Palo Alto teacher will face charges for le... Sun Teacher Goodsomemore 2
News Police Seek Information on Residential Burglar Apr 30 Julie Jane 1
News Community benefactors Apr 30 Julie Jane 1
News Hildreth elected ALA treasurer Apr 30 Sandy Ann 1
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Mar '16 Lue1981 122
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages