Student calls police after Atherton m...

Student calls police after Atherton math teacher rattles table

There are 1 comment on the San Jose Mercury News story from Mar 2, 2011, titled Student calls police after Atherton math teacher rattles table. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

An eighth-grade math teacher at Atherton's Selby Lane School rattled a table to get his students' attention Tuesday afternoon, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

Noel Tate

Mobile, AL

#1 Mar 2, 2011
There is absolutely no excuse for this teacher being on suspension. The student should have been suspended for being inattentive, walking out of the classroom without a pass, using a cell phone at school, and improperly using the 911 emergency system. I would say she should be suspended for being a stupid brat, but that, unfortunately, is not against any rules or laws. Teachers should be supported as they try to maintain order in their classroom and facilitate learning. Instead, situations like this undermine their authority and make it harder for them to be effective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jlk Thu hgj 1
News Modesto man arrested in Redwood City sexual ass... Oct '15 SJResident 1
Review: Cheap Movers In Redwood City Aug '15 nita singler 1
News Abortion Harvesting Scandal: Aborted Baby Organ... Jul '15 soylent green is ... 1
News The Carvery in Downtown Livermore Closes (Nov '13) Jul '15 Ssophiiee 9
Garage Sale 1220 Fernside Saturday 7/25 8:00am Jul '15 jmcdonald 1
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Jul '15 addaproducts 954
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages